PDA

View Full Version : Solar power forum

Bill
10-27-2003, 03:37 PM
Good evening, all -

While researching solar panels and equipment for my TM, I came across a relatively new forum for potential users of solar stuff. It is just like our TM forum - even uses the same forum software - but it is oriented to solar power rather than TMs. And good news - most of it is RV and camper oriented.

It is a relatively new forum - fewer than 1000 posts so far - and there seems to be some degree of "inexpertness". That is to be expected with a new topic. But there also seems to be a couple experts who chime in when things get too far off course. And the posters are well-behaved, just like our forum.

You can find it at http://www.wind-sun.com/forum/index.php

Chris T! As solar becomes more affordable and better known/understood, there are sure to be many more solar-related posts here. Might it be a good idea to set up a stand-alone Solar Power section in the sponsor's area, and to move the existing posts over there now, while it is still easy?

Bill

2619PDX
11-20-2003, 12:51 PM
Chris - I agree with Bill. I've become so interested in solar usage that I subsribe to Home Power magazine which is produced off grid here in Oregon... (And I'm not tree hugger by any means...)

Bill good call! Renewable Energy is fun, interesting AND important.

Thanks, Bill!

Gregg

2619PDX
11-20-2003, 12:57 PM
Bill:
great site! I sent your link to a freind of mine at Freightliner who uses solar on his RV's, but also at home.

His home is in North Eastern Washington, up near the Canadian border. He's off grid, and operates his home completely using solar energy...

It's amazing what you can do with solar...

Gregg