PDA

View Full Version : Campground in Hickory NC

hjbourge
04-14-2014, 06:16 AM
Hello Everyone,

We are going to a wedding of our granddaughter up in Hickory NC area. Can anyone tell us of some nice campgrounds in that general area? We always like to use full hookup CG if at all possible. :confused:

LoveToCamp
04-14-2014, 08:42 AM
After doing a quick search on Google, I saw there are lots of CG within about 35 miles of Hickory. But, most reviews were negative on the ones within about 20 miles, save for one. Indian Springs (http://www.indianspringscampgroundnc.com/) has good reviews. From GoogleEarth, there is very little shade. But, it may suit your needs, since you are there for another reason, and not the campground itself.

Interesting area! Lots of water (don't have much of that in Colorado), so take your insect repellant.

If it were me, this is the campground I would chose in that area, for that purpose.

wbmiller3
04-14-2014, 06:47 PM
Although I grew up near there, I never camped in Hickory, it was just a town I passed through on the way to the real mountains! But South Mountain State Park is 45 minutes away, and I have heard it is good. But the campground seems to be closed till May 1 for renovation, so that may not work for you.

hjbourge
04-18-2014, 02:47 PM
wbmiller3, that might work as we are not getting there till mid June. Thanks I'll look it up.

hjbourge
04-18-2014, 02:51 PM
lovetocamp, sorry to take so long getting back to you, I was out for a bit. I'll check it out but may be a little to far to travel back and forth. But I'll look into it just the same, thanks.