PDA

View Full Version : Unique/specialty/etc. campgrounds

B_and_D
08-21-2003, 09:02 PM
http://www.mccloudrvpark.com/

Anybody into squaredancing? We drove past this campground, it did look really nice from the outside, about 3 years ago. The signs seemed to indicate that the biggest draw there was their regular squaredances.

We thought it might be fun to take the kids there to fish, but the squaredancing part was kind of scary. :o

My only memories of squaredancing were from being at camp around 8 years old, they made us squaredance, regularly every Friday night. I (cringe) got to be pretty good at it (cringe again).

Haven't done it since.

Anybody ever watch Big Joe's Polka show on RFD tv?

I turn it on every once in a while to torture the kids.

Windbreaker
08-21-2003, 09:10 PM
http://www.mccloudrvpark.com/

Anybody ever watch Big Joe's Polka show on RFD tv?

I turn it on every once in a while to torture the kids.

Alright! ;D My kind of dad!

You do know that they get back at you when they are teenagers, that's the down side. The up side is you can do even stranger things in front of their friends, that really gets them!

mjlaupp
08-22-2003, 08:04 AM
Anybody into squaredancing?

Come to the Folk dance festival at The Ozark Folk Center www.ozarkfolkcenter.com September 5th - 7th. Located in Mountain View Arkansas. Old time square dancing, contra dancing and jig dancing. :D

MJL

B_and_D
08-22-2003, 10:42 PM
It would be kind of fun to do Square Dancing again. Asked the H, he said that he would try it with me. I don't have a big, poofy skirt, though. I wonder if they are mandatory.

That site looks pretty cool...music sounds nice too.

Don't think I could get the kids to try it, though (unless there was a cute 15 year old dude with spikey hair).

Someday would like to go to Tennessee to visit the old stomping grounds of the ancestors...Arkansas is kind of on the way, isn't it?

That part of the country has always fascinated us but we've never been to those parts.