PDA

View Full Version : TM 3023 with 405W Solar Panel Array

br2_wdc
08-10-2015, 12:38 PM
Good Afternoon All:
I am new to the forum :new_newbi, and have just started my search for a used 2619, 2720 (standard 2 bed layout) or 3023 (if it has the swing out hitch).

During my search, I came across this solar panel installation for a TM 3023 from a company called Front Range Renewable Energy:

http://frontrangere.com/RV%20Camper%20Solar%20Systems%20Page.htm

I don't know anything about Front Range, but from the pictures and description, it looks like a very professional installation, and I'm wondering about the installation details how it's working from a "real world" perspective.

I'm curious and wanted to find out if anyone here has heard of them, or has done this install? I did a search on Front Range Renewable Energy and nothing came up.

Thanks ....
-- Ben

Padgett
08-10-2015, 08:20 PM
Interesting. Apparently that 3023 has the AC on the rear module over the bed so the three (135W ?) panels are on the front module. They are 59.1in x 26.3in x 1.8in so would be difficult to mount on any other configuration (max I could put on mine would be 3x100W on the rear module. Also he has three 12v batteries: 366AH which is close to the 100W per 100AH guideline I used. These are a lot easier to mount on a model without a slide.

LoveToCamp
08-10-2015, 09:38 PM
They are about 50 miles north of me. From their site, it appears they do installations, not retail of the systems. I got my panels and controller (and all the wires) from windynation.com. About to get another 100w panel, once I make up my mind. More research to do.

It is simple enough to install your own panel. We have a thread that covers the details in this Solar Power area.

br2_wdc
08-10-2015, 10:40 PM
They are about 50 miles north of me. From their site, it appears they do installations, not retail of the systems. I got my panels and controller (and all the wires) from windynation.com. About to get another 100w panel, once I make up my mind. More research to do.

It is simple enough to install your own panel. We have a thread that covers the details in this Solar Power area.

I have been working my way through each technical section, and the solar mods look to be some of the more complex with many different options and configurations.

I'll take a look at the thread you mentioned, but I should probably get the trailer first before I go into too deep of a dive on solar ...:new_Eyecr