PDA

View Full Version : How comfortable is the couch/bed in the 2720sl?

stewardrobbins
09-20-2003, 09:18 PM
I would like to have the extra living space of the 2720sl, but I'm the one that would have to sleep on the couch/bed! If anyone has an sl, I would like to know how it is. Thanks.

SweetSue
09-21-2003, 09:52 AM
Our grandson (age 4 1/2) "camped" with us the other night, for our first time in the 2720 SL. Lots of fun! I slept on the couch. It was comfortable, and I had a good night's sleep. I put a folded quilt on the bed for added comfort. Worked OK.

Sinclue
09-21-2003, 12:41 PM
We've found the couch to be pretty comfortable for naps just as it is, but for an extended sleep it helps to put something underneath you, like the folded quilt suggested above, to "fill in" the gap created when you make it into a bed. We've used one of those Therma-rest type mattresses with great success. It also depends on how well you normally sleep. We're at the age where sleep doesn't come as easily as when we were children so a little more comfort is called for. Kids seem to have no problem with the couch/bed just as it is.
The extra space sure is nice...makes it seem more home-like.

Bill
09-21-2003, 06:15 PM
How tall are you? Our son (about 6'1") has slept on the couch for a week at a time, but says he has to arrange himself diagonally. Easy if you sleep alone ...

Bill

Sinclue
09-22-2003, 03:05 PM
Bill,
Well, I used to say I was 5'11". However, at my last physical the Dr. cut me down to 5'10". I was speaking of one person using the bed in any case. It certainly would be cozy for two, but do-able. After learning to sleep in almost any circumstances in VietNam I usually don't have trouble sleeping anywhere. Although various aches and cricks associated with the passage of time don't always make that so.

jim

mamabear
09-29-2003, 11:23 AM
HI we have a 3326 and 2 kids sleep on our couch. They sleep better there then in bed. The only problem they have is losing the pillow on the floor thru the crack of the couch and wall.
MAMABEAR

Chris_Bauer
09-29-2003, 12:15 PM
The sofa makes a great bed. I am only 5'7" so it fits me just right. On cold winter campouts it's fun to open it up and watch a movie.

Naps are for sure the greatest on the sofa. With a soft rain, you'll sleep like a baby. I know, I had one this last weekend at South Padre Island. Woke up so refreshed I decided to take another the next day...... ahhhh, isn't owning "the greatest thing on wheels" the greatest thing ;D.

grayghost
09-29-2003, 02:46 PM
is there room on there for one adult who is 4' 11" (almost) and 2 40 pound dogs? guess i'll find out friday night. ;D

mjlaupp
09-29-2003, 03:09 PM
is there room on there for one adult who is 4' 11" (almost) and 2 40 pound dogs? guess i'll find out friday night. ;D

Sounds like TM had you in mind when they designed the couch ;)

dlajoie
09-29-2003, 05:33 PM
We have a new (2003) 2720SL. I set up the couch fully for the first time yesterday just to see how big and usable it could be. I am 5'8" (used to be 5'9") and it seemed to be just exactly the right length. The pad mentioned above seems a good way to deal with the indentation between the two parts of the couch. I noted that the design of the two screw mounted rubber pads at the front wall of the slideout is inadequate. Both had torn out of the sheetmetal after what I would imagine was just a few demonstrations at the dealer. We rarely open the couch and have only camped twice since owning it. It appears that a reinforced area more securely attached that with one screw in sheetmetal is needed. It also needs to be thinner because the couch sticks out too far (the drop down tables rub very coursely against the front of the couch. Anyone else had the same observation?

kempert
09-29-2003, 05:40 PM
My mom (73 years old) slept on it for over 3 weeks on a 5,000+ mile trip and had no complaints. She couldn't get up into the back bed so that's why she slept on the sofa and I slept on the big bed.

Happytrails
10-01-2003, 04:05 PM
We use one of those two step, stepladders that folds up for the back bed, it works really good, and if for some reason it should get in the way, it folds up and stows away nicely. (We don't have that compartment there, so we leave it open all the time). Having it in the camper is also nice for any needs for reaching something on the outside of the tm such as sweeping leaves and pine needles off the roof before departure. Definately nice to have in the middle of the night for a quick bathroom run.

Happytrails.......

ColoradoCop
10-02-2003, 09:31 AM
Our 26YO waterbed sleeping daughter slept on it for two weeks and she said it was comfortable. I find it nice for those afternoon concentration naps. Only problem is those small pill sized pillows that came with the unit :P

ColoradoCop 8)