PDA

View Full Version : Do You Remember?

JTorsrud
01-23-2004, 11:09 AM
Do you remember the movie "The Jerk" with Steve Martin?

Remember when he went jumping around yelling "The New Phone Book is here, the new phone book is here"!

Well, that's me now! Only: "The New TrailManor is Here, the new TrailManor is here"!

For those of you that were following the topic on the adventure begins. Here is the new updated website link with captions for our new TM 3326.

We brought it home yesterday.

There are 4 pages and 45 pictures to look at with captions. Hope everyone enjoys them.

Look forward to your comments.

Enjoy,

Jeff

Here's the link:

http://groups.msn.com/JeffBrendasTrailManorSite/shoebox.msnw

BOB_STRONG
01-23-2004, 07:51 PM
Jeff,

I really enjoyed all of your pictures of your new unit. Owning a 2002 3326 King, I was looking for all of the things that they have changed in just 2 years. This is the list that I have come up with:

1.Outside wider molding which dresses it up.
2. Spare tire underneath.
3. Roadside outside light.
4. New storage bumper.
5. Electric jack availability.
6. Satelite disk in place of antena.
7. Phone & tv cable hookup.
8. Nicer low profile Coleman a/c instead of the Dometic a/c.
9. New recessed lights under front cabinets.
10. New style light over kitchen side dinette table.
11. Fuse box is placed in the rear by the tub. Gives more storage space in kitchen cabinets.
12. New berber rugs & different style vinyl in kitchen.
13. Nicer countertops.
14. Entrance door dead bolt lock.
15. More decorative trim in kitchen area on the wall by the side dinette
16.Ceiling a/c is vented better in the ceiling.
17. TV wall mounted stand.
18. Rear jack for TV hookup by the bathroom wall.

Sure are a lot of changes in just 2 years!!

The trailer sure is impressive. Most TrailManor owners have never seen the inside of a 3326 King since they don't have them at the shows. The closest thing is the 3124 KS. The interior size and layout is sure what sold us way back in 1994 when we purchased our first 3326 King. That's why we opted for another one 8 years later in 2002. Your pictures will allow many people on this site to view the inside & outside of a 3326 King without having to go to an RV show.

I bet you can't wait until Spring!!!!!

Bob Strong

JTorsrud
01-23-2004, 09:57 PM
Hi Bob:

Got your email earlier.

Thanks for all the tips and suggestions!

Yup, Spring can't get here fast enough.

We're gonna try to get her out for a test run, maybe in March if the weather cooperates.

Big Trip in April down south!

We got the Large Hi Lo Cover for the unit. It will fit up to 29ft. So will cover the entire 3326 very easily! Only draw back on this cover is, it's about 5 inches short on the sides, so it doesn't go all the way down. No Big Deal! The majority of the TM is covered.

Now we have to find a Ramp for our children to get up on the back bed!

Anyway, keep in touch.

Talk to you later.

Jeff

G-V_Driver
01-24-2004, 08:59 AM
Jeff,

With all the enthusiasm and energy that you and your family obviously have for the new rig, it seems only fitting that you consider one of the small round trampolines rather than a ramp for the kids. Just set it in the aisle, and "boing" they're in the rack.
;)

mamabear
01-24-2004, 01:13 PM
Jeff,

We were just like you when we brought our TM home. We got to use it 3 times before we had to put it in storage for the winter. We are counting down the days till Spring. Our 5 year old daughter can get up in the back bed by using the stool that came with our TM. But she gets the couch when it comes to bedtime. The TM back bed is bigger than our bed in the house and we don't share unless it is an emergency( storming). She has the job when we set up to open windows on the bed. That makes her feel big. She also does the velcro too. The whole family has jobs when we set up and take down. Hope you enjoy you new TM.

mamabear

JTorsrud
01-24-2004, 08:27 PM
Hi All:

Thanks for the replies on the rear step or ramp.

I guess I should explain, our kids have 4 legs!

2 Shih Tzu's, pretty good jump for them to get up there!
;D

Denny_A
01-24-2004, 10:02 PM
Hi All:
Thanks for the replies on the rear step or ramp.
I guess I should explain, our kids have 4 legs!
2 Shih Tzu's, pretty good jump for them to get up there!
;D

I tried an arrangement for my "senior citizen" Airedale - which did not work. He was just too heavy, and old and nervous, to even try to get up onto the rear bed on his own.

Wal-Mart (and many others) sell plastic, open sided crates. Sometimes referred to as milk-carton crates. They are lite weight and strong. I used six, inverted and piled in such a manner as to make a series of three stair steps. The top step was about 1 ft. below the bed.

Each of the steps was covered with a thin piece of plywood which, in turn, was covered with carpet remnants. I uses simple tie wraps to lash a stack of 2 uncarpeted crates together for a base. Did the same for 2 more crates, one of them with carpet. Then on top of that, lashed another carpeted crate to the uncarpeted crate.

So, picture 3 blocks forming an L shape, with the 2 exposed ones (steps) being carpeted. Then this "Rube Goldberg" unit gets set upon the other two bare crates and lashed with tie wraps.

So far - one step at the third level, and the other at level two. That's five crates. The sixth carpeted crate is finally lashed to the bottom row (of 2 crates) and yer done!!!

From the side view, say looking from bed-to- bathroom door: Bottom row - 2 no-mod crates and 1 step crate; Middle row - 1 no-mod crate and one step; Top Row - one step next to the bed.

When not in use the whole magilla can go outside. It can serve as a great (strange) stepped table between lawn chairs, if the bottom row is removed. Cutting a few tie wraps can break it down quickly for just about any hauling function. A side cutting pliers can handle breakdown in seconds. I used several of the crates for storage in the car when traveling. Since my dog hates it, I never needed to reassemble it for its original purpose.

Since you have small, agile little tykes, they could easily bound up and down such an arrangement. Also, there was no interference with the bathroom door.

FWIW - just another way to improvise;

Denny_A

G-V_Driver
01-25-2004, 10:12 AM
Re. the pooch ramp, and assuming the obvious plywood with cleats doesn't work because if it is long enough to get an acceptable pitch it interferes with the bathroom door, here's another idea.

Make a square plywood box about 16" deep by as wide as the aisle. Make a "Z" frame inside the box, with alternating 8" wide ramps that run side-to-side across the aisle and slope from the bottom to the top so that the pooches actually slalom or traverse their way from the floor to the bed height. You could make it so it folds down flat, or just store it in the camper when when traveling.

efelker
01-26-2004, 05:47 AM
Can you hear the color "green?" -- that woud be envy!!! You folded it up -- was going to ask if you moved back in the house yet. What a great looking rig!!! Congrads.

Ed

Chris_Bauer
01-26-2004, 04:52 PM
We love our 1999 3326. But after seeing yours I'm jumping up and down. I want a new one, I want a new one :o.

You're gonna love it!

jniles
01-26-2004, 08:10 PM
Ditto Ed and Chris' remarks. I have looked at those pictures twice and will probably do it again. Congratulations. Can't wait to get ours, maybe this weekend.