PDA

View Full Version : Improvements in recent models?

Factor
04-20-2004, 07:26 AM
We are looking at a 2001, 3023 and wondering what improvements have been made to the 2004's since then.
Also, why does the 3023 have more load capacity than the rest? Finally, do you feel cramped in the unit with the
living space?
Thanks - John

RockyMtnRay
04-20-2004, 08:03 AM
We are looking at a 2001, 3023 and wondering what improvements have been made to the 2004's since then.

One of the big improvements that was done starting in 2002 was use of rounded wheel wells. In the '01s and earlier with square wheel wells, if you have tread separation on your tire, a fair amount of damage to the wheel well and internal cabinetry (and plumbing) is just about guaranteed. Do a search on member retrofits of wheel well liners to create a rounded wheel wells.

Also, why does the 3023 have more load capacity than the rest?

Basically it's because the 3023 is the smallest, lightest TM model that gets standardly equipped with the heavy duty axle (roughly 5000 lb rating) and higher weight capacity 15 inch wheels. The smaller models come with 14 inch wheels and a 3700 lb axle; the larger single axle 3124 models weigh quite a bit more (and have additional frame strength considerations). The 3023 is at the "sweet spot" of dry weight vs weight carrying components.

BOB_STRONG
04-21-2004, 06:26 PM
John,

They have made several changes to the TrailManors since 2001.

1. Rounded wheel wells.

2. A/C is in the center of the trailer, and not on the rear.

3. Outside phone & tv hookup.

4. New styled molding around the top & edges.

5. New sytle bumper.

6. Spare tire is now under the trailer in the front section.

7. Shore electric hookup even when the unit is closed.

8. New improved Berber carpets.

9. New style linoleum

10. An extra door in place of the clock on the front storage cabinets.

11. New & improved lights under the front cabinets.

12. TV stand mounted on the wall in the back bedroom area with a TV hookup.

13. New improved microwave that also browns.

14. New style marble countertops.

15. Dead bolt lock on the outside door.

16. New style antena for the radio.

17. New design boarder in the kitchen & living room area.

18. 20,000 BTU furnace available.

19. Heat strip available for A/C unit.

20. Extra rub strips added to the roof where the 2 sections overlap.

21. All units have a double step now.

22. Using only Goodyear Marathon tires.

23. More attractive interior colors for rugs, curtains & upholstery.

24. The use of a better electric converter unit for the trailer.

25. I am not sure if they had the propane gas detector & smoke alarms back in 2001. They did for sure in 2002 though.

As you can see, TrailManor has made several changes to the units just since 2001. I am sure that I have forgotten some other changes.

Hope this helps out.

Bob Strong

Factor
04-22-2004, 09:02 PM
Thanks for taking the time to list these, it's appreciated. Exactly what I was looking for.
John

jniles
04-23-2004, 01:31 PM
John, #13 on Bob's list has the capability of toasting, baking, and broiling in addition to the microwave. We are quite happy with ours.

steinbierz
05-09-2004, 09:38 AM
Hi, I am new to this forum, new again I should say. I followed this forum pretty closely when we purchased our 2000 3023 back in May 2000. Are any of the above upgrades worth performing on my 2000 and how about parts/supplies/etc. I would be interested to hear from people that might have made some of the upgrades to their older rigs; especially items like "extra rub strips added to the roof where the 2 sections overlap" as mentioned above.

Thanks,