PDA

View Full Version : Louisiana, Mississippi or Gulf Coast campgrounds?

mamabear
10-19-2003, 06:08 PM
:D Does anybody have some suggestions for a campground located on the gulf coast. We want to go down for Easter break with the kids and would love a campground that is close to the beach. If anyone knows one please give city, name and if they have a web site, please. ;)

mamabear

boomer52
10-20-2003, 10:14 AM
I'm from New Orleans and go to the Biloxi area often. There is only one camp ground right by the beach that I am aware of. I camped there one time. I will try to find out the name and get back to you.

Boomer52 New Orleans

mamabear
10-21-2003, 09:14 AM
boomer52,

That would be great. Is there any others that you would recommend down there otherwise, less than 1/2 hour away from the beach. We are really open to just about anything.

mamabear

Chris_Bauer
10-21-2003, 10:02 AM
I would recommend South Padre Island but during Spring Break it can get a little hairy. I don't know how it is at the two rv parks, Destinations and Isla Blanca County Park. They are both great though. Texas Camper might know as he goes there too.

dennisu
10-21-2003, 01:38 PM
mamabear

we spent 6 days at grand isle state park, la, in march of last year. way out on the tip of la. the campground has been expanded to include gravel sites with electric and water and they are pull through. they were building the expanded campground while we were there and it was completed the day we left. the beach is not like a beach in florida or texas though. while you have the ocean out your door the beach is very narrow. not my idea of a swimming beach it is more a fishing area as you will see if you go. but if it is semi close to you it would not be a bad place to take in the ocean. look it up on the map and you will see it is way south of new orleans.

dennis