PDA

View Full Version : Great Trip

Russ-Bett
08-19-2003, 03:21 PM
We just got back from a 1000 mile trip from our home near Tampa, FL to Pensacola Beach, FL. This was our longest trip sofar. Our TM created a lot of interest in the parks we visited -- we gave tours of our 2619 and handed out TM literature.

We spent most of our time at the Fort Pickens National Park. What a great place to visit -- fishing, swimming, historical site, bike riding, etc. If you want a great park to visit, try Fort Pickens near Pensacola, FL.

We have taken our satellite with us and sofar haven't had any problem setting it up and getting a signal.

Our next trip is from FL to New England the end of Sept. and October. Does anyone have any suggestions on nice parts between FL and New England?

Has anyone built a microwave stand to sit on top of the gas stove. We don't plan on using the gas stove and are thinking about building a small cabinet to sit on the stove and then put the microwave at eye level on top of the small stand -- what do you think?

Windbreaker
08-19-2003, 04:14 PM
Now that is not a bad idea, I haven't done it but just might in the near future. Right now I use the stove top to set a second refrigerator but it cannot be running when the microwave is so we may just have to learn to live with one.

Windbreaker
08-19-2003, 04:16 PM
Building a cabinet then setting the microwave on top of that, at eye level should cause no problems, sounds like a great idea to me. Little extra stortage to boot.

Happytrails
08-19-2003, 04:25 PM
Russ, if you guys should happen to take I81 through the state of Va, you will find MANY campgrounds all the way up it. I can't say how nice they are as we've not camped in any of them yet, but have heard the campground at Natural Bridge is really nice. We've stayed at the one at Dixie Caverns, it was ok, but noisy due to being so close to the interstate. A little further north at the intersection of I81, and I64 East, sits Rule Honda/RV in Staunton, VA(Not to be confused with I64 West). They are a TM dealer, and usually have SEVERAL models on the lot to check out if that's your thing. (They're litterally yards from the exit ramp). I'm pretty sure it's the second Staunton, Va exit though if you're headed North on I81, you may have to travel east a mile or so on I64 to get to it, not sure, but it's really not far outta your way, and might be a point of interest so to speak for you guys, especially if you have any troubles on your trip with nuts/bolts/brackets, etc. Anyway, not sure what route you'll be taking, but it does go all the way up the east coast. Anyway, hope this helps!

Happytrails........

grkman1
08-19-2003, 04:27 PM
Hi Russ-Bett

Last March during spring break we visited our son who attends Tuft's University in Boston. Of course there are not any camp sites in Boston but the nearest one we found was in Foxoboro Mass, about 1/2 way in between Providance RI and Boston. It is called Normandy Farms. It was just beautiful. They have indoor pool, jacuzzi, sauna. Check on their webstie if this is near where you are going at www.normandyfarms.com

Enjoy your trip

George

Bill
08-19-2003, 07:00 PM
Has anyone built a microwave stand to sit on top of the gas stove. We don't plan on using the gas stove and are thinking about building a small cabinet to sit on the stove and then put the microwave at eye level on top of the small stand -- what do you think?Go to the Tips and Tricks section and scroll back to a topic titled Extra Storage, started by Oilspot on August 26, 2002. He built a real nice microwave stand (with a drawer underneath) that sits in the somewhat useless gap between the wardrobe and the countertop beside the stove. Might be a better idea than putting it on top of the stove, especially since you never know when you might decide to use the stove.

Bill

Windbreaker
08-19-2003, 09:12 PM
Bill, my '02 came with one of those, I thought they were standard issue now. Did you not get one?

mjlaupp
08-20-2003, 08:17 AM
The microwave stand is an extra cost option from TM.
MJL