PDA

View Full Version : No TM in "Camping" Magazine

Beach Boy
01-16-2011, 04:34 PM
My wife and I went to our favorite bookstore for coffee and reading. I saw the new issue of "Camping." On the front, the magazine promoted light weight travel trailers. I was eager to see if they featured TM. There was no mention of TM. Maybe the reason is that TM is not an advertiser of the magazine. As a person interested in purchasing a TM, I am very frustrated.

ShrimpBurrito
01-16-2011, 04:45 PM
As a person interested in purchasing a TM, I am very frustrated.

Why are you frustrated?

Dave

Beach Boy
01-16-2011, 07:48 PM
Why are you frustrated?

Dave

I saw my first TM three years ago at a rest stop. Read about TM's and Hi-Lo's on RV.net. Found someone in Birmingham that just recently bought an used 3023. Would like to see a 3124 sometime. I would like a company that has been in business for more than 27 years to provide a little customer service.

countrygirl
01-16-2011, 09:14 PM
Beachboy...next time you go to St. Augustine...let me know you can come see my 3124KS! I am located between St. Augustine and Jacksonville Beach Florida.

LiveTicker
01-16-2011, 09:20 PM
BeachBoy has me confused....frustrated?

First you read one of many RV/camping/outdoors magazines. There are a zillion light weight travel trailers on the market.
It didn't happen to feature a TM write up with pictures in this issue. Also TM did not choose to spend money advertizing in this issue of this magazine.
Get over it.
Is that why you are so frustrated?

Then instead of answering Dave's "Why are you frustrated?" you jump to another subject.... griping about service.

You don't even own one yet!
What lack of service? That they didn't answer your Email (from a DIFFERENT thread)?
Is it bad service that they haven't brought a 3124 out to your house for you to examine?

Go travel over to a dealer and see one. They will have more time for questions than any factory.

Beach Boy
01-17-2011, 04:12 AM
Beachboy...next time you go to St. Augustine...let me know you can come see my 3124KS! I am located between St. Augustine and Jacksonville Beach Florida.

Thank you!

Jim&Joan
01-17-2011, 10:35 AM
Yeah, unfortunately, most magazines are filled with ads that are separated with longer ads that are made to look like an article! Most articles and reviews are based on a relationship with an ad paying manufacturer.

Beach Boy
01-17-2011, 10:58 AM
Yeah, unfortunately, most magazines are filled with ads that are separated with longer ads that are made to look like an article! Most articles and reviews are based on a relationship with an ad paying manufacturer.

I agree. I think TM is the best thing since sliced bread but I would like to see more publicity, promotion, and advertising from the company. I would like to mention TM to other veteran RVers without getting the response -- what's that.

LiveTicker
01-17-2011, 01:05 PM
I would like to mention TM to other veteran RVers without getting the response -- what's that.
That can be the best part of owning one. We get to start a conversion and explain what this oragami camper does and why we love it. We have something unique in the RV industry, and people are curious.

If it was just another Winnebago most people know what it is and there is nothing else to discuss.
If it's not Winnebago, Airstream, Coleman, Jayco, etc. - then you will always get a "what's that".
I think TM is the best thing since sliced bread
That is sliced bread that pops open into french toast with marmalade.

but I would like to see more publicity, promotion, and advertising from the company.
You gotta lower your expectations. I'm sure they are spending their very limited ad budget as wisely as possible.

Unmet expectations - reasonable or unreasonable - leads to frustration.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frustration

Scott O
01-17-2011, 02:29 PM
Several years ago when we were camping in Escalante, Utah, I saw a TM briefly in the campground. I asked the owner about it as I had never seen or heard or a hard sided pop-up before. He showed me how it worked, and was gone before I could round up my wife for a demo. A web investigation filled in the blanks. Were it not for that chance encounter, I probably still would be shivering in the pop up. Would more advertising and articles and publicity be nice...sure. But they seem to be up to their necks in running the company currently, so added expense and aggravation probably isn't warranted. LiveTicker hit it on the head. Having something unique just adds to the enjoyment.

countrygirl
01-17-2011, 06:14 PM
BeachBoy

It's funny some years it seems Camping Life...will feature a Trailmanor and the next year Trailer Life will feature it in their magazine. I saved a couple of magazines those years and if I still have them I will send you a pm for your address. If you don't have a brochure I am also happy to mail you one...but it is a few years old.

I no longer seem to have those magazine. You can find them on line and also at www.trailmanor.com.

http://www.trailmanor.com/WebDocs/Misc/Info&FAQ/Tests/tests-articles.html

I did find this on their website. I had seen a post on tm owners lastyear but did not know they had begun to offer this option. This part of the SL is easy for us to open. However today I am in back pain,,,so this looks very tempting. http://www.trailmanor.com/WebDocs/whatsnew/electricslide.htm

Beach Boy
01-17-2011, 06:37 PM
BeachBoy

It's funny some years it seems Camping Life...will feature a Trailmanor and the next year Trailer Life will feature it in their magazine. I saved a couple of magazines those years and if I still have them I will send you a pm for your address. If you don't have a brochure I am also happy to mail you one...but it is a few years old.

I appreciate the thought. I am going to head up to Bankston RV in Huntsville, Al when weather permits.

Barb&Tim
01-17-2011, 06:56 PM
Beach Boy. looks like Bankston RV has more TM's to look at in Montgomery --> if their website listing is correct. Both of the 3023's and a 2720SL are in Montgomery. Probably should call them before going to either one to make sure they are still there :)

Tim

REBCAT
01-28-2011, 09:28 AM
Come on Beach Boy... Just buy my 2006 2619 and end your misery... You could be camping this weekend and we are not too far away in Alabama. We'd even set you up in a nearby State park and make sure you have everything figured out before you went on your way.

Beach Boy
01-28-2011, 02:19 PM
Come on Beach Boy... Just buy my 2006 2619 and end your misery... You could be camping this weekend and we are not too far away in Alabama. We'd even set you up in a nearby State park and make sure you have everything figured out before you went on your way.

It is a temping offer but I am looking for something bigger for my wide body.

countrygirl
01-28-2011, 05:13 PM
Beach Boy

My 3124ks is for sale. You can leave the cold...buy my camper and then camp in St. Augustine or on Anastasia Island. LIFE will be Good again!