PDA

View Full Version : Indoor shower

09-07-2003, 04:11 PM
Hi
All the info on TM mention a tub but was wondering if there is also a shower included? All the broceures I have read mention a tub but nothing about an indoor shower.
Thanks for any info
Barepagan

Bill
09-07-2003, 05:15 PM
Yes, there sure is an indoor shower. Part of the tub, actually, along with a shower curtain. The shower head head doesn't stick out of the wall, but is on the end of a hose like some of the nice Water-pik shower heads for your home shower.

The shower works very nicely. You have to use it a little differently from your home shower, because there is a limited amount of hot water. The usual drill (certainly mine) is to wet myself down, turn off the water, soap up, and then rinse down. Works like a champ! I'm one of those people who can't get moving in the morning without a shower - I'd be lost without one, and the TM shower works great.

Bill

Windbreaker
09-07-2003, 05:21 PM
Ditto, but I would add that if you are expecting a tub for any one over 6 or 7 years old forget it. It is in fact a small tub to be used as a shower or place to wash your feet.

Moonshot
09-07-2003, 06:31 PM
One of my main beefs about the Trailmanor is the small shower/bath. Actually, this is not so bad but the shower curtain is. I hate rubbing against the shower curtain constantly while in there.

I am considering a modification. Either I'll rig the walls around the shower with a fiberglas-type material to make it a real shower stall or I'll rearrange the the shower track to make it open up more. Not trying to steal this topic, but has anyone come up with a nice shower curtain mod? Yeah, I have the pennies sewn into the bottom of the curtain. I need more space in the shower.

I'm an average size guy (5'8", 170lbs), so I doubt I'm alone in this right?

Scott

arknoah
09-08-2003, 07:39 AM
I have found the shower to be fine, and as large as the showers in larger travel trailers in the 70s. Our daughter is also small enough to use the tub as a tub, but really we just shower in there anyway. Also, we use the on again, off again method to save water.

Ellen, is not so pleased with the shower, both because of the curtain and the water pressure. She is looking to purchase a nice nylon curtain to replace our original one. Water pressure is something else altogether. We are anxious about not using one of those pressure regulators on the outside water to prevent any damage to our water lines. One time when we didn't have the regulator, the pressure was so high that it would leak from the faucets with them turned off. When the regulators, no problem with that, but also limited water pressure. The only time we had great pressure was on vacation when our regulator broke, and the campground owner assured me that they late lower water pressure than most campgrounds. They were right -- the pressure didn't hurt our lines, and we have a much stronger shower. What's an owner to do?

Bill
09-08-2003, 07:56 AM
FJ&E, most pressure regulators have a fixed pressure - about 30 psi, if I recall correctly. This is what I have, and perhaps you have the same. However, one can buy an adjustable regulator for a bit more money. Perhaps one of these, adjusted to maybe 50 pounds, would produce a better result. I would buy and use a pressure gauge at the same time, of course.

I'm not sure how high you can adjust the pressure before causing damage or leaking, but I think 30 psi is pretty conservative. I know my TM is OK without a regulator here at home, where the pressure runs 80 psi.

Bill

Brightsu
09-08-2003, 09:31 AM
My last trip we parked next to the showers and after trying them for a few days I prefer my TM/ you can actually sit and shower if you like, I made a nylon curtain the size of two shower curtains and it worked great, my husband still likes the camp showers, but when it gets cold weather I think he'll try the TM.
Pam

Happytrails
09-08-2003, 04:09 PM
One suggestion to address the water pressure problem, and also addresses the saving water issue is to switch to one of those water saver shower heads. In my second apartment I ever rented, the water pressure was absolutly lousy, and we NEVER had enough hot water to allow the both of us to take a hot shower back to back. I then set out and got one of these things and installed it. Never had another problem after that! You might have to make some adaptations to get one to work, but might be worth the effort. (Most hotels btw use this same type shower head if you were curious what the shower's like). Hope this helps!

Happytrails......

Gene
09-08-2003, 07:31 PM
We had the shower head water trickling out. I thought that it was the water pressure. I took a pin and inserted it in each hole of the shower head. Wala! It was clogged and works fine now.

Eugene

arknoah
09-10-2003, 07:09 AM
Bill,

You're right -- the adjustable pressure regulators are available for $34.99 from Camping World. This is certainly more than the $8-10 I paid for the plain one, but might be worth the effort.

grkman1
09-10-2003, 08:56 PM
Although it is small, I enjoy showering in my own shower. I bought a shower head holder identical to the one in the bath tub that holds the shower head. I hang it from the wall using heavy duty velcro, so when I shower I can use both hands to wash off. I usually place the shower curtains in front of the hose and wall so the water goes in the tub and not on the wall.

George
West Palm Beach

bell
09-11-2003, 06:19 PM
The 2004 TM have nylon Curtains.I put another curtain overthe 2folding walls soI do not use the hanging curtains on but 2 sides.