PDA

View Full Version : Kettle Moraine State Forest (WI) - South Unit

jbeletti
05-01-2004, 04:10 PM
Friday's post (posted Saturday)

Hi all,

Nancy and I and my son Tony are camping at Kettle Moraine State Forest - South Unit, near Eagle, Wisconsin this weekend. And it's raining!

Guess that's what we get for early spring camping in the midwest. It's funny - 2 weeks ago we were camping in near Kalamazoo, Michigan and it was sunny and in the 70s/80s.

We'll make the most of our trip here anyway. Brought games, music, movies and such. Actually, before the rain began tonight, Tony and I got a 4 mile bike ride in on the Emma Carlin trails. We took the outer, green loop. Killer on the quads! Thought I was gonna have a grabber a few times - I am so out of shape. Anyway, the biking and hiking trails in the southern unit of Kettle Moraine are very nice and very scenic. We hope to get out and hike tomorrow and if weather allows, Tony and I will bike the 8 mile connector trail from Emma Carlin to the John Muir trails.

If the attachment worked, you'll see the first picture my laptop camera grabbed and uploaded to my website - me eating ice cream here in the TM.

If anyone else camps with their Mac laptop and needs to know how to get online when needed or wanted, message me and I'll tell you how I am doing it.

Jim

B_and_D
05-02-2004, 10:27 PM
You sure seem to be enjoying your TM! Good for you!

It seems like so many people buy TT's and don't use them, and that's sad. I don't think that the original owners of ours got to use theirs (ours) very much, given the shape it was in for being 6 years old when we bought it.

We camped at Big Sur on Friday night, but had to come back yesterday. It was so beautiful down there....stayed at the Big Sur Campground & Cabins, had the site right next to the bridge and swimming hole. We hiked out to Molera State Beach for a couple of hours or so before we had to head on home. If you ever go to Big Sur, and you're able, take that hike out to the ocean. It is so pristine and unspoiled.

Can't wait to go back!!

We're really looking forward to all our summer camping trips now. We have only been able to use the TM for winter trips before this, and now that there are longer days and it's warmer and I don't have to work so much, it's going to be wonderful!

:D :) ;) ;D

jbeletti
05-03-2004, 06:54 AM
Thanks B_and_D.

Sounds like you had a lovely, albeit too short visit to the Big Sur area. Not sure we'll ever make it that far with our TM as it's a long haul to California from Chicago and I'd never be able to tow my 3023 through the Rockies with my Jeep Liberty. In a few years, we'll either upgrade the tow vehicle and/or the trailer. And then we'll make sure we can haul anything, anywhere.

Full review of the camgrounds coming to this forum later today!.

Jim