PDA

View Full Version : How to quote another post before reply?

Beak12
12-08-2008, 06:24 AM
OK how do I quote someone but not get his photo in my answer/question?

:p

mtnguy
12-08-2008, 06:38 AM

John, I think when you hit the quote button and the reply to thread box comes up, you can high-lite everything between the IMGs (including the brackets) and that should erase the picture.

Chap

Beak12
12-08-2008, 09:38 AM
John, I think when you hit the quote button and the reply to thread box comes up, you can high-lite everything between the IMGs (including the brackets) and that should erase the picture.

Chap

Chap---Someone must have done it for me. Because when I first posted my note the picture was in the Quote???????
John:new_bdays

mtnguy
12-08-2008, 11:06 AM
Chap---Someone must have done it for me. Because when I first posted my note the picture was in the Quote???????

I saw that. I think only a moderator can edit another's post, so Bill must be lookn' out for you.

Chap

Bill
12-08-2008, 11:32 AM
Yup. Too quick on the draw, I guess.

Bill

Beak12
12-08-2008, 03:16 PM

This kind of Big Brother I can live with. Thanks Bill.:o

T and C
08-03-2012, 10:40 AM

What I do is to highlight what I want and cut it out by pressing control and C at the same time.

Then I put the blinking cursor where I want my quote to go.

Then I paste it into what I am posting by pressing control and V.

Then you type right bracket, [ then QUOTE then left bracket ] in front of it, and the same thing with / before the word QUOTE after it. It looks like this w/o the spaces: [ QUOTE ] followed by the text then [ /QUOTE ]

Hope this helps.

Tom

Barb&Tim
08-03-2012, 03:32 PM
Then you type right bracket, [ then QUOTE then left bracket ] in front of it, and the same thing with / before the word QUOTE after it. It looks like this w/o the spaces: [ QUOTE ] followed by the text then [ /QUOTE ]

Or -- just highlight and (right click) to copy the text you want to quote, press the reply button, press the quote button and (right click) paste your text at the cursor.

Many roads lead to the same place :)

Tim