PDA

View Full Version : TM Spotting

KdHammonds
09-06-2003, 07:22 AM
We were out camping over the labor day weekend in Holmes County, Ohio at the Whispering Hills RV park. After 6 different camping trips this summer without spotting a single TM we pulled in and found a 2004 3023 parked 3 sites over from us. We were AMAZED and before being completely set-up had already talked with the new owners. This was their maiden voyage and they were very interested in chatting with us.

On Sunday we met another couple in the same campground with a 2720SL. They were also new TM owners and were anxious to talk to another TM owner. I think I helped them out with their toilet and dumping procedures. They left on Sunday so we didn't have a chance to talk a second time. However, I gave both TM owners the address for this website and hope they will stop by and find this site as valuable as I have.

By the way Whispering Hills was a great RV park and it definately goes on our list of places to visit again.

B_and_D
09-06-2003, 02:49 PM
On the way home this morning, lo and behold, I saw (looked like) a 2720sl at the KOA in La Selva, CA!

Anybody from this board? What a great weekend for camping here.

We're still cleaning up from last weekend!

hal
09-08-2003, 06:11 PM
Couldn't have been us. We just returned from a long trip and thought for sure someone would see us. I felt like there were eyes looking at us all the time. When I got home, I discovered I had left the stealth sheild on the entire trip.

Hal

B_and_D
09-08-2003, 08:50 PM
Nobody saw us, either. I guess some of the TM's come with the stealth shield as standard equipment...

The most fun we had with the TM (besides staying in it) was when we (as newbies) forgot that we had to dump out the potty/tank and closed it down to leave.

We drove almost to the exit of the campground, just past the dump station, and then, I said to H, hey, didn't we want to dump? Well, we had to back up (H almost hit a pole, because he was ignoring my desperate screams to "STOP") and wriggle our way backwards into the dump station. There was nobody at the DS at first, but then when we finally got the TM into position, a HUGE 5th wheel pulled up behind us. We had to open up the TM, back it up again because the hose for flushing the toilet wasn't long enough to reach inside to clean out the potty. Meanwhile the people behind us are talking to H about our TM...he's running the water, it's filling up quickly, I'm flushing and cleaning, and then it's full, and I'm yelling "TURN OFF THE WATER" and nothing is happening. He finally heard me and turned it off, we finished our dump, and then pulled forward and closed down the unit. The guys behind us were really impressed with the TM.

Do any of you refill/reflush the toilet with clean water when dumping to really clean it out? We used to do this with our cabover camper and it really helps to eliminate the odor. When we had time we used to do it 2x.

Windbreaker
09-08-2003, 11:40 PM
Yes, always. we did have a smelling problem until we figured that out. I often times also refill with chemicals just to be ready for the next trip. I do drain for winter.

Happytrails
09-09-2003, 04:13 PM
My dad had a small trailer many many years ago, his first one. He was telling me a story one time about him trying to dump the terlit holding tank. (No, it wasn't a recirc). Picture this, they have full hookups, my dad being VERY new to his camper, opens the dump valve. (Welp, they're at the beach at the time, parked on the sand). Well, something happened like the sewer hose popped out from the "whoosh" and they had a HUGE BLUE SPOT in the sand marking their campsite after that! LOL! Talk about embarrassing!

Happytrails.......

B_and_D
09-11-2003, 08:22 PM
A relative staying in Trinidad, N. Calif called and said that he'd seen a TM at the campground there this last weekend (Sept 6/7).

A lady from my office said that she saw one on Hwy 101 near Salinas over Labor Day weekend.

Suddenly they're all around!

SweetSue
10-05-2003, 04:49 PM
We saw a TM this afternoon!!! It was getting on Interstate 430 in West Little Rock, heading south. It was a blue and white one, pulled by a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Was that anyone on this board? We were excited to see it.

The only other one we saw was in mid-July on Interstate 40 in Tennessee. One passed us heading west. It was the first time we'd ever seen one--or heard of one--and that's what eventually led us to buying one.

B_and_D
10-05-2003, 10:40 PM
We saw one too, this afternoon, heading north on Hwy 1, in Capitola, CA about 2:00 p.m. It looked like a 2619 or a 2720, maybe with a temp permit in the window?. I only caught a glimpse of it in the rvm, but the H saw it coming (we were heading south). Didn't see the TV. H thought it may have been a smaller p/u.

Civil_War_Buff
10-06-2003, 09:11 AM
Do any of you refill/reflush the toilet with clean water when dumping to really clean it out? We used to do this with our cabover camper and it really helps to eliminate the odor. When we had time we used to do it 2x.

Yep, we flush, flush, and flush some more every dump and always recharge immediately. Thanks to this forum, we no longer fill to the charge line, but test flush while filling and as soon as it flows we stop...it adds about an additional gallon of capacity.

Larry

SweetSue
10-06-2003, 10:59 AM
We fill our toilet three times with clean water.

I must have missed the post about not filling it up to the Charge line. I'll give that a try.

ColoradoCop
10-06-2003, 03:03 PM
I had to do a double take last month. Hal was coming into Burlington, CO to meet some friends and I was finaly able to see what I look like when I tow my 2720SL :D. We gabbed for a few and them I left. At lunch time, hit a local diner and thought that I spotted Hal's TM in the parking lot. While leaving the resturant, I thought I had solved a Burglary-In-Progress as I saw a strange person getting into what I thought was Hal's TM >:(. I approached him and using my investigative skills I found out that it was Turner (also from CO) who was passing through :-[. Both Hal and Turner tow with a White SUV and I couldn't believe that there would be 2 TM's in Burlington on the same day. Oh Well, at least I didn't have any extra paperwork to do for solving my Burglary ;D.

ColoradoCop 8)

SweetSue
10-12-2003, 06:27 PM
We saw ANOTHER TM today. It was at Treasure Lake RV Resort in Branson, Missouri. It was parked two rows over from us. It was a 2619.

WOW! That's two TMs in a week.