PDA

View Full Version : Taking our maiden voyage

salpat
05-21-2004, 05:28 AM
Well, we finally have gotten to a point where we can finally take our first trip out in our trailmanor 3326. We are so excited. Going to take a short trip this weekend to Illinois Beach State Park.

Any last words of wisdom to make this trip as wonderful as we expect???

Sally & Pat
(and our 2 greyhounds)

Chris_Bauer
05-21-2004, 05:33 AM
Words of wisdom to remember as you are tooling down the road and receiving stares from people are, "It really is the greatest thing on wheels".

Take a pic of your campsite and post it here for us to see.

B_and_D
05-21-2004, 10:57 AM
Take your time and don't rush.

Bring your setup and fold-down instructions (keep them in your TV).

Start up your frig a day or two before you leave (on propane or 110), that way it will stay colder.

If you're going to dump the terlit when you leave, pull the handle out at the bottom of the terlit before you close down.

We think it's best to use a hose to rinse once more, so we usually leave the unit open, and we always stick the hose used to rinse inside by the kitchen sink between the top and bottom halves (after we've raised the flaps). It's usually long enough to reach the terlit.

Whatever happens, keep your sense of humor about you!

For everything else, there's MasterCard.

Have a great trip and let us know how it went!

DON'T FORGET THE CAMERA!!

salpat
05-27-2004, 08:48 AM
Well, I'm finally getting around to telling everyone how our maiden voyage went. Thanks for all the good advice that was posted.

We got to Illinois Beach State Park Friday afternoon and got everything set up with no problems. There is no water hookup there, so we didn't use any of the water system.....just electric. There weren't many people camping that weekend, so we didn't have any audience while we set up. Right as I was setting some things up outside, the thunder started, so I put all the outside stuff away. And then the monsoons hit! Thankfully, it would let up enough to take the dogs out. But it poured and poured all night long. We both remarked at how wonderful it was to be nice and dry and not have to worry about a tent leaking. And my goodness, that roof sure is LOUD, isn't it? Kinda becomes a lullaby after a while, tho.

Saturday was cloudy and cool all day. We did go for a walk with the dogs, but most of the time was spent inside the trailer. And then we had more monsoons Saturday night. We were in the area of Illinois that has been flooding all week, so you know we got a lot of rain in those two nights. But we were all snug and dry.

Take-down Sunday went just fine.

So we had a good time in spite of the rain. I remembered to take a camera ;D, but forgot to take any pictures. :( Next time I'll make sure I take pix.

That's about all for now. We hope to go again the weekend of June 5th.

Sally and Pat
(and Galahad and Dominator)

B_and_D
05-27-2004, 08:39 PM
Sounds like the TM kept you warm and dry, even tho it was kind of wacky weather outside. I love sitting in ours when it's raining outside!

We also brought the camera the first time, but forgot to take pictures of our TM on it's first night out with us..too busy checking everything out!

Thanks for letting us know how it went!

Northwoods
05-28-2004, 12:01 AM
Hi, Just back from trip to Denton and Austin, TX. Camped at McKinney Falls SP 7 mi. south of Austin and at COE Arcaidia Lake, at Edmond, OK on the way home. Both were satisfactory for our travel purposes. Have question on using the blue totes for gray water. Will be going to our beloved Pulltite Campground on the Current River in the MO Ozarks in just a couple of weeks. What size & how to store? Thanks. Northwoods

jniles
05-29-2004, 11:46 AM
Hi, Just back from trip to Denton and Austin, TX. Camped at McKinney Falls SP 7 mi. south of Austin and at COE Arcaidia Lake, at Edmond, OK on the way home. Northwoods

Didn't you think Arcadia Lake was the ugliest lake you ever saw? It is convienent to the interstate but it's a good thing you only stayed overnight. Hope it was dark.

Northwoods
05-29-2004, 05:28 PM
We've never camped by a lake before and our experience was lovely. Sun was setting, a campfire was already started. The showers leave much to be desired, used the TM. It certainly was convenient. Northwoods.

EPICSDUDE
05-29-2004, 07:48 PM
I'm not sure what it is like camping in the TM when it is not raining! I can't remember a time we went camping it did not rain at least once! I think I may talk to some local farmers in my area and get them to fund my next camping trip when we have a dry spell!!!!!! :D

The sound of rain on the roof is soothing during a light shower, but downright annoying in a hard downpour.

Rocky

MawCraig
05-30-2004, 07:00 AM
I'm glad to hear that we're not the only campers that bring an end to the drought!! But the rain the night before we are to leave isn't a problem like it was when we were tent or pop-up camping!

And every time I read a posting by someone who has just taken their "maiden voyage" with their TM, I realize that we still get just as excited about a camping trip. This coming weekend will be trip #61 with our TM.