PDA

View Full Version : Do you sleep with your head on the door side?

B_and_D
05-24-2004, 09:49 PM
When we got our TM, it just seemed natural that we would sleep with our heads on the door side (with the window) and we've always slept that way (in the rear bed).

My daughter has alternated between door side and bathroom side in the front bed, and now chooses the door side.

Son has always slept in the dinette bed with his head at the door side.

Some posts here have made me think that others sleep in the other direction and it surprised me to think that others would sleep that way.

kdrickard
05-24-2004, 10:08 PM
Some posts here have made me think that others sleep in the other direction and it surprised me to think that others would sleep that way.

My wife and I sleep in the front bed with heads towards the bathroom side. The kids are in the back queen with their heads towards the front of the TM (hitch end) perpendicular with us. Maybe we are just rebels? ??? 8) ;)

doug and antonea
05-24-2004, 11:22 PM
We've slept with our heads toward the bathroom side. On this last trip we used the toilet in the TM full time. On the second night my lovely wife had us sleeping with our heads toward the door at the other end of the TM. I found out that I should have been using 8 instead of 4 ounces of the thetford chemical. Amazing what can be learned by reading the directions on the side of the package. Maybe next trip we will be back in the big bed.

B_and_D
05-25-2004, 07:29 PM
I guess whatever works is best for you!

Our TM bathroom wall has kind of a gap in the corner by the rear bed, so it seemed like whoever was in the bathroom would get more privacy if we had our feet at that end.

Our kids are too big now to sleep perpendicular in the beds (or together), but they didn't used to be!

kempert
05-25-2004, 08:10 PM
I sleep in the rear of my TM. Since I like to read for a few minutes before I go to sleep, I sleep this way because there is a light on the door side only.

azroadrunner
05-26-2004, 10:25 PM
Neither. We sleep with our heads to the rear of the TM in our 3124KS. That way no one has to crawl over the other to get out of bed.

jniles
05-27-2004, 02:46 PM
Neither. We sleep with our heads to the rear of the TM in our 3124KS. That way no one has to crawl over the other to get out of bed.

We do too.

k_and_p_camping
05-27-2004, 03:46 PM
The deciding factor in getting a 3124 instead of a smaller version was so we didn't have to crawl over each other getting out of bed. Our very first pop-up in 1985 had that problem, and when we upgraded to another one in 89 I made sure I'd never have to do that again!

Pam

Larry_Loo
05-27-2004, 04:45 PM
My wife and I sleep in the king size bed located in the rear of our 3124KS. The access to this bed is via the narrow entranceway between bathroom on one side and clothes cabinet on the other. We sleep with our heads to the rear of the TM. That way in case one of us wants to get out of bed at night, it will mean crawling over the others feet, not head. Also, we feel that it's better for us to sleep with our noses away from our bathroom (although the Thetford Blue does a fine job of supressing the smell) :) :)

rotor_wash
05-31-2004, 09:12 PM
'Nuther vote for rear for the 3124KS for the above reasons.
Greg

B_and_D
06-01-2004, 05:29 PM
Not having a KS ourselves, I would never have suspected that you could sleep with your head towards the rear wall. I can't change the poll to include another response but thanks for voting so we know that this is a possibility. Apparently that KS bed is 78 x 78? I wish ours was that big, but we opted for a 2720 because it was the smallest TM (in overall length) with a queen size bed. It would be nice to not have to climb over the other person to get in and out!

bell
06-02-2004, 12:37 PM
TV shelf goes in the bath corner.

B_and_D
06-02-2004, 02:43 PM
Ours too!

dlajoie
06-23-2006, 06:10 PM
Door Side because that's where the reading light is.

MidwestDave
06-23-2006, 07:54 PM
I prefer to sleep with my head street side since the optional tv shelf is mounted there. I use the shelf for my Cpap machine and it works out great!

Midwest Dave:cool:
John Deere Country:D

Senorsedona
06-23-2006, 09:34 PM
We also sleep fore & aft.

Freedom
06-23-2006, 11:37 PM
Good way to get the answer you want, only put one option! When I voted above there was only one button and it registered my vote as "Is your head on the door side or bathroom side when you sleep?" I'm sorry, it can't be both! LOL. I would vote for door side, but I guess I voted for both!

2blueranger
06-24-2006, 04:42 AM
Another vote for heads toward back of TM3124ks, so when wife gets up, I never know it. For some reason I sleep longer and better in the TM than anywhere else.

Airwick
06-27-2006, 08:41 AM
I prefer to sleep with my head street side since the optional tv shelf is mounted there. I use the shelf for my Cpap machine and it works out great!

For our first (and so far only) trip, my wife and I slept with our heads on the curb side, feet towards the bathroom.

I also have a CPAP machine ... we don't have the TV shelf ... so I figured out if I place the CPAP on the counter next to the wardrobe cabinet, it could easily plug into that outlet. The 6' foot tube is then long enough that it will snake behind the wardrobe cabinet, ending up in the perfect position for me on the outside side of the bed. While this would mean that my wife would have to crawl over me, it is rare that she gets up in the middle of the night.

-Eric
1990 M23 (aka 2720)

B_and_D
06-27-2006, 10:27 AM
Something happened to the other options in the poll.....it may not have survived the board conversion.