PDA

View Full Version : What's a good price?

KatesRiver
04-16-2015, 03:31 PM
Hi all. I've been lurking around these pages for some time, but am now seriously considering purchasing a new TM here on the West Coast. In fact, I'm finally making a visit to a dealer tomorrow, having seen their demo's at an rv show.

I would really appreciate hearing from you all what might be considered a "decent deal" on a new 2015 TM, specifically these models:
2417 standard and sport
2720 (leaning toward this one)
2922 (they have this on the lot)

I expect I would get most of the options available. Do I stand a better chance of negotiating for something that's already on the dealer's lot vs ordering exactly what I want? I bought a popup back in the day and basically paid what the dealer asked. Later, I felt I should have tried harder to negotiate but, unlike buying a car, it felt like a done deal to me. I'd like to come away from this experience feeling like a didn't overpay.

Any and all help/information along these lines is welcome!

KatesRiver
04-16-2015, 03:51 PM
Hello folks! I just posted a thread down below under the "Dealers and Deals Made" section. I'm hoping to hear from folks who can help me figure out what a decent price will be for the models I'm looking at. I'm posting in this section to get a wider audience but hope you'll answer in my original Deals post so I don't clutter up the board.

Would you help me out and check out my post? I'm going to the dealer tomorrow and really would appreciate your help on this.

Thanks for any and all input you can offer!

Laura FM
04-16-2015, 06:06 PM
Are you going to Custom RV?

Not sure of any numbers - but they are a quality operation, and will give you a fair deal. They are also great for maintenance. Part of the reason we bought our unit (2013 2417 sport), is because we had a great feeling about them. No so much with the more traditional popup dealers in the LA area.

LoveToCamp
04-16-2015, 08:35 PM
Kate, TrailManors don't have near the markup as other trailers, so don't expect to get 30 - 35% off of list price.

Here in Colorado, The Car Show, Inc, the regional dealer, is advertising $5,000 off of most in-stock units. That is the most discount I have seen. I have purchased two units from them in the last 4 years (went with a different model for the second unit), and feel that is a fair discount.

Remember, don't try to beat a dealer up too badly, as there are few dealers that can competently service your unit, once purchased. Don't want them to have a bad taste in their mouth after the sale. Granted, they won't make a deal they can't live with, but you also don't want to be unreasonable in expectations.

Good luck!

KatesRiver
04-16-2015, 10:44 PM
Laura, thanks for replying. No, not going to Custom RV. I'm in Oregon. I'm mostly looking for info for how much lower than MSRP are people paying? Hard to know what the real prices are.

KatesRiver
04-16-2015, 10:54 PM
Kate, TrailManors don't have near the markup as other trailers, so don't expect to get 30 - 35% off of list price.

Here in Colorado, The Car Show, Inc, the regional dealer, is advertising $5,000 off of most in-stock units. That is the most discount I have seen!

Thanks, LoveToCamp. That's good to know. A book I read about buying RVs advised going off the dealer invoice cost. But the dealer here is offering xK discounts off the MSRP. Seems to be averaging about 5K. It makes sense that the invoiced cost to the dealer is some kind of real number, while the MSRP is just that, a suggested retail price.

It's easier to just go with the flow, but I did feel a bit "taken" during the last go-round. Guess we'll see how it goes!

scrubjaysnest
04-17-2015, 05:54 AM
We have noticed prices to be closer to MSRP on the East and West coasts. Prices in the center of the country seem to be lower but that may change with the factory move.

ArkyDoodle
04-17-2015, 07:25 AM
Have you looked at the Camper Outlet webpage? They have a "build your own" page that'll let you choose the model you're interested in, add your choice of options and they'll email you a quote. It's still probably a somewhat negotiable number but it'll give you a starting point

http://www.camperoutlet.com/TrailManor/tabid/27478/Default.aspx

ArkyDoodle
04-17-2015, 07:29 AM
Here's the starting page for the "build your own Trailmanor":

http://camperoutlet.net/brands.cfm?mfgid=21

YNPKing
04-17-2015, 08:31 AM
Here's another price sheet without dealer involvement.

http://www.prosserrv.com/click-here-to-customize-your-rv-trailer--2015-TrailManor

Skyjim73
04-17-2015, 11:11 AM
FYI, I ran through the link in the previous post and Custom RV beat the above work sheet sales price by about 1200 bucks when we ordered ours at the RV show last October, and I'm not the world's toughest negotiator. So it looks like Prosser is giving themselves a little dealing room.

Padgett
04-17-2015, 12:59 PM
Main difference is that the 2720's have a queen bed in the back and people sleep sideways. 2922 has a king bed and no-one has to climb over.

KatesRiver
04-17-2015, 07:56 PM
Thanks for all the good info, everyone. The dealer visit went well today, though I didn't put any money down. Still need to think a few things over.