PDA

View Full Version : What would you put on your wish list?

efelker
10-02-2003, 09:46 AM
This list/checklist is my own personal list of the things I'll buy as I start rolling the snowball down the hill on TM Ownership. If you don't know what "snowballing" is, type in "snowball" and do a search).

Basically, this is my dream list of the things I need to buy at my handy RV wholesaler to make my TM "better." I include it only to serve as a guide for some of the things you might also want to consider. I include where to find the particular item and the wholesaler stock number. You might not agree on my choices; however, if you are interested in similar items, you can at least find what I was looking at on the internet.

For example, I have seen several questions on this website about where to find a cover/tarp for the TM. I'm interested in the TM2720. Buried deep, after many mouse clicks on the Camping World website I found an ADCO breatheable (don't use anything that won't breath or you'll have mildew up the wazoo) cover [22'7" X 26') that will work for a 2720.

Everything on this list might not work for you. Hopefully it at least helps you in the search (like for a brake controller, W/D hitch, etc.)

Ed

RockyMtnRay
10-02-2003, 11:33 AM
I have two items on my wish list:

1. Variable speed, constant pressure, "silent" pump (instead of an accumulator) like this one: http://www.campingworld.com/browse/skus/index.cfm?skunum=21398 That noisy pump is my biggest irritant with my TM, but replacing it with one of these quiet models may be a royal PITA...the quiet ones are substantially longer and there's not much room under the sink in my 2720SL for plumbing revisions.

2. An electronic thermostat with programmable setbacks to replace the mechanical jobbie that TM installs. Since I camp in places where the night time temps drop into the low 40s/high 30s (even in summer)...and I let my TM interior temp drop down to around 50 at night (to save propane and battery), my first action in the morning is to hop out of the sack to up the thermostat...then I hop right back into the sack until the furnace can bring the temp up to around 60. 'Twould be darn nice to have a thermostat that's smart enough to do that for me. :)

One enhacement that I already did (beyond the solar panels) is installation of an electric tongue jack. My hand cranked one would occaisionally jump a thread...and I was getting tired of breaking into a sweat on a hot day from cranking the tongue up and down to hook up the TM. Camping World had/has a great price on these 3000 lb jacks (http://www.campingworld.com/browse/products/index.cfm?deptID=5&subOf=77,33&prodID=2854). It's soooo much faster to let the motor due the lifting (and I don't get all sweaty :)). Pretty easy to install too...it bolted right in and all I had to do was put a 30 amp circuit breaker in the battery compartment and run a 10 guage wire up to the front of the trailer. As this jack has a 3000 lb capacity, after I get the TM coupler latched on my TV's ball, I use the jack to raise both TM & TV up to level so that hooking up the WDH's bars is almost effortless.

efelker
10-02-2003, 01:39 PM
Ray:

Excellent adds. When buying a new TM, wonder if the factory would install a silent pump instead of the standard (for optional cost of course). At least it would eliminate that PITA that you noted.

Ed

azroadrunner
10-02-2003, 10:12 PM
Ray & Ed, I had a silent pump on a different rig years ago. I found that I used much too much water. The present one always tells me (by the noise) that I am using water. Just a thought.

The previous owners of our TM had an electric tongue jack installed. I never had one before and I'll testify to the much added convenience.

Jim

RockyMtnRay
10-03-2003, 08:46 AM
I had a silent pump on a different rig years ago. I found that I used much too much water. The present one always tells me (by the noise) that I am using water. Just a thought.

Jim...

That is a very good point to keep in mind. When boondocking, I try to limit my water use to about 7 gallons a day (that includes water for showering). But sometimes I wonder if a constant pressure/silent pump might actually save me some water. With the current pump's pressure variances, I find I have to dink around with faucet valve openings for 10 to 15 seconds until the pump stabilizes at a pressure that produces a small but steady flow.

azroadrunner
10-03-2003, 01:48 PM
Ray, that might be best for you. On the other hand, if others are using water it might be best to remind them of the useage.

Jim