PDA

View Full Version : may I ask why?

flashpoint
01-04-2011, 09:05 PM
why was my topic moved? " adding a walk in closet to your trailmanor". Not only do I not understand but it was apparently moved to an area that I am not allowed to see or post in...really?????

B_and_D
01-04-2011, 09:44 PM
I don't know. If you're a site sponsor you should have access to the whole board.

Bill, do you have any ideas?

ng2951
01-05-2011, 07:01 AM
There are comments in the board saying the new spam filter might need a little tuning. You might send Bill a note about it/

scrubjaysnest
01-05-2011, 08:07 AM
The thread is still there so a note to "Bill" is in order I think.

Bill
01-05-2011, 08:22 AM
Flashpoint -

This has nothing to do with the new anti-spam tools. Sadly, you have allowed your 30 days free trial to expire without signing up as a Sponsor. You can see how to sign up, and why, by going to the front door of the Board www.trailmanorowners.com and clicking the link for Sponsorship.

I'm sure you noticed, back in November, that the apparent size of the Board suddenly got much smaller. This is when you lost access to all the technical forums, such as Plumbing, Electrical, Appliances, Boondocking, Solar Power, Towing Rigs, and so forth. This Board does not bug you or hassle you about this event, as most Boards do. It is assumed that if you like the Board, you will sign up - and if you don't, hassling you won't change that.

As for your thread re the closet, I left it in the place where you posted it for several days, as I usually do. This gave you a chance to see the responses, but then I moved it to its proper place.

Bill

flashpoint
01-05-2011, 11:35 AM
Bill,
First off,thank you for your response. I am aware that the board limits your access to certain topics after a trial period. I was not aware that participation and contributions to the board are also dependant on a membership. The topic I posted was well recieved by many people. It's unfortunate that I will be unable to see or answer questions about my upgrades in the future. Now I know. Happy camping!

PopBeavers
01-05-2011, 11:46 AM
Bill,
First off,thank you for your response. I am aware that the board limits your access to certain topics after a trial period. I was not aware that participation and contributions to the board are also dependant on a membership. The topic I posted was well recieved by many people. It's unfortunate that I will be unable to see or answer questions about my upgrades in the future. Now I know. Happy camping!

Since around January 2005, I have learned something useful almost every day. Some of it I almost remember. All of it is search-able. This is well worth the dollar a month cost. I joined before I purchased the TM.

No one is getting rich from the fee. It just covers most of the administration cost.

I gave up using RV.net because there was way too many politics occurring, and head bashing. Although it was free, it was intolerable.

ThePair
01-05-2011, 12:26 PM
flashpoint, I totally get where you're coming from. That being said, this is the only board I have ever paid to be a member, and I will continue to do so, because the value is certainly above and beyond anything I've seen anywhere else, for any other thing.

A big statement, yes, but it is well worth the investment, IMO :)

Hope to see you around!

Joseph
01-05-2011, 02:54 PM
Hey Flashpoint, I have saved much more than the membership fee by joining up. The savings are in time and money. There is a ton of information here to make your TM more enjoyable. Join up! :D

Wavery
01-05-2011, 04:52 PM
Hey Flashpoint, I have saved much more than the membership fee by joining up. The savings are in time and money. There is a ton of information here to make your TM more enjoyable. Join up! :D

Man!!!! I've had just the opposite experience.........joining this forum has cost me a fortune. It is just packed with ideas for the TM owner....... I've had a lot of fun completing most of the mods that I have read about here.......I probably would have a lot more $ if I didn't know about them though......:p

mcgyver210
01-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Bill,

As bill said the post has just been moved to the proper area as he always does when a post is in the incorrect area. Bill didn't do this as a punishment for you not being a paid sponsor.

I can tell you as long as I have a TM I will most likely continue with paid membership & I really have to see a value since I wont even pay for a membership to a board to do with my business.

VBulletin isn't a free board software so someone has to pay for it along with the time administering it. There actually is allot of work in running a board I know from first hand experience. Now I don't know the statistics on how many of us pay & don't but from the just watching the regular contributors I doubt anyone is getting rich on the membership.

ThePair
01-06-2011, 07:23 AM
Man!!!! I've had just the opposite experience.........joining this forum has cost me a fortune. It is just packed with ideas for the TM owner....... I've had a lot of fun completing most of the mods that I have read about here.......I probably would have a lot more $ if I didn't know about them though......:p

Truer words were never spoken!

That said, I know my enjoyment of the TM has been vastly improved by the ideas I've used, so again, value++ :)

Joseph
01-06-2011, 08:45 AM
man!!!! I've had just the opposite experience.........joining this forum has cost me a fortune. It is just packed with ideas for the tm owner....... I've had a lot of fun completing most of the mods that i have read about here.......i probably would have a lot more $ if i didn't know about them though......:p

lol! :)

rumbleweed
01-06-2011, 12:25 PM
Actually this forum could be the cause for many the tire blow outs. If it were not for all the great ideas and "MUST HAVE" stuff posted on this forum, our TM's would not be over weight and stressing the tires.

moaboy
01-08-2011, 04:08 PM
I have to agree with Harvey. Unfortunately I enjoy this site, so I spend time -too much some would suggest- on it. Plus I miss the experience of "learning the hard way" by learning in advance about issues and potential problems. Since it is cold and snowy in PA, I can't spend time in my TM so at least I can read about the experiences of others-like Mr. Geek's cold weather story in Utah. Anyway, annual cost is not much more than the price of a movie ticket and this forum is at times as entertaining as going to a show. Can't wait till Spring....