PDA

View Full Version : 1st local trip of 2003

03-31-2003, 11:18 AM
we took our TT to local beach first time (Huntington Beach,CA) last weekend. It was a wonderful trip. also, a "test" trip before we'll go to Yosemite this April (Spring break) for a week. It seem verything were working fine. we have EU2000i Honda generator(we love this toy) it was a champ!!! it runs our 5000 btu side a/c, laptop,  ac/dc 9" tv/dvd, and microwave. also, with our cell phone and special cable(Radio sack) we can connect to internet w/o phone line. only thing we don't have up to this time is roof antenna. our question are:
1- can we use indoor antenna at camp site, like yosemite?
2-is tah easy to install roof antenna by ourself?
3-and which one are you guys recommend?

03-31-2003, 11:25 AM
2619er! It sounds so fun, I can't wait to get out on mine but it I still have to wait a week to pick it up... I am intrested in this "cable" you talk about that allows you to surf the internet without a phone line. Is it something you hook to your cell phone? How does it work? is it expensive? Any info will be greatly apreciated.

03-31-2003, 11:42 AM
Hi Sunshine,
if you have a cell with Nation wide unlimited minutes contract(like our) you can get a special cable for cell phone brand name at you local Radio Sack store, it call Mobil phone data cable makes by FutureDial.com....the connection around 9kb/sec not to bad for checking e-mail just dial to your local ISP . check their web site for more infos. good luck (cable+cd= $30).