PDA

View Full Version : TrailManor WISH LIST

Carol
05-22-2004, 08:01 PM
After returning from a trip almost 3 weeks long a few days ago and an almost 6 week trip last fall, we have a few items on our WISH LIST for TrailManor to provide on future models. This is so when we are ready for our next, new TM some years down the road, these features will be available either as a standard feature or as an option:

1. King Size Bed in a garageable model (perhaps a 2821KS, or even better a 2720KS, although the new fold-away hitch will help). We don't need the extra cabinets that are in the 3124KS. We just would like to sleep the other way so we aren't disturbing one another to get up in the middle of the night.

2. Thermopane windows to reduce condensation when cold and to reduce heat gain when hot out.

3. An improvement in the toilet design to truly seal the "goodies" in the toilet area. Even a porta-potti does that!

4. Some type of "permanent" overhead shower solution. Many people have gotten very creative on this solution and we have made Hal's version.

Forgot these earlier:

5. Better insulated bed seals (maybe velcroed insulated flaps would work over the existing seals).

6. Insulated wheel wells. Ours are just sheet metal.

7. An additional circuit for cold weather use. Currently, all AC outlets are on one circuit breaker. There is lots more power available wth the 30 amps, but most is reserved for the air conditioner. A separate set of outlets could be clearly marked with covers (maybe) to use only when the air conditioner was not being used. This would allow for a second heater when doing cold weather camping without stringing a cord from the campground post and threading it under the velcro flaps.

These are our main wish items. Please add yours to this thread to give TM designers some food for thought. We currently have a 2001 2720SL and like the front sofa design.

P.S. If these things have been already been incorporated in the newer models, never mind!

Carol & Stan

camperboy
05-22-2004, 09:02 PM
This one is a tough on from the perspective of engineering it into the TM, but I'd love to have ducted heat. A vent in the front and mid area of the big open space, and one in the bath and then duct heat through the folding bath wall to warm the back bed area. Imagine a evenly heated TM!

I second the vote of a better terlit. Yes, even the old port-a-pottie sealed it's waste tank off and used fresh water to flush. Seems like it had similar capacity to what the terlit in our TM does too.

Utility lights on the street side for setting up/breaking down in the dark. Also, one up front for hitching operations. Switches right on the fixture would be fine. Need to work with the TM closed.

Now, I'll presume that most of us know how the sink cabinet in a Coleman pop-up works. Well, I'd love to see a similar system in the TM to make for a higher kitchen sink. My back would thank TM every time I do dishes! It could drop to the floor for travel so that the faucet wouldn't be crushed by the roof. Anyone else like this line of thinking?

More weight capacity, maybe double axle on 3023 and larger. Would make for a nicer situation in the event of a flat.

Ability to fill a larger, underfloor fresh water tank with the TM closed. Such was arriving at a dry campground and filling the tank. Easier to tow with an empty tank. Even some of the pop-ups are coming with underfloor fresh water now.

Maybe I'll think of more, maybe not.
Camperboy

Windbreaker
05-22-2004, 09:18 PM
My two biggies are:
1. Larger holding tanks
2. Increased weight limits.

There is one more thing I wish they would consider. This is a very good design for on the road travel. by beefing it up a little (yes I know more weight) it could also be a very good off road design. Narrow it a bit, lift it a bit add a few stronger supports in needed places and you would have a great off roader.

hal
05-22-2004, 09:31 PM
I am please to report that the 2' lift and the street side lights are standard on Tms sold by the Car Show in Colorado Springs. Also, some power tongue lifts have a maintenance light as a part of their system. Also, it would be rather easy to install a outside light on the front of the TM.

Hal

live2shopnc
05-23-2004, 05:05 AM
Either a better bed or more room so it would close with bedding on it,maybe even a north-south one so you dont have to crawl over the other person, extra shelves in bathroom,(I am going to get the hanging wall brackets and try and make some) a faucet in the bathroom sink that sticks out further into the sink along with the above mentioned canges.

B_and_D
05-24-2004, 07:20 PM
I agree with the north-south sleeping arrangement, every time one of us gets in or out of bed it wakes the other up.