PDA

View Full Version : First Landing State Park, Va. Beach, Virginia

ccc6588
04-12-2004, 05:16 PM
This is a huge Oceanfront State Park right in the middle of a resort city. They also have miles and miles of trails some with water view (saltwater creeks and inlets). The trails are very diverse. This is Virginia's most popular state park and having visited for the first time, I could see why. There are plenty of things to do. The great thing is you could choose the peace and tranquility of a state park (very well equipped) or go for the fast stuff on the resort.

This park does not have hook ups for water and electricity. The reservation folks told me hook ups for water and electricity will be completed next year. The park girl told me it will be completed by Memorial Day. Make sure you make reservations early when hook ups are completed. It should be one of the best bargains in the mid Atlantic during the summer vacation months.

kempert
04-17-2004, 07:17 AM
In the late '70s, I took a group of high schoolers there on a Saturday. It was called Seashore State Park back then. We hiked for several miles through a variety of vegatation. Many of them saw their first Bald Eagle in the wild. It was perched on a piling on the edge of the Bay and most didn't believe it was a Bald Eagle until they took one look through the only pair of binoculars that we had. Then, they got really excited.

G-V_Driver
04-17-2004, 01:44 PM
I've always wondered if those parks and recreation areas don't have a battery-powered bald eagle perched on a limb or some other prominent place. Battery drives a small electric motor that makes the head turn. It seems like there's always an eagle on the same limb on one of the guided river rides in Montana.

jniles
04-17-2004, 02:11 PM
When I got to battery-powered bald eagle I knew it was you before I looked at who it was from.

G-V_Driver
04-17-2004, 07:18 PM
You've been to that same park, haven't you?

jniles
04-17-2004, 09:37 PM
I used to stay in a tree there.

RockyMtnRay
04-18-2004, 08:30 AM
I used to stay in a tree there.

You're a battery-powered bald eagle ? ;D

G-V_Driver
04-18-2004, 01:07 PM
A hot-air powered bald Okie is probably closer to the truth. ;)

kempert
04-18-2004, 02:05 PM
Some of you guys have evidently spent way too much time in theme parks or you've become very jaded.