PDA

View Full Version : Pulling a boat with a 3124

OSWHEELS
10-08-2003, 07:45 PM
I'm looking at a 94 3124 railmanor and like to know if you can pull a boat with it. It's a 19" 90hp Alumcraft boat.

Help
Thanks
Oswheels

mjlaupp
10-08-2003, 08:05 PM
My dealer regularly tows 2 TrailManor's in tandom. The bumper and frame are strong enough. That ended with the 2004 model's plastic rear storage bumper. You could possibly run into stability problems with sway and such. My dealer also had a wreck that totaled two TM's one of them was mine.

There is a TrailManor owner in my area who tows a fiberglass bass boat behind his TM. I have seen him twice but don't know who he is.

Can you tow a boat behind a TM? The official answer is no. You shouldn't tow a boat behind any other trailer either.

"You pays your dime and you takes your chances."

MJL

Bill
10-08-2003, 08:27 PM
I'm not sure there are very many states where a triple is legal. There might be some exceptions for special-permit, once-only, commercial point-to-point transit, I guess. Be sure you know the law where you are.

Bill

Windbreaker
10-08-2003, 08:33 PM
You can do that in Texas, but most folks I know who have done it, have done it once. They say they have to change pants to often.

efelker
10-08-2003, 08:42 PM
Reading these posts a picture popped into my head -- Interstate 70, Eastern Colorado, Ford Escape in front, TM 3124 in the middle, 30' "cigar boat" bringing up the rear -- red and blue flashing lights, Colorado Cop's got them pulled over issueing a ticket (either that, or discussing what mods were made to the TM & sharing a donut) and notices that the names of the people in the Escape are Ellie May and Jethro.

Ed

Happytrails
10-09-2003, 07:21 PM
That's actually a great question for me anyway, I have a little 16' bass boat with an 85hp motor, toungue weight is next to nill, I can easily lift it up and place it on my hitch, and have always wondered if you can tow them both in tandum. The big rigs tow tandum regularly through this area, but not sure of the laws and such regarding that issue.......We have a nice lake just an hour away, and would love to take the boat down there with the trailer and camp out, and fish, and sport around on the lake........

Happytrails.........