PDA

View Full Version : Albums

sgtfrg
04-12-2012, 06:10 PM
Since we all love looking at pictures of everyone's tm's, is there any way to make it easier to see everyone's albums in one place since there is no way of knowing who all has them without going to each and every profile page?

rvcycleguy
04-12-2012, 07:26 PM
2nd that. good idea.

Bill
04-12-2012, 08:03 PM
Judging from the vBulletin FAQ, I don't think there is a way to do it directly on this board. Albums are similar to Visitor Messages - they are tied to the individual member.

Early in 2007, one of our members volunteered to make a portion of his personal web site available to members of the board for albums. No charge, no advertising - just a very nice gesture from one of our own. It was easy to use, and he even gave this space its own name - TMPhotos.org. Although everyone agreed that it was a good idea and a generous offer, only two or three TMO members actually created albums there. After five years, the owner got tired of paying for the space that no one used, and a few months ago he closed it. Sad, but inevitable, and now someone else owns that domain name.

I don't mean to discourage the idea. But perhaps there is another volunteer waiting in the wings? I'd love to see it, and I would participate just as I did before.

Bill

Chris
04-24-2012, 08:26 PM
If there's demand, I can find an album solution. I have used Gallery before and it works well. I'm going to be putting a new one on Tretta.com for my photography, so let me know. I'll create a poll and edit this post with it.
Ct..