PDA

View Full Version : Towing Mirrors

Brightsu
10-11-2003, 03:22 PM
I have a 2000 Mercury Mountaineer and can not find the towing mirrors for it . Any suggestions? I've tried Camping World they can not even get them, also I tried those Walmart ones they kept falling off. I need some by the time we go on our next trip Thanksgiving, I called Mercury and they couldn't help either and get this it came with a towing package. I've found some McKesh that strap on will these do a good job?

Please anyone can you help

:-[Pam

Windbreaker
10-11-2003, 04:03 PM
McKesh is the only way to go! However, if you would like I can sell you three different kinds that I tried before shelling out for the McKesh. Each set of the others cost anywhere from 20 to 110 dollars. Sure wish I had just gotten the McKesh to start with!

Bill
10-11-2003, 07:09 PM
Once again I find myself echoing Windy's expertise and experience. There have been a number of "towing mirror" threads on this group, and the common (though not quite universal) opinion has been "CLIP-ON=BAD, MCKESH=GOOD".

For more info, click the SEARCH button at the top of the page, click ADVANCED SEARCH, enter "mirror" as a search term, and open up the default search window from 60 days to, perhaps, 600 days.

Bill

Brightsu
10-12-2003, 04:11 PM
Thanks once again, I guess McKesh wins.

Pam ;D

Windbreaker
10-12-2003, 06:22 PM
Too bad, I would like to sell those other mirrors. ;)

PAUL_R
10-12-2003, 06:35 PM
another vote for Mckesh mirrors. Easy on Easy off. Very little vibration.

gospelcamper
10-13-2003, 07:18 AM
When I could not find mirrors to fit my 99 ranger nor 2000 Explorer I searched the web and found Vision view. I purchases a set of towing mirrors from them and have been able to switch them from tow vehicle to tow vehicle. They even fit our 2003 Explorer.
They slide on and are anchored with threaded clips.
January was the sales person I dealt with. She was a very pleasant and helpful person. I'm not sure if she is still there or not.. My last dealing with them was in about 98/99. One of the attaching bolts broke and I call about new ones. January sent me new ones at no charge. GREAT company. I recommend the mirrors and company

http://www.rpminnovations.com/contact_us.htm