PDA

View Full Version : Viewing sent PM

Larryjb
10-15-2017, 05:04 PM
For some reason, when I am viewing messages and click the drop down box to view the sent messages, I see "0 messages", even though I know I have sent several messages. Am I doing something wrong?

tentcamper
10-15-2017, 05:12 PM
The applications does not save sent PM's unless you select advance options and click to save a copy. I had the same issue when I first started using this form.

Below where you type your message is the selection.

Larryjb
10-15-2017, 06:02 PM
Thanks Art,

And for any newbies like me, that "save a copy" option is in the "Advanced" reply mode.

Bill
10-15-2017, 06:39 PM
Thanks Art,

And for any newbies like me, that "save a copy" option is in the "Advanced" reply mode.

I think it is easier than that. At the top left of most pages, there is a clickable entry for "User CP" (User Command Post). Click it, then scroll down to "Private Messages", and click on "Send New Messages". At the bottom of the composition window, there is a section called "Additional Options". In that window is a check box for "Save a Copy to my Sent Items folder". If you check that box, it will stay checked, and every outgoing PM from then on will be automatically saved.

You should get familiar with User Command Post. There is lots of useful info in there.

Bill

Bill
10-24-2017, 12:07 PM
Another way, again provided in the User Command Post

UserCP > Settings and Options > Edit Options > PrivateMessaging > SaveACopy

Bill