PDA

View Full Version : Wiremold Cordmate III

BrucePerens
07-25-2016, 08:32 PM
I got some white Legrand Wiremold Corrdmate III adhesive wire conduit at the Home Depot today. It's larger than other styles, and will hold all of the wires I plan, which includes runs for several lights and a camera as well as the solar panels. It comes with outside corners, which you need to run around the corner from the roof to the wall.

ThePair
07-26-2016, 01:59 PM
I got some white Legrand Wiremold Corrdmate III adhesive wire conduit at the Home Depot today. It's larger than other styles, and will hold all of the wires I plan, which includes runs for several lights and a camera as well as the solar panels. It comes with outside corners, which you need to run around the corner from the roof to the wall.

How big are the outside corners? I used Cordmate II, and the corners weren't nearly the right size or shape for the TM...so I used white electrical tape and a little caulk and called it a day!

BrucePerens
07-27-2016, 08:40 AM
I used Cordmate II, and the corners weren't nearly the right size or shape for the TM

Legrand sells CM61 Cordmate II Flex, which is an accordion tube with ends that mate it to the Cordmate II conduit. I was not terribly impressed by the photo on Amazon, tape might be better. But I like being able to run another wire without re-taping.

The Cordmate III corner is made for a square plasterboard corner in a home or office. It won't conform to the curve of the TM corner, and it's too tight a bend for coaxial cable, and Legrand hasn't made an encore of the Flex part for this size. My camera, fortunately, uses ethernet, and the 4-pair shielded direct-burial Cat-5e (https://www.dxengineering.com/parts/dxe-cw9) cable goes through that indignity. The Cordmate III corner is larger than the Cordmate II one, and probably does span the curve even if it doesn't conform to it. I might use some PVC cement to make sure it stays attached to the straight parts.