PDA

View Full Version : Wheel & Tire covers

04-23-2003, 02:47 AM
Has anyone found a good way to cover the wheels and tires while in storage. The vinyl style covers I had for my old tent trailer won't work because of the partial tire cover that TM puts on... :-/ Any suggestions?

arknoah
04-23-2003, 04:51 AM
I don;t  but was thinking about getting some because we have a seasonal site now, and I am concerned about the tires being exposed constantly this summer to the sun.  Are you saying that the kind with the bungee cords on one side to keep them closed don't work for us?  I remember when I picked up my TM, I asked about buying those covers, and he said that they would be very difficult to install on our trailers, but I really didn't know in what way it was so difficult.

Sinclue
04-23-2003, 05:50 AM
I store my trailer outside and use those vinyl tire covers (available from Camping World, etc.).  The trick to putting them on is to do it when the trailer is opened up.  Its still a tight fit, but doable. As it is kind of tight I bought the next largest size cover and the extra slack makes it easier to maneuver.  As the trailer closes down over the wheels we don't bother with the bungee cords. Its even doable with the trailer closed, but much more of a pain.  You just have to remember to take them off while you are loading up for your trip.   ;) Last trip we were all hooked up and ready to go before realizing we'd forgotten the covers.  Rather than open up again, we just rolled forward a small amount, pulled the covers down and then rolled off them.  Wouldn't want to do that a lot, but necessity is the mother of invention.

Jim

arknoah
04-23-2003, 08:01 AM
Actually, that's when I wanted to use them -- when its opened up and the wheels are exposed to the sun for long periods of time.  If they will actually go on (albeit in a larger size) I'll probably order them.