PDA

View Full Version : MSview from Morningstar controllers

scrubjaysnest
05-12-2015, 09:38 AM
Gave the DB9 connector an attitude adjustment with my Dremel tool and it now fits. Got MSview to talk to the TS-45 and converted the log file to CSV. Good thing as MSview says it saves the log as a *.xml file but I sure can't find it.
Took a look at the data in the csv file; just feb to date. Appears Dec 2014 and Jan 2015 went into the bit bucket. So much for saving 200 days worth. Looks closer to 100 days. Looks like a big learning curve of MSview unless I can find a MSview for dummies some where. When I looked at the data in Excel the Vb max and min columns were reversed. Fixed that; some of the column headers haven't figured out yet and data needs to be more often then once a day. But what I have is a start.
Looks like MSview will be use full in the long run once I get over the learning curve.
Things like total AH's into the battery, voltage of the battery min and max.
CC input voltage will be nice if I can figure out how to add it and batt temp once I add the remote temp sensor. Looking at the dates I can go back and add if it was a CG move or the few times I use the portable smart charger.

The quick look I saw tells me default absorb time is to long, but I won't make any changes to the defaults at present.

Padgett
05-12-2015, 10:26 AM
Sounds like a nice unit. BTW the later versions of Internet Explorer can read XML files but is a lot easier to manipulate as a spreadsheet (.csv). Open Office from Oracle is free and has a good one.

scrubjaysnest
05-14-2015, 09:14 AM
Well this project may be on the back burner; Microsoft just did 25 updates to our Win 7 machine without our ok. Got it set to ask for approval before install but this 25 update thing got through some how:mad:. Now I have one of those unkown error msgs that windows likes to generate. Doesn't like one of our USB drivers:confused:
Will check out when I get a chance to see if the usb to serial is still working.