PDA

View Full Version : Air mattress on sofa bed leaking

nicknsandy
05-15-2011, 10:49 AM
We had planed to sleep in our new elkmont 24 with front sofa bed last night, as a trial. But the bed leaked. This morning we brought the mattress inside and found 2 small holes about 6 in from the pump controller. We went back into the trailer and found that the plywood back stop for the drawer under the bed had been screw in with sheet metal screws that were twice as long as they needed to be. They stuck out the back of the frame piece by about 3/32" and had caused the holes in the air mattress. I took my dremel and ground down the screws. I am going to contact my dealer in the morning and ask them to contact TrailManor and get resolution to fix this problem and to get a new air mattress. I will post with the results.

Beak12
05-15-2011, 05:01 PM
We had planed to sleep in our new elkmont 24 with front sofa bed last night, as a trial. But the bed leaked. This morning we brought the mattress inside and found 2 small holes about 6 in from the pump controller. We went back into the trailer and found that the plywood back stop for the drawer under the bed had been screw in with sheet metal screws that were twice as long as they needed to be. They stuck out the back of the frame piece by about 3/32" and had caused the holes in the air mattress. I took my dremel and ground down the screws. I am going to contact my dealer in the morning and ask them to contact TrailManor and get resolution to fix this problem and to get a new air mattress. I will post with the results.

This post could not have come at a better time. We have had our Elkmont 24 for about 1 year. When we first used it we had leaks-called the company that makes the bed. They said often the cap that is on the foot of the mattress is not tight. We checked and it was loose. Thought that was a fix. But this weekend we dry camped and had to use the battery air pump that came with the Elkmont--Mattress went flat at about 0100 so (45 Deg) I tried again with the battery air pump got enough air inside to sleep through the night. Have been scratching my head today -- But perhaps you have found my problems will remove the mattress and ck it and the bed frame.

Thanks again fo the heads up. :)

nicknsandy
05-16-2011, 10:38 AM
I got a reply to my email from trail manor and they took care my problem. They are sending me a new air mattress.
Thank You Ed.