PDA

View Full Version : Trailmanor Factory

Hiram123
03-05-2015, 10:26 AM
I found a new 2014 2720QB in a neighboring state 4 hrs away at a good price but the wife wants to look at a 2720 before we go any further. I am only an hour from the Tenn. factory, do they have models on display at the factory or is it a build only facility?

After much research I'm sold so now she needs to be sure it meets her approval which I can understand. I chose the 2720 because it sleeps 6 and will be adequate for the two of us and 2 dogs, any help would be appreciated.

TrailManorMan
03-05-2015, 11:10 AM
Not sure of inventory, plant moved last month to new location, new state, check their website for current contact info

funpilot
03-05-2015, 11:23 AM
Is this the one you want to go see?

http://snydersrvsalem.com/2014-trailmanor-2720qb-2/

Will the factory rebate apply here?

Bill
03-05-2015, 12:50 PM
I believe that the factory rebate applied only to units that are/were in current stock at the Tennessee factory. In other words, they didn't want to move them to Nebraska. I think you'll find a bit more info at

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16009

Bill

Hiram123
03-05-2015, 01:44 PM
Yep, that's the the one, a long drive for a the wife to have a look at it. Finding any nearer is next to impossible as we all know. That's their price, no rebate was mentioned, I think it's quite a bit off the msrp.

hillbillyhotel
03-05-2015, 02:12 PM
I do not know if it will help, I am just on the other side of mountain from Ashville , in tri-cites tn. not a new one. but is set up in driveway from where we just got back from a trip.
I do think there is also a dealer in Knoxville tn. also. hope this helps.

hillbillyhotel
03-05-2015, 02:17 PM
here is the knox dealer
http://www.buddygregg.com/

Bill
03-05-2015, 04:15 PM
Hiram -

Actually, $23K sounds like a pretty reasonable price, especially if you can negotiate it down a bit. On this board, we tend to poo-poo the values posted on NADAguides.com, but other than looking through a bunch of SOLD listings on RVTrader, it is just about all there is. And when I plug a Maine zip code into NADAguides, and equip the TM with an air conditioner and awning (the only expensive options), it puts the value range at $22K (low retail) to $26.5 (average retail) for this model.

You need to check for anything really wrong, but on a recent model, I think you are unlikely to find any major issues if it has not been in an accident. Make sure all the appliances work, and that there is no sheet metal damage outside, or water stains inside.

The dealer may want to move it NOW, while there is snow on the ground. If you wait until the snow melts, he may harden up his position.

One good negotiating ploy, if you have the temperament for it, is to show up with a tow vehicle that can handle it, and some significant amount of cash in hand. Maybe $5K? It also helps if you have a loan approval letter from your bank, credit union, etc. Show those to the dealer, then offer him something low - maybe $19K - and let him work you up a bit. But not too far. The dealer will see an immediate transaction for all that lovely cash, vs. a TM that is snowbound on his lot for two more months. He may decide to settle for the sure thing.

Just my thoughts.

Bill

oldstick
03-05-2015, 04:56 PM
Brand new and never used? That sounds like a good price to me, especially if you can get it lower that 23K (which might be possible right now with all that snow).

moaboy
03-05-2015, 05:48 PM
That already is significantly below msrp, I'd be surprised if they are willing to go much lower. Point is, even if they don't, that is a great price for a new TM with all of the options it has.
I think the 2720 is an excellent size, although the 29 series with the king bed would be great too if it would fit in one's garage.
Good luck.

stormpeakco
03-05-2015, 06:43 PM
I believe that the factory rebate applied only to units that are/were in current stock at the Tennessee factory. In other words, they didn't want to move them to Nebraska. I think you'll find a bit more info at

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16009

Bill

Actually (though we haven't actually received the rebate check but have submitted the paper work), the rebate offering (according to our dealer and after speaking with the manufacturer) includes existing new inventory at dealer locations as well. Dave

TrailManorMan
03-05-2015, 07:05 PM
2015 models, ends Feb.28, doubt it applies.

hillbillyhotel
03-10-2015, 05:55 AM
well harim123
it was nice to meet you and you dear wife, please let us know if you go get that tm , be nice to have another owner , kinda close

Hiram123
03-12-2015, 05:54 AM
I want to Thank Randy for showing us his trailmanor interior on Sun., it was very gracious of him to do that. I went to VA. on Wed. looked over the 2720QB at Snyders and was impressed with all the options it had including the factory solar panel and extra cabinets. I t turns out it is a 2014 1/2 whatever that means, they sent a copy of the original invoice to my bank which listed the MSRP at 31 with all the options.

The only fly in the ointment was the crank handle for the awning was missing they promised to have the factory drop ship me one but with the moving they are doing no telling when and if they do. Anybody know where I can order one (don't know the part number of the awning yet).

I brought it home yesterday and was amazed at how good it tows, doesn't matter if it's at 55 or 75 it sits there like a rock. I normally get about 19 mpg on that stretch of road from Johnson City up to I-77, on the way home I pushed it pretty good 70-75 I was tired and wanted to get home. It averaged 14mpg but I'm sure it would have been 17 if i had stayed around 60.

Anyway we are new owners, hope to have the time to set it up today, a couple of questions where do I put my sewer hose when I get one (have a cassette in our Rockwood popup) and is there a thread on changing over to 2 golf cart batteries. Thanks again Randy I appreciate it.

TrailManorMan
03-12-2015, 06:47 AM
Did you look under the mattress for the awning handle? Sometimes it is stored there for safe keeping by dealers.

Hope you enjoy your new TM:)

davlin
03-12-2015, 06:49 AM
Hiram,

Congratulations on your new TM! Here's to many wonderful experiences. Take care on how fast you travel on your "ST" trailer tires though. There are many threads in this forum on how "unfun" a tire blow out is on a single axle trailer. You can get information about "ST" tires from a variety of sources; here's what Discount Tires has to say: http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/infoTrailerTireFacts.do

Dave

rvcycleguy
03-12-2015, 09:04 AM
Did you look under the mattress for the awning handle? Sometimes it is stored there for safe keeping by dealers.

Hope you enjoy your new TM:)

Mine was stored under the sofa seat cushion.

Check this site for parts list and accessories.

http://www.gowesty.com/ec_view_category.php?id=277

Frenchy
03-12-2015, 09:50 AM
Are your tires rated for for 75 MPH? Could be a proplem.

tentcamper
03-12-2015, 09:58 AM
Our's was under the mattress. It will look like a straight rod with a hook on the end. But it will fold into a crank.

If you need to order awning parts. I would go to fiamma's web site. http://www.fiammausa.com/

Hiram123
03-12-2015, 11:29 AM
You are absolutely right it was too fast for the tires probably, I'm not in very good shape battling cancer for 1 1/2 years and needed to get home as my endurance is not what it used to be but I'm cancer free now. I tend to push new things to the limit to see what abuse they will take. A trait I picked up in my younger drag racing days. a bad trait I know.

hillbillyhotel
03-12-2015, 04:48 PM
glad it worked out, also was glad to show you around the old girl, if we can help with anything, just ask and we will see what we can do.

moaboy
03-16-2015, 05:34 PM
Ditto mine is usually kept under the mattress. Although nearly anything you can hook and turn (crank) with will work. May be some genetic ones out there. The only thing special abiot the stock one is that it folds.
Most ST tires are rated at a max of 65, but who cares...you made it.
Enjoy!