PDA

View Full Version : Who owns Trail Manor these days?

Pat Sullivan
01-03-2011, 07:34 PM
OK, so Robert from Rose City RV (independent repair) in Portland Oregon worked with Ed from TrailManor. We were told that there were multiple areas where the sealant used at the seams was loose and popped out. TrailManor is picking up the tab for the repair.

We also got an email from Cleo (who introduced himself as a new owner of TrailManor) who seemed very interested in facilitating correction on this and other issues we've had. If we were close to the factory we'd have brought it directly to them.

We'll keep the faith that this rig is fixed. We appreciate the courteous and customer service attitude both Ed and Cleo related in working with us and Robert from Rose City RV.

BOB_STRONG
01-03-2011, 08:11 PM
So does this mean that Bill Hulsey does not own the company anymore??? Are the rest of the Hulsey family still working at the factory? Has anyone else heard about this new ownership change????

brulaz
01-04-2011, 07:27 AM
Somebody reported elsewhere on this board that a big California (?) Trailmanor dealer bought into Trailmanor. Not sure if they took it over completely or what ...

Bill
01-04-2011, 10:40 AM
I'm getting more and more confused about Rose City RV. Pat Sullivan (above) says it is an independent repair place in Oregon. And it shows up on a Google search, but as a company with only 1 employee and no web site - unlikely to have bought even a part of TM. Brulaz thinks it is a TM dealer in California. But Rose City RV's the web site says Michigan, and they don't have any TMs, new or used. Anyone got any more detail?

Bill

Barb&Tim
01-04-2011, 11:15 AM
Bill, I think you misunderstood, he did not say that Rose City RV bought into TM -- only that they were working with TM to do the repairs.

Tim

Bluegrass
01-04-2011, 12:07 PM
Also a possible confusion about Custom RV, the only dealer in California, which assumed responsibility for managing dealers in the western region for TM. IIRC, Matt from Custom RV said there was a new president who was not part of the Hulsey family but that Hulseys are still working in the company. I don't think there is any change in ownership. Just that the younger Hulseys recognized that their talents were better in engineering & manufacturing than running the firm. A smart move, IMHO.

Bill
01-04-2011, 12:12 PM
My apologies, B&T, I did misunderstand.

Bluegrass, that makes a bit more sense. As the company grows (and it is growing, unlike most of the rest of the industry), introduction of a professional management executive might be seen internally as a good move. Wonder why they didn't ask me (cough! choke! hack!)

Bill

Wavery
01-04-2011, 12:50 PM
My apologies, B&T, I did misunderstand.

Bluegrass, that makes a bit more sense. As the company grows (and it is growing, unlike most of the rest of the industry), introduction of a professional management executive might be seen internally as a good move. Wonder why they didn't ask me (cough! choke! hack!)

Bill

Bill,

Just curious where you get the info that TM "is growing, unlike most of the rest of the industry".

The reports that I have seen on this forum seem to indicate that they are downsizing and delivering far less product than in past years.

It's not a big deal but it would be nice to know that TM is growing and not downsizing.

wmtire
01-04-2011, 12:52 PM
Bill, you need to be the R & D guy, especially will all the road testing you do traveling between west and east each year. :D

Wavery
01-04-2011, 01:17 PM
I wonder if they employ companies that offer "quality control experts" to different companies like this. I would think that it would be a tremendous asset to have a fresh pair of eyes look at your quality control on a regular basis instead of having customers do that task for you.

The person wouldn't have to be part of the "RV industry or "Motorcycle" or "Toy" industry. Quality contro experts are a group of professionals that have manufacturing, engineering, design or construction background and work in a wide variety of industries. They come in, perform inspections of products during and after assembly then produce a written report.

There are quite a few members here that could qualify. Several have commented on bent gas pipes, mis-routed wiring, fit & finish and caulking issues. It isn't rocket science. The problem is commonly the monotony of the job and seeing the same product over and over. I think fresh eyes on a monthly basis by different people would be a big asset to TM and the RV Industry as a whole.

A regular company employed quality control person loses perspective after awhile. I think that job should be outsourced.

Bill
01-04-2011, 07:20 PM
Here is a partial answer to one question. More to come.

http://www.rvbusiness.com/2010/09/bob-eickhoff-named-trailmanor-ceo/

Bill

Wavery
01-04-2011, 08:35 PM
Here is a partial answer to one question. More to come.

http://www.rvbusiness.com/2010/09/bob-eickhoff-named-trailmanor-ceo/

Bill

I don't see any indication that they are "Growing" (implied as increasing sales). I just see where they may be trying to make it look like they are restructuring and trying to add new dealers (however there are many reports of losing dealers). However, it just looks to me like they are changing "Some" management. Why?????? Who knows? Did the old management quit or are they truly trying to do something about their image.

It would be interesting to see some actual production numbers. All that is said in the article is that Elkmont is now 22% of total sales. That either means that they are selling a lot of Elkmonts or they are selling a lot fewer folding trailers. 22% of what is the real question. If they are selling 6 folding trailers and 1 Elkmont........that's about 22% of sales.

I see that they are still claiming the same old message of building folding trailers that range from 26'-31' (which is not true).....that can be opened as easily as opening a car trunk (which is not true)....... and can be towed by properly equipped minivans, crossovers or sport utility vehicles (arguable at best). Seems that their marketing strategy has not changed.

Bill
01-05-2011, 08:40 AM
Bill, you need to be the R & D guy, especially will all the road testing you do traveling between west and east each year. :DI love that idea, Bobby! Maybe we could do it like the golf pros that fly into Scottsdale each winter for an endless number of tournaments. When the golfer arrives in town, the tournament loans him a car so he can get around. Then, when the tournament is over, they decide that it is easier for him to keep the car than for them to collect it, and then have to sell it as a used car.

Yeah, I could get into that!

Bill.

Bill
01-05-2011, 09:08 AM
Wayne -

That answer was for another question, asked by other members. You might look at this.

http://www.rvbusiness.com/2010/07/trailmanor-expands-alters-sales-rep-network/ I see, for example -

"TrailManor Inc. announced today (July 14) it has expanded its sales rep network to accommodate growth in its dealer base, adding two new representatives and creating a new organizational structure."

I believe that TM is a privately held company, so I doubt that they will release specific production or sales figures to either of us.

Bill

Bluegrass
01-05-2011, 09:40 AM
This is the sentence that speaks the loudest. Absolutely amazing in this industry in this economic environment:

Eickhoff noted that TrailManor has recently secured additional investment funds, giving the company some additional flexibility in moving forward.

Keith

Wavery
01-05-2011, 11:25 AM
This is the sentence that speaks the loudest. Absolutely amazing in this industry in this economic environment:

Eickhoff noted that TrailManor has recently secured additional investment funds, giving the company some additional flexibility in moving forward.

Keith

That could mean a lot of things. It could mean that they took on a partner, obtained a business loan, refinanced their property.....etc.

Doesn't tell me any more than the statement, "expanded its sales rep network to accommodate growth in its dealer base". It just tells me that they are trying to stay alive. I just hope that they succeed.

IMHO, they need to change some of their marketing strategy. Consumers are far better informed than they used to be and IMO TM is still using tactics that worked on an ignorant consumer base.

TM has a great product with genuinely unique design features. These features are not hard to point out without making statements that questions their credibility.

Bill
01-05-2011, 12:00 PM
Aside from inviting you to their board meetings and opening up their books to you, I'm not sure what you would like them to say.

Bill

ng2951
01-05-2011, 12:53 PM
There is nothing surprising or insightful in the articles. Looks like typical press releases. HarveyRV is correct that it is very difficult to determine what is going on at TM based on those press releases.

The news is that TM is still in business and a number of their competitors are not. That is interesting since their competitors were making less expensive trailers than TM.

Through 2011, we may see another fall out of manufacturers as fuel prices move possibly over $3.75/gallon near spring's end. Add to that a possible second recession (which is what happened the last time fuel prices went that high) and if TM has done it right, they might be the last man standing.

My take is TM needs to really iron out the problems in the Elkmont line and fix customer service. With the Internet these days, you just cannot keep problems quiet. It is better to acknowledge them and correct them immediately so potential customers do not go elsewhere...

Bluegrass
01-05-2011, 03:46 PM
That could mean a lot of things. It could mean that they took on a partner, obtained a business loan, refinanced their property.....etc.

Doesn't tell me any more than the statement, "expanded its sales rep network to accommodate growth in its dealer base". It just tells me that they are trying to stay alive. I just hope that they succeed.

I don't know squat about techie stuff on trailers. But I've analyzed a zillion business plans and sense that what is going on with TM is a new business plan that required additional capital. Here's my take, reading between the lines of the press releases:

Additional investment means someone either loaned them a bunch of money or became a partner. "Refinancing their property" wouldn't be considered "additional investment." In any case "additional investment" means that someone took a hard look at their business plan and had enough confidence in it to give them money.

I coupled that with a new president, the hiring of additional sales reps, and efforts to expand the dealer network as likely parts of the business plan that required the additional capital. That, of course, doesn't mean their business is growing. But it does mean that they are not doing the same old thing hoping things will improve. I like the fact that they are being aggressive as the nation is coming out of a recession and are willing to gamble (especially with other people's money) to try to grow the business.

I agree with you that they have a great product, apparently with attractive margins for dealers, all of which could be very positive if they can execute on their plans to reach more dealers. Having a great product that practically no one knows about or can easily access, which is their current condition, means you'll never grow and probably fail in the long run.

Good business plans, of course, are one thing but being able to execute on the plan is quite another. Whether they can execute, remains to be seen.

My look into the crystal ball.

Keith

Wavery
01-05-2011, 04:14 PM
Additional investment means someone either loaned them a bunch of money or became a partner. "Refinancing their property" wouldn't be considered "additional investment."

Keith
That depends. Most older, family owned companies like this own the property that the business operates from. However, that property is seldom held in the companies name. It is usually an independent LLC (also owned by the family) and that LLC rents the property to the company.

It is common in times of cash-flow problems for the LLC to refinance the owned land and invest the proceeds in the company. This could account for the companies statement, "TrailManor has recently secured additional investment funds".

I'm not saying that is what is going on here nor is it my business. I just thought that I would explain my comment about "Refinancing their property".

If I were to invest any $ in that company, I would make a lot more changes, more rapidly than it appears is happening from this press release. I would demand a total reorganization.

There are a lot of us here that have more insight into their product than they seem to have. They may build them but we use them. If they don't have someone reading this forum on a daily basis, there is something terribly wrong. This forum could be a tremendous asset for them. The one thing that convinces me that they do not take this forum seriously is the fact that they have done nothing to improve the toilet situation on the folding trailers. That seems to be the #1 complaint about these trailers and there is enough said about them to convince me that potential buyers may be shying away due to this issue.

If the powers to be think that potential buyers of new trailer are not reading this forum, they are sadly mistaken IMO. It's the people that do not post on this forum that are the ones that TM needs to be concerned about.

Do you want to know what makes Ford the only successful auto manufacture left in this country? It's because they advertise honestly, they take pride in their product, they listen to their customers and they change when change is needed. More than that, Ford customers are loyal because they recognize all that.

I worked for GM for too many years. I left the company because they didn't take customers seriously, they over stated their product (which they didn't have to do......they had a good product) and they were too slow to react to the market. That's why it disturbs me to see much of the same with TM. Honesty and integrity are everything these days, that's what separates the winners from the losers.

PopBeavers
01-05-2011, 11:18 PM
T
The one thing that convinces me that they do not take this forum seriously is the fact that they have done nothing to improve the toilet situation on the folding trailers. That seems to be the #1 complaint about these trailers and there is enough said about them to convince me that potential buyers may be shying away due to this issue.

I completely agree. I would really like to have a toilet that uses less water and has a larger storage capacity.

There is no odor problem for me. Just a capacity problem. My solution is the blue tote, but I wish I did not have to deal with that. I have no use for hookups.

Some of the relatively recent design changes at the factory apparently started out as user mods, documented here. Converting the square wheel well to be round comes to mind. Others are just slipping my mind. It would appear that the factory reads these at least some of the time.

Wavery
01-06-2011, 05:09 PM
I completely agree. I would really like to have a toilet that uses less water and has a larger storage capacity.

There is no odor problem for me. Just a capacity problem. My solution is the blue tote, but I wish I did not have to deal with that. I have no use for hookups.

Some of the relatively recent design changes at the factory apparently started out as user mods, documented here. Converting the square wheel well to be round comes to mind. Others are just slipping my mind. It would appear that the factory reads these at least some of the time.

I don't have a "Problem" with the recirculating toilet myself. My wife isn't too thrilled about it and we have had guests that have given us the "EEEEW" factor comments (doesn't make us feel real good).

It is probably the most talked about item on this forum (as far as TM amenities go).

If you go to any of the Pop-up forums, there is hardly ever a negative comment about "Toilets" in general. Most of those are either porta-potties or cassette toilets. People tend to tolerate porta-potties but love their cassette toilets (from what I've heard and read).

I have never heard of a recirc toilet in any other RV. I have heard that they are used in boats. I've been on a LOT of boats (I was a boat Delivery Captain for several years) and never seen one. I would NEVER consider installing one on a boat unless it was a barge or something.

I understand the logic behind them but as far as an asset to the marketability of the fold-down TMs.....forget it. I think that a cassette toilet or RV toilet with holding tank would be a huge improvement. I know that there are weight and water storage issues with both systems but this recirc toilet is not appealing to the marketability of these trailers......IMO.

scrubjaysnest
01-06-2011, 05:18 PM
.................snip.

If you go to any of the Pop-up forums, there is hardly ever a negative comment about "Toilets" in general. Most of those are either porta-potties or cassette toilets. People end to tolerate porta-potties but love their cassette toilets................snip.........
Didn't have this in the pop-up and DW sure likes the TM recirc over the 5 gallon bucket and shovel we had with the pop-up:)

Wavery
01-06-2011, 06:18 PM
Didn't have this in the pop-up and DW sure likes the TM recirc over the 5 gallon bucket and shovel we had with the pop-up:)

Well ya!!!! there is that.....:p

Like I said, I don't have an issue with it but a LOT of people do :new_argue.

It just seems like TM likes making trailers the way that they have made them for 30-years and are resistant to design change. That's exactly the same bathroom that they were building in 1987 or whenever it was.

B_and_D
01-06-2011, 06:49 PM
We had one in our cabover camper, but it had a black water tank (but no grey water tank, go figure) so it gave us plenty of capacity. Having a black water tank would be nice, even a small one.

TrailGuy77
01-06-2011, 08:26 PM
Correct me if I am wrong,I think Bob Eickhoff is the father of Scott Eickhoff of Custom RV in Anaheim,Ca.Scott is a great guy and he and Matt are a pleasure to deal with!

Shandysplace
01-07-2011, 07:11 AM
We took delivery of or Elkmont 26 in late October and Scott and Garrett (Matt's brother) at Custom RV did a great job installing our batteries, remote scissor system, and some warranty issues. Hopefully, the Eichoff and Thacker families can breath some new life into TM, particularly in the area of QC.

cochise
01-07-2011, 06:09 PM
Correct me if I am wrong,I think Bob Eickhoff is the father of Scott Eickhoff of Custom RV in Anaheim,Ca.Scott is a great guy and he and Matt are a pleasure to deal with!

Yes Scott is the son of Bob Eickhoff. Actually Bob used to own Custom RV but sold to his son and Matt Thacker. Matt is the registered President, Treasurer and Secretary of the Nevada Corporation that now owns Custom RV. And Cleo is actually Bob's wife.

But there is way more to all of this.

Bluegrass
01-07-2011, 07:04 PM
But there is way more to all of this.

I sense this is the new investor.

cochise
01-08-2011, 10:22 AM
I sense this is the new investor.

You are so right,but only one of them...And he is very serious about turning the company around, especially improving quality!

Shandysplace
01-19-2011, 07:26 AM
This from the January issue of The Tidings (newsletter for TrailBlazer members):

TrailManor Introduces Electric Slide-out Option

TrailManor now has an electric slide-out option for its slide out trailer models.

The new system is available for folding TrailManor models from 27 to 31 feet and helps owners set up almost effortlessly in a matter of minutes.

TrailManor Expands International Business, Reports Largest Order Backlog Since 2007

Not only is TrailManor's domestic business seeing an upturn as the economy recovers, but the company is now shipping products to Asia and Europe.

TrailManor Names Eickoff as CEO

The Board of Directors of TrailManor has elected Bob Eickhoff as Chief Executive Officer replacing Mike Garrison, who had been serving as interim CEO.

Eickhoff has worked for TrailManor for 16 years, serving as Regional Sales Manager and, most recently, as Director of International Sales. He will now take on responsibility for growing the 27-year old company, which is recognized both for its lightweight trailers and its innovative marketing efforts.

Join TrailManor on Facebook

If you're on Facebook, click the 'like' button TrailManor to see the latest news and connect to other TrailManor owners. Just search "TrailManor" and you'll find us. We're up over 500 fans, and will be posting rally dates, sales events, new products and sneak previews there for TrailManor enthusiasts.

Reminders: Customer Service

For parts orders, contact Eddie Loving at 1-800-707-7061 or emial [email protected]. For Customer Services questions or appointments, call Ed Lytle or email [email protected]. Our office hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm (Eastern Time) Monday through Friday.

Beach Boy
01-19-2011, 09:19 AM
This from the January issue of The Tidings (newsletter for TrailBlazer members):

TrailManor Introduces Electric Slide-out Option

TrailManor now has an electric slide-out option for its slide out trailer models.

The new system is available for folding TrailManor models from 27 to 31 feet and helps owners set up almost effortlessly in a matter of minutes.

TrailManor Expands International Business, Reports Largest Order Backlog Since 2007

Not only is TrailManor's domestic business seeing an upturn as the economy recovers, but the company is now shipping products to Asia and Europe.

TrailManor Names Eickoff as CEO

The Board of Directors of TrailManor has elected Bob Eickhoff as Chief Executive Officer replacing Mike Garrison, who had been serving as interim CEO.

Eickhoff has worked for TrailManor for 16 years, serving as Regional Sales Manager and, most recently, as Director of International Sales. He will now take on responsibility for growing the 27-year old company, which is recognized both for its lightweight trailers and its innovative marketing efforts.

Join TrailManor on Facebook

If you're on Facebook, click the 'like' button TrailManor to see the latest news and connect to other TrailManor owners. Just search "TrailManor" and you'll find us. We're up over 500 fans, and will be posting rally dates, sales events, new products and sneak previews there for TrailManor enthusiasts.

Reminders: Customer Service

For parts orders, contact Eddie Loving at 1-800-707-7061 or emial [email protected]. For Customer Services questions or appointments, call Ed Lytle or email [email protected]. Our office hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm (Eastern Time) Monday through Friday.

I guess that a private company can have a board of directors. TM is still a private company -- right?

cochise
01-19-2011, 09:20 AM
.... Hulseys are still working in the company. I don't think there is any change in ownership. Just that the younger Hulseys recognized that their talents were better in engineering & manufacturing than running the firm. A smart move, IMHO.

If that is so [their talents were better in engineering & manufacturing] than why all these flaws in the trailers they build? If they are so talented in "engineering and manufacturing" I would think that they would long since have corrected the problems. Just my thoughts.

cochise
01-19-2011, 09:27 AM
I guess that a private company can have a board of directors. TM is still a private company -- right?

Yes to both your questions. But as stated earlier there is more to this than what meets the eye.

Beak12
01-19-2011, 11:19 AM
[COLOR="SeaGreen"][/COTrailManor Expands International Business, Reports Largest Order Backlog Since 2007

LOR]

I was at Custom RV two weeks ago and Matt had a TM that was being sent to the docks to be shipped to China. And 3 more on the wait list. I think Custom had a order for 10.

Wavery
01-19-2011, 02:17 PM
[COLOR="SeaGreen"][/COTrailManor Expands International Business, Reports Largest Order Backlog Since 2007

LOR]

I was at Custom RV two weeks ago and Matt had a TM that was being sent to the docks to be shipped to China. And 3 more on the wait list. I think Custom had a order for 10.

I hope that they have better luck translating their Owners Manual into Chinese than the Chinese do translating theirs to English. :p

Virginia Deacon
01-19-2011, 02:28 PM
The majority of problems I've had with my TrailManor were not engineering problems; they were quality control problems. And, IMHO, TrailManor needs to fix that problem immediately, if they are to remain competitive. If they don't, it won't take long for word to get around that owners' will need to play Mr. Fixit more than necessary from wear and tear.

The roof leak I had was definitely an engineering problem; others have experienced the same unacceptable problem. And, we shouldn't have to tow it to the factory for professional repair/replacement.

I've never been able to confirm that any customer service rep or TrailManor exec has ever read this forum; here's where their customer base is, and the customer base will either talk up or talk down TrailManors, when other campers ask about the product. What a shame that TM doesn't appear to care now; there was a time when they did care.

TravlinOn
01-19-2011, 02:53 PM
...I've never been able to confirm that any customer service rep or TrailManor exec has ever read this forum; here's where their customer base is, and the customer base will either talk up or talk down TrailManors, when other campers ask about the product. What a shame that TM doesn't appear to care now; there was a time when they did care.

Here is confirmation that Ed Lyttle, Customer Service, TM, has read this forum. I wrote an email to ask if my 2008 TM 3326King has factory installed "lifts" because I was considering a conversion to 15in tires. Here is his response :

Hi,

Attached is some tire information.

You should be just fine with new 14" tires on your 3326. You may want to check out 14" tires that have a higher ply rating. [B]Some of this info came from the owners web site www.trailmanorowners.com

15" would require a lift kit installed on each axle to raise the frame approximately 2 1/2"

If your current 14" tires have served you well, news ones would have an excellent chance to do the same.

Hope this helps.

I owned a Dutchman trailer a few years back and was satisfied, but that trailer, as most do, had some issues also that I had to work on, but I never found an address for me to write someone at their factory and expect to get a response.

It's posted above that TM is now selling TM's to China. My guess is that in a couple of years, people in the US will be able to purchase Chinese ripoffs with TM's design features. Somehow, I doubt that the quality will be better ;) .

Wavery
01-19-2011, 03:23 PM
It's posted above that TM is now selling TM's to China. My guess is that in a couple of years, people in the US will be able to purchase Chinese ripoffs with TM's design features. Somehow, I doubt that the quality will be better ;) .
That's funny.....that was my exact thought when I heard that they were sending TMs to China.

Barb&Tim
01-19-2011, 04:36 PM
That's funny.....that was my exact thought when I heard that they were sending TMs to China.

My thought also! :)

Tim

joshbw
01-19-2011, 05:56 PM
And the funny thing is they will ship them here and people will line up to buy them just like the China and Japan made cars. Too bad more people don't support the American economy...but at least we are exporting some TM's!!!

countrygirl
01-19-2011, 06:50 PM
I hope that they have better luck translating their Owners Manual into Chinese than the Chinese do translating theirs to English. :p

LOVE it!!! ROFL!!!

countrygirl
01-19-2011, 06:53 PM
Here is confirmation that Ed Lyttle, Customer Service, TM, has read this forum. I wrote an email to ask if my 2008 TM 3326King has factory installed "lifts" because I was considering a conversion to 15in tires. Here is his response [bold emphasis is mine]:

I owned a Dutchman trailer a few years back and was satisfied, but that trailer, as most do, had some issues also that I had to work on, but I never found an address for me to write someone at their factory and expect to get a response.

I thought of that last night....maybe we will see these at the Dollar Store in the future.

Wavery
01-19-2011, 08:00 PM
And the funny thing is they will ship them here and people will line up to buy them just like the China and Japan made cars. Too bad more people don't support the American economy...but at least we are exporting some TM's!!!
Ya!!!!! That's what Rolex said about their watches a few years back. :p

gerrym51
01-25-2011, 11:12 AM
I sent trailmanor and e-mail three months ago asking a question. still no response

Barb&Tim
01-25-2011, 11:28 AM
I sent trailmanor and e-mail three months ago asking a question. still no response

sometime email can be unreliable what with the need for spam filters and all -- so it's possible no one ever saw it -- I would try again :)

Tim

Shandysplace
01-25-2011, 02:34 PM
It is extremely unlikely that Ed Lytle, responsible for Customer Service at TM, would ever let an e-mail go unanswered. His e-mail address is [email protected]. Quite often we've been able to talk to him on the phone. He has never failed to return a VM we've left if he wasn't available at the time. 800-707-7061.

kempert
01-25-2011, 04:07 PM
I completely agree with what Sharon & Andy posted above!

cochise
01-26-2011, 11:42 AM
sometime email can be unreliable what with the need for spam filters and all -- so it's possible no one ever saw it -- I would try again :)

Tim
If you send emails with a request for a "read receipt" they will not got to spam or be filtered out. Besides you will also know when they have read it.

This is the simplest way. Some email programs have more features, such as both a receipt for delivery and read receipt.

Barb&Tim
01-26-2011, 12:20 PM
If you send emails with a request for a "read receipt" they will not got to spam or be filtered out. Besides you will also know when they have read it.

This is the simplest way. Some email programs have more features, such as both a receipt for delivery and read receipt.

I wish it were that simple. :)

Yes, some email clients (outlook for one) have that feature, but it is a "request" and does not guarantee the the recipient (or the recipient's email software) will actually honor that request.

Generally speaking, I am thinking that read receipts are only useful within an organization where all employees/members are using the same email service and application.

:) Now, if the USPS can ever figure out how to charge for email, i am sure they will offer this as a reliable feature ( at a charge of course) :) :)

Tim

mcgyver210
01-26-2011, 01:07 PM
I wish it were that simple. :)

:) Now, if the USPS can ever figure out how to charge for email, i am sure they will offer this as a reliable feature ( at a charge of course) :) :)

Tim

Bite your Tongue USPS is failing so bad they have hinted at trying to take over e-mail saying they could regulate spam by charging per email. They blame email for their declining revenue instead of their lousy customer service & ridiculous rising cost.

scrubjaysnest
01-26-2011, 02:41 PM
Bite your Tongue USPS is failing so bad they have hinted at trying to take over e-mail saying they could regulate spam by charging per email. They blame email for their declining revenue instead of their lousy customer service & ridiculous rising cost.

Our mail service is a box 2 miles from the house, or the contract substation 6 miles away. If they go through with shutting down the 16000 post offices they are thinking about wonder how we will get anything shipped in. UPS, Fed-Ex, and DHL areadly refuse to deliver to us...they leave the package at the post office!!!!!!!!!!!!!:new_all_c