PDA

View Full Version : Thanks

Logman
04-20-2017, 07:35 PM
I want to say a sincere Thank You to everyone who contributed their Solar Power install stories. I just installed 2 -100 watt panels following the info gathered here and the install was flawless and successful. I cannot really contribute any "new " information or recommendations since it was so well documented here. Thanks !

rmcconnell44
04-27-2017, 06:42 AM
The information in the Solar Power threads was invaluable in my decision to take the leap and install a 100 W panel kit from Windy Nation. Total cost including the controller was $182. The install went flawlessly because of the great info here and I observed an immediate recharge of the batteries even in late afternoon sun.
We have been able to dry camp for 6 days without recharging before the install so anticipate no issues with extended dry camping with the solar panel providing recharging even in less than ideal conditions. We will test this out this summer as we are going to Alaska and will have several periods of dry camping as long as 12 days. With the solar power in place, we won't feel compelled to choose higher priced RV parks over the state or federal run campgrounds, which are more to our liking. Shouldn't take long to recover the price of the kit. I will post here in Oct. after we get back and let you know if my assumptions are valid.