PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take for TM to be made

Gwenzilla
06-12-2004, 11:59 PM
We "purchased" (ordered) a new TM on April 24 and were told to expect delivery by May 24 (came and went) ... then told probably by end of May (came and went)... then it was expected by the end of first week of June (sigh...came and went). Called dealer Saturday and was told he will call the factory monday and get back to us.

Does anyone who purchased a TM lately know about how long it took them to get theirs delivered. (patience is definitely not one of my virtues it seems!!)

I am sure that the factory is quite busy with orders, being that this is the beginning of the RV season. I am all aflutter in anticipation! Got tons of plans and shopping lists but......... no trailer :'( :'(

live2shopnc
06-13-2004, 05:46 AM
I ordered mine the first of Feb. and got it about the 15th of April. Worth the weight: gives you time to save the money to buy all the stuff!

jgilliam1955
06-13-2004, 11:25 AM
;DI got mine the same day. It was a new dealer & we were able to buy & drive away. 8)

smookie
06-13-2004, 07:10 PM
We ordered our 2004 2720SL in April and received it in mid-June last year. There was a delay in getting the new styled bumpers back then.

I know how long it can seem when you are so eager to get something. It is worth the wait and I hope you enjoy your new TM as much as we love ours!

jniles
06-19-2004, 12:16 PM
We ordered ours and were told it would be 4 to 6 weeks (Mr. Hulsey) as they try to work in sold units in a higher priority than stocking units. The dealer confirmed the wait when we ordered and it actually came in 4 weeks. It may be much busier now but if it were me know I would call the factory direct and find out exactly what is going on. It would not be the first time a dealer danced a jig for whatever reason (cash flow or incompetence are usually the culprits).

Gwenzilla
06-19-2004, 02:21 PM
We "purchased" (ordered) a new TM on April 24 and were told to expect delivery by May 24 (came and went) ... then told probably by end of May (came and went)... then it was expected by the end of first week of June (sigh...came and went). Called dealer Saturday and was told he will call the factory monday and get back to us.

Following up on our initial post we finally got ahold of the dealer again (he did not call us as promised >:( on the day he said he would) . Good news is that the unit is fabricated and supposedly on its way to California... currently in Colorado ... but says it will be ready to pick up on the 26th of this month. We are hoping this is not just another unfulfilled promise.
Its funny, but even with all the time and effort put into planning (and we've had a LOT of time), as the day gets closer to pick up the TM we feel so unprepared and apprehensive.... yet filled with childlike excitement!!