PDA

View Full Version : Trailmanor height when open ?

MikeD
09-05-2003, 11:31 AM
Hi,

I'm a new member, but have been following this board for about the last month as my wife and I decided to get a Trailmanor. We just placed our order for a 2004 2720 with 40 gallon tank, 7300 power controller, cabinet and vinyl floor. I know that if will fit into my garage, but I'm wondering if I will be able to open it up there. My garage is 26' long and 14' wide. The ceiling is 9' tall. I can't seem to find a spec telling me how tall a 2720 is when open. Can anyone measure there's ?

thanks -- mike dierker

BobWilson
09-05-2003, 12:14 PM
I have a 2003 model 2720 SD. This should be the same with the regular 2720 model as far as height is concerned. However we have the 2" lift kit also. The height to the top of the awning is 103" = 8 ft. 7". Plus the top vent when closed add about 5.5" above the awning. This is approximate since it is very difficult for me to get an exact measurement without a ceiling as a reference.

So the height is about 9 ft. plus 1/2 inch to the top of the central roof vent. I have the top mounted air conditioner which makes the total height 9 ft 9".

If you only have a 9 foot ceiling it looks like it is too low.

That's the way my measurement came out. :-[

MikeD
09-05-2003, 12:28 PM
Bob,

Thanks a lot ! That's what I come to love about this board -- helpful accurate answers. I may not like tha answer, but I'd rather know the facts. I may still be able to open it, since my garage ceiling is vaulted - the 9' is the wall height. I'll have to measure how quickly the ceiling rises. It'll be close.

thanks much -- Mike Dierker

red_apache
09-05-2003, 12:40 PM
RE: 40 gallon water tank ?
We just purchased a 2004 2619 last month, I went thru the option list (2004) and picked what we wanted on our TM. I didn't see a option on the list for a 40 gallon tank or the 7300 power panel ? What gives ? The option list said it was for the 2004 model year ?

Jack & Gayle

MikeD
09-05-2003, 02:01 PM
Jack & Gayle,

From reading this board, I found that there are some options which may or may not be listed by the dealer.There is a thread on this board about this - http://www.trailmanorowners.com/yabbse/index.php?board=22;action=display;threadid=1211;st art=msg8432#msg8432.

The 40 gallon tank is one of those. The dealer said that he doesn't list it since it may make the trailer too heavy for some cars. I'm not concerned about the towing weight (& the dealer agrees), but I am concerned about axle and tire weight - I'll have to be careful or full up just before setting up the trailer.

On the 7300 series power controller - I leaned of this here (see discussion on 12 volt failure and using LEDs rather than incadescent bulbs). It's advantages are that all 12 volt outputs are filtered and it provides 2-stage charging of the batteries with a trickle charge to top them off. This latter means that I am more comfortable with leaving the trailer plugged in during the winter. This was not an option from the factory, but I thought that I would ask for it anyway. So far, it looks as if they will include for me (I may yet find out that they won't). It should be cheaper than purchasing the upgrade unit. I'll let you know.

Mike

MikeD
09-05-2003, 02:12 PM
Oh - on a P.S.

In discussions with the dealer, I found that you could add a second 20 gallon water tank after purchase (the dealer can install it for you). I decided to go for the larger tank.

MikeD

Bill
09-05-2003, 06:22 PM
MikeD -

Where do they put the second tank on a 2720?

Bill

MikeD
09-05-2003, 07:03 PM
Bill,

My understanding is that the second tank is placed in the couch next to the orginal 20 gallon tank.

MikeD