PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the Help-Our Pending Purchase

jniles
12-13-2003, 09:15 PM
I have been lurking :-X for many months gathering information about TM units and finally we have made our decision to purchase a new 3124KB with most of the listed options. We are trading in our 2001 4 x Used Coleman Niagria which was our second Coleman. ;D

The information the group has provided has been invaluable to us and we just wanted to say thanks. 8)

FYI yesterday I found out from the factory, many manufacturers are having considerable difficulty with the thermostats being currently manufactured for the stove-oven drop in units. They seem to be all bad due to some machine problems in a new factory somewhere. :-[

The fix is a new unit they are calling an oven-toaster. They said it was a drop-in unit with stove top and microwave all in one, if I understood it right. Did not get the brand name and wished I had so we could find out what one looks like. The factory guy said not to worry because even though it costs a little more we would really like it. :-* If anyone has any information on this unit we would appreciate hearing about it.

We are also ordeing bed end skirts (heavy vinyl cover hanging below the bed outside), center privacy curtains (turns hallway and bathroom into a dressing room area), 15,000btu a/c with heat strip, a microwave stand (even though the micro is in the drop-in unit), and a screen door. Most of these things are special or not listed in literature and we only found out about them from you guys. Just thought someone out there might want to know that as of yesterday the factory was still making these things available on request. Being a retired sales representative for the Ditch Witch factory I was impressed with the TM factory to do little things on request that are not normal in their building process. :o

Thanks to one and all for the great information and service, not to mention fun, you have provided for us during this hunt :P.

RockyMtnRay
12-14-2003, 06:22 AM
I have been lurking :-X for many months gathering information about TM units and finally we have made our decision to purchase a new 3124KB with most of the listed options. We are trading in our 2001 4 x Used Coleman Niagria which was our second Coleman. ;D

The information the group has provided has been invaluable to us and we just wanted to say thanks. 8)

John and Karen...

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the ranks of TrailManor owners. As one of the more prolific posters here, I'm glad our discussions have been helpful.

FYI yesterday I found out from the factory, many manufacturers are having considerable difficulty with the thermostats being currently manufactured for the stove-oven drop in units. They seem to be all bad due to some machine problems in a new factory somewhere. :-[

The fix is a new unit they are calling an oven-toaster. They said it was a drop-in unit with stove top and microwave all in one, if I understood it right. Did not get the brand name and wished I had so we could find out what one looks like. The factory guy said not to worry because even though it costs a little more we would really like it. :-* If anyone has any information on this unit we would appreciate hearing about it.

If you exclusively or mostly camp where electrical hookups are available...or have a generator...or seldomly would use a conventional oven, this sounds like a pretty good deal since most people wind up putting a microwave in their trailers anyway. Even I have a microwave...and I seldomly (perhaps 15% of the time) camp where there are hookups. OTOH, if you at least occasionally could see yourselves baking or roasting foods while camping...or you camp in colder climes where the heat from the oven is kinda nice, then the conventional oven is a real plus. I can testify that taking a fresh baked loaf of bread...or wonderfully aromatic chocolate cake...out of the oven on a chilly, rainy afternoon is a real treat ;D If the latter has appeal, you might want to look into this substitution a tad bit more.

We are also ordeing bed end skirts (heavy vinyl cover hanging below the bed outside), center privacy curtains (turns hallway and bathroom into a dressing room area), 15,000btu a/c with heat strip, a microwave stand (even though the micro is in the drop-in unit), and a screen door. Most of these things are special or not listed in literature and we only found out about them from you guys. Just thought someone out there might want to know that as of yesterday the factory was still making these things available on request. Being a retired sales representative for the Ditch Witch factory I was impressed with the TM factory to do little things on request that are not normal in their building process. :o

Good choices! Yep, there's a reason why TrailManor has engendered such a loyal customer base.

efelker
12-15-2003, 12:30 PM
If it's not too late, I'd see if they could put a 7300 converter in instead of a 6300 (standard equip). There are lots of postings on this site that talks about how the 7300 gives much better battery recharges than the 6300. Shouldn't be that much extra in cost -- like maybe $200.

Congradulations -- I am soooooo envious. Enjoy!!!!!!!

Ed

MikeD
12-15-2003, 12:52 PM
We ordered our 2720 with the upgrade to the 7300 series. They installed the upgrade kit at the factory and the cost to us was about $140. It's nice - no hum on the radio, and I'm not as concerned that long term charger use will harm my batteries. It's a good upgrade.

Mike

jniles
12-16-2003, 09:56 AM
Thanks again for all the information.

We did ask for the 7300 inverter. It may now be the only one available. The factory guy told me it was supposed to be quiter and they were making the change because and the other unit is going out of production.

Does anyone know anything about the oven-toaster? I may call the factory on it later today or tomorrow to get the brand name and model so I can look for it on the net. Trying to figure out if it is electric and if it actually is a microwave combination with a browning capability or convection oven.

Thanks

Civil_War_Buff
12-16-2003, 11:43 AM
John & Karen,

I will chime in with my congrats to you as well! I am glad that this site has been helpful. This is one of the best sites going as far as I am concerned. I just can't wait for Ed and Bev to "join us", he is always so helpful and and is this close | | to getting his TM.

Enjoy.

Larry

efelker
12-16-2003, 01:40 PM
Larry:

Close but would like to get closer -- soon as I figure out what to fertilize the "dollar tree" with to yield a bumper crop. I'll be putting my papers in to retire this coming summer with an effective date of Aug 05. As soon as Bev figures out that retirement is going to consist of me following her around the house all day -- she'll be fertilizing that "dollar tree" too. Anything to get me out of the house -- can you imagine the TM "To Do" list I'll have -- and all the time in the world to do it. Reading and contributing to this site has convinced me the only thing better than camping in the TM is "tweaking" it to make it better -- constant tweaking!!!!

So..... I've been contributing about two years and don't have one yet -- "Patience, Grasshopper!"

Ed

Windbreaker
12-16-2003, 05:59 PM
I don't know how I ever had time to work....

Boy you got that right!!!! I'm even thinking of going back to work just to get a little rest. ;)

Denny_A
12-16-2003, 07:05 PM
If you think for one minute that when you retire, you will have all the time in the world to do it, better think again. Once I retired, I became so busy, I had to start putting every thing on a calendar. And was surprised how quickly the calendar filled up. I am so busy now, I don't know how I ever had time to work....

Amen! I carry my pocket calendar with me at all times. If I think of something that needs attention, and I'm w/o my portable word processor, I forget what the heck it was in the time it takes to find the darn thing.

I too can't find time to work (for money) :P. The mind is the second thing to go, and I forget........ oh, you know the rest...

Denny_A

jniles
12-16-2003, 07:49 PM
There once was a Dennis Anderson in Appleton, WI He was the Ditch Witch Dealer there. You wouldn't possibly know this guy would you.

jniles
12-16-2003, 07:51 PM
There once was a Dennis Anderson in Appleton, WI He was the Ditch Witch Dealer there. You wouldn't possibly know this guy would you.

G-V_Driver
12-16-2003, 08:38 PM
Hey John & Karen, check your fullnet email

Denny_A
12-17-2003, 10:53 AM

Never met him personally, but I took some inadvertantly directed business calls for him when I first moved here afer retiring from the Navy. With 3 of us in the local phone book, I still get the occasional hang up or "Oops - wrong Dennis!".

Denny_A