PDA

View Full Version : Toilet

jgilliam1955
08-21-2003, 04:09 PM
;DHi I'm new here & looking to get a Trailmanor BUT the recirculating Toilet may be a deal killer. What are they? Do they work? No black tanks at all? How long do the last? Any smells?
Thanks ???

grkman1
08-21-2003, 05:08 PM
I have never had any problems with the recirculating toilet at all, as long as you use the correct sanitizer by thetford (I find the blue works better then the green)

These toilets have a maximum capacity of about 7 gal, and work like the airline toilets. My wife and I have gone up to 4 days without having to dump the toilet.

No there is no black tank for the toilet just the fresh water tank for the water, and a grey water holding tank

Good luck

Happytrails
08-21-2003, 06:43 PM
Well, yes, it's like an airline terlit, same thing, but it does have a holding tank of 6 gallons, plus the gallon or so that you can dump down the tube, but most in here, us owner types, don't really have a problem with it. Actually, before I got in this thread, I was kinda tossing about an idea about posting something about a secondary tank 5-10 gallons or so, (not much) that would come into play when ya pulled that handle. But no, it's not really a problem at all for most people as a regular "holding tank" type terlit "flushes" so the 20 or so gallons of "extra" water to flush added to the tank doesn't add up much with the recirculating terlit. The way a recirc works is it filters all the um, bad stuff out, and as the name implies, simply recirculates the water/fluid/chemical compound that's left, which is NOT all that bad......Lol, ya see the blue stuff flow through cleaning it all right up when ya hit the button.........My TM's been sitting in the driveway for a while now, terlit tank half full......if you came into my tm, and went in the bathroom, you'd not smell ANYTHING out of the ordinary, till ya flushed, but then, it's not so bad at all........My 4yo says she likes the smell from the thetford blue, she's ok with it........just a few thoughts.......

Happytrails.........

Eutychus
08-23-2003, 12:30 PM
After our first trip, I would say we were very happy with the toilet. I used the campground's toilet but Kelly and the 4 kids used the toilet in the trailer all the time. We were only half full after 4 days. There was a little smell right after flushing but none with the window open a little and the lid down. I think this toilet is a real asssit asset in the TM. ;)

grayghost
08-23-2003, 01:27 PM
does it make any sense to limit the number of flushes during the day, assuming it is just urination, does it save any water like the way it does on a home toilet?
eileen

Eutychus
08-23-2003, 01:56 PM
Since this toilet recycles the liquid, there is no savings by not flushing. My wife was trying not to flush too much to save capacity. But this does not effect capacity any, it does however add a little to the smell of the bathroom. Since I eat like an elephant and ... , I use the campground toilets most of the time. This greatly extends the time the other five can use the TM's toilet.

jgilliam1955
08-23-2003, 04:35 PM
;D You guys eased my mind about the toilet. So we bought a TM 2619 today. A new dealer opened up, only the second one in VA. It was fully loaded for $19,000. A 2004 model. Will pick it up
next week. For any interested the address is:
Auto Ventures
3360 S. Battlefield Blvd.
Chesapeaka, VA. 23322
757-432-0222
Pass the good word.

grayghost
08-23-2003, 04:43 PM
Eutychus. thanks - i guess we weren't really sure how this recirculating thing works - your answer helped

Eutychus
08-23-2003, 11:20 PM
grayghost, glad to have been a little help. There is so much for all of us newbies to learn. It is so neat to be able to ask any question and for everyone to pool whatever we know.

jgilliam1955, congratulations on your new TM. We have only had our 2003 TM 3124KB a few weeks. I trust you will like yours as much as we do ours. The best to you in enjoyment and safety.

arknoah
08-26-2003, 07:37 AM
In our case, we seriously limit solids going into the toilet, but we've found that flushing sometimes takes the smell away, as the chemical mixture gets to flush any spots of urine out of the toilet bowl itself. Toilets are hardly any trailer's long suit, but we've been satisfied with the recirculating toilet.

2619PDX
08-26-2003, 12:41 PM
We have a 2001 model 2619 and have NOT had any problems with the recirc toilet.

Like ALL RV toilets, you have to keep the right balance of chemicals in there to control odors, but it should not be the excuse not to buy a TM.

This system is really slick. My family of 3 use the toilet for everything, and we get 3 days out of it before dumping.

I've never noticed a problem with odors or flushing or anything else for that matter. I'm 6'2" and fit on it with not problems.

So don't let the recirc toilet be a factor in your decision.

Best,

Gregg