PDA

View Full Version : They do exist - TM sightings 2011

Bill
01-01-2011, 12:24 PM
The original "TM Sightings" thread was started in 1993 by ColoradoCop, one of our best contributors but now gone by the wayside. In those days, TMs were uncommon, and seeing one on the road or in a campground was a rare treat. Can you imagine how long ago that was, and all that has happened in the meantime? It has been a lot of fun, but the thread got unwieldy enough that it made sense to retire the old one and start a new one every year.

Wayne (PopBeavers) reminded me, so here it is. Keep those reports coming, folks!

Bill

HIKERZ
01-03-2011, 08:46 AM
While camping at Vilano Beach (Florida) over the New Years we saw a couple out on their first trip with their new to them 08-3124-

Beach Boy
01-03-2011, 09:05 AM
While camping at Vilano Beach (Florida) over the New Years we saw a couple out on their first trip with their new to them 08-3124-

I googled Vilano Beach. Looks like a great location. Where did you stay?

PopBeavers
01-03-2011, 04:46 PM
Hikerz should get some sort of prize for spotting the first TM of the year.

Sorta like the first baby born each new year.

:o

B_and_D
01-03-2011, 07:34 PM
How about one of those nifty, blue, insulated TrailManor zippered cold packs that we gave out for prizes at the West Coast rallies? I'm sure someone here has more than one that they'd be glad do donate....

I only have one and I treasure it dearly, otherwise I'd donate mine ;).

Besides being useful as a cold pack, you can also wear them as hats.

countrygirl
01-03-2011, 07:42 PM
How about one of those nifty, blue, insulated TrailManor zippered cold packs that we gave out for prizes at the West Coast rallies? I'm sure someone here has more than one that they'd be glad do donate....

I only have one and I treasure it dearly, otherwise I'd donate mine ;).

Besides being useful as a cold pack, you can also wear them as hats.

LOL...Lets see a pic of you wearing it as a hat. ROFL!

countrygirl
01-03-2011, 08:09 PM
I googled Vilano Beach. Looks like a great location. Where did you stay?

That is just down the road from where we live. Vilano Beach is lovely. My brother in law and his family live in Vilano Beach. There is only one campground there. It is located across the street (Highway A1A) from the ocean. It is a short walk and I think there is an overhead cross over fairly close to the campground. The campgound that is there is North Beach Campground. I have never camped there as it is too close to home...and I can go to the beach any day and every day if I wish to. It is less then 4 miles to the ocean for me. I have heard that it is hard to get a spot at that campground because reservations are made years in advance...I have never confirmed that though because I have no need to.

The other side/backside of the campground I believe is on the Intercoastal waterway aka ICW. Their website states that it is on the river front and that they have have river front sites.

Here is a link for the campground: http://northbeachcamp.com/index.html

When we owned our Outback 30 RLS and I was a member of the site Outbackers.com I read that some people camped right on the beach. Driving was permitted on the beach in St. Augustine at that time but I don't know if it still is.

There are several great seafood restraunts in the area.

B_and_D
01-03-2011, 08:22 PM
LOL...Lets see a pic of you wearing it as a hat. ROFL!

It wasn't me...and I didn't have my camera...this was one of those special moments that only happen at TM rallies!

HIKERZ
01-04-2011, 01:14 PM
It's actually fairly easy to get a site there. Maybe because of cost. But it is full hookups including cable. There is also a heated pool, spa, shuffleboard etc. If you fish, there is the Tolomato River (that is what the intercoastal is called at that location), ocean and a pier about 4 miles south.

scrubjaysnest
01-09-2011, 04:52 PM
After Christmas on our way to the gulf we thought we spotted a TM. On the way home sure enough there it was...maybe a 3124, double bunks for sure. Had simple orange graphics.......oh and lots of moss hanging from it. Didn't know there was one that close to the house.

Beach Boy
01-09-2011, 05:17 PM
That is just down the road from where we live. Vilano Beach is lovely. My brother in law and his family live in Vilano Beach. There is only one campground there. It is located across the street (Highway A1A) from the ocean. It is a short walk and I think there is an overhead cross over fairly close to the campground. The campgound that is there is North Beach Campground. I have never camped there as it is too close to home...and I can go to the beach any day and every day if I wish to. It is less then 4 miles to the ocean for me. I have heard that it is hard to get a spot at that campground because reservations are made years in advance...I have never confirmed that though because I have no need to.

The other side/backside of the campground I believe is on the Intercoastal waterway aka ICW. Their website states that it is on the river front and that they have have river front sites.

Here is a link for the campground: http://northbeachcamp.com/index.html

When we owned our Outback 30 RLS and I was a member of the site Outbackers.com I read that some people camped right on the beach. Driving was permitted on the beach in St. Augustine at that time but I don't know if it still is.

There are several great seafood restraunts in the area.

I really like the drive along A1A from Jacksonville to St. Augustine. St. Augustine has been a favorite of mine ever since I was a teenager in the 70's. My wife and I were in St. Augustine during Christmas. The Bridge of Lions was covered in white lights. Something that I want to see again.

When I get my TM, I am going to check out the above campground. Thanks.

HIKERZ
01-11-2011, 09:59 AM
fort clinch state park is nice - not at the beach camping area but at the river camping area-depending upon when you go they stage civil war re-enactments-depending on who you are "fer or agin" you can time your visit for a happy outcome to the "battle"

Beach Boy
01-11-2011, 11:26 AM
If the winners are not gray, I will stay away. :)

HIKERZ
01-12-2011, 07:27 AM
Just watch the calendar-they win half the time.

Patrice
01-15-2011, 11:16 AM
I was on my way home yesterday from picking my TM up at the factory. I had just had a tune up completed. By the way, Ed is great (TM service). Anyway, pulling my TM home (northbound on I-75), I spotted a TM going South on I-75 near London, KY. Looked like a 2010 or 2011 either a 2720 or 2619. I just wish I was heading South!

B_and_D
01-18-2011, 09:47 AM
We saw a TrailManor, I think it was a 2619, at Pismo Coast RV Park over the MLK weekend. We saw it from across the creek that runs along the north side of the park, but we weren't staying there so we weren't able to drive in and say Hi (security gate). The tow vehicle was gone. It looked fairly new.

We stayed at the Pismo Sands RV Park where the September rally is going to be held and were very happy with it. The grounds are immaculate, as are the pool and spa. The clubhouse looks nice too, but we could only peek in the windows.

scrubjaysnest
01-26-2011, 12:23 PM
To windy to fish today, ran errands instead. About 5 miles south of Perry Fl here comes a TM headed north on US 98 one of the 2720 models? since I didn't see the propane tanks standing up.

Wavery
01-26-2011, 02:54 PM
We saw a 2008 2720 at Doheny CG in Dana Point CA this weekend. Nice couple with 4 kids. They love their TM (bought new). We visited theirs and they visited ours.

knoxjere
02-05-2011, 08:44 PM
We camped in the Everglades from 1/19-1/31. While there we saw two TMs. Met both owners, Yogi-Corgi (site sponsor), owner of a 3124KS and the Harrison's from South Carolina, a 2720SL owner (not a forum member). Enjoyed conversations and sharing hints with both!

T and C
02-10-2011, 09:04 PM
In the last two weeks I stayed for 8 nights in the Cactus Country rv park near Tucson, AZ. After a couple of days a 2619 showed up in one of the sites. I went over and said hi.

They were Mike and Meg from near Boulder, Colo. They boondock and ride bikes. The TV was a 2006 Tundra V8. They had a Yamaha 3000 generator so they weren't worried about having enough juice.

I told them about this forum so they might show up one of these days.

Tom

Wavery
02-21-2011, 04:43 PM
There were 2 TrailManors at Lake Casitas, CA this weekend.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/wkavery/DSC04373.jpg

HarveyRV in front Muddog behind.......waiting for the dump station....:cool:

OneMoBear
02-21-2011, 04:52 PM
I've been around you guys too long . . . Muddog looks a little low in the front to me . . .

Malinda

countrygirl
02-21-2011, 06:59 PM
There were 2 TrailManors at Lake Casitas, CA this weekend.
HarveyRV in front Muddog behind.......waiting for the dump station....:cool:

That is a cool photo!

ELM-JLM
02-23-2011, 07:39 AM
Hi All,
We are new to TrailManor and have yet to sign up. While on our third trip with our "08" 2619 at Hillsborough State Park, in Florida, We saw two 2720's that were identical to ours! In fact Jim rode up on his bike and thought someone had moved his trailer! We visited with Jim & Gina that evening and showed off a few mod's and took note of theirs. Gina is a site sponsor but I don't remember her nick! They tow with a Jeep Liberty so many of you will know who I am talking about! They are Great People and we enjoyed meeting them! The other couple were from Ohio. We only spoke for a few minutes so don't remember names.

I will soon become a sponsor! The forum is fun reading and informative! I am in need of more technical support and know I can get it here!

Thanks for many hours of reading & entertainment,

Earl & Joan
"08" 2619 w/all the options, just added 15" wheels & Maxxis load range D tires
"09" GMC Sierra 1500

REBCAT
02-23-2011, 06:59 PM
ELM-JLM

Glad to hear you have a Trailmanor. Have you considered joining the Trailblazers camping club ? You would be members of the Dixie Chapter since you live in FL. If you want any info email me at [email protected].

Bob & Cathy

ELM-JLM
02-28-2011, 08:03 PM
We'll think about it REBCAT. Thanks for asking!

TravlinOn
03-01-2011, 07:04 AM
ELM-JLM

Glad to hear you have a Trailmanor. Have you considered joining the Trailblazers camping club ? You would be members of the Dixie Chapter since you live in FL. If you want any info email me at [email protected].

Bob & Cathy

Looking in the Archives here, I don't see much mention recently for the Dixie Chapter, Trailblazers. Are they still active?

Bill
03-01-2011, 08:44 AM
Jim and Anita -

Remember that TrailBlazers is a separate organization from this forum - a mistake that is occasionally made by new members as they sign up. I just looked up the latest newsletter, the Tidings, and Dixie seems to be well-represented.

Bill

REBCAT
03-01-2011, 10:54 AM
Yes the Dixie Chapter is still active. As stated Trailblazers is different from the Trailmanor forum.
Trailblazers is a club of Trailmanor owners (and former owners). We have chapters throughout the country.
We (my wife and I) are the current directors of the Dixie Chapter and have an upcoming rally in Charleston SC. We also have other rallies planned.
You can get membership form on the Trailmanor site.
If I can answer any other questions feel free to ask.

Bob & Cathy

TravlinOn
03-02-2011, 08:20 AM
Thanks. I will find the form and make use of it.

Charleston, SC is one of my favorite places although I have never camped there. When much younger (much earlier in the previous century), I sometimes dated in Charleston. In those days, no alcoholic beverages were permitted to be sold on Sunday anywhere, but I soon learned that in at least at some of the better Italian restaurants in Charleston, if one ordered "a cup of tea" with the meal, the "tea" would be served in a cup but would be red and taste like chianti. :)

Perhaps we will see you there.

TravlinOn
03-02-2011, 09:06 AM
Hi Rebcat, check you email for one from me. Thanks.
TravlinOn

scrubjaysnest
03-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Spotted a TM today, setup at the Ocklawaha outpost in Eureka. Wonder if it was from St Augustine down for the bow shoot this weekend?

OneMoBear
03-05-2011, 05:59 PM
Sure did see a lot of TMs at the RV show in Denver today! :p I think it's the most I have ever seen The Car Show have at a show.

Malinda

countrygirl
03-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Spotted a TM today, setup at the Ocklawaha outpost in Eureka. Wonder if it was from St Augustine down for the bow shoot this weekend?

Hi ScrubJay...it was not us....we stayed at the on FWC Conservation Center on 342 between Salt Brings and Ocala. I heard there is a Campground on the other side of the Lake and we may drive down in the next few weeks just to check it out.

We had great weather for the archery tournament will only a few sprinkles. Co you know the name of the campground that I am describing?

scrubjaysnest
03-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Hi ScrubJay...it was not us....we stayed at the on FWC Conservation Center on 342 between Salt Brings and Ocala. I heard there is a Campground on the other side of the Lake and we may drive down in the next few weeks just to check it out.

We had great weather for the archery tournament will only a few sprinkles. Co you know the name of the campground that I am describing?
That would be Lake Eaton unless I'm mistaken. Best way in is off 314A

04-27-2011, 09:22 AM
I met a gentleman at the Moccasin Creek campground this past weekend with the same make and model as mine. He even has the same first name, but I forgot to ask his forum name. Anyway, Mike, if you see this post it was very nice to meet you. I had every intention of visiting more with you and meeting your family, but, unfortunately, I came down with a stomach virus Saturday afternoon and spent the rest of the weekend hugging the old Aqua Magic.
Hope to meet you on the road again one day.

04-27-2011, 09:24 AM
I met a gentleman at the Moccasin Creek campground this past weekend with the same make and model as mine. He even has the same first name, but I forgot to ask his forum name. Anyway, Mike, if you see this post it was very nice to meet you. I had every intention of visiting more with you and meeting your family, but, unfortunately, I came down with a stomach virus Saturday afternoon and spent the rest of the weekend hugging the old Aqua Magic.
Hope to meet you on the road again one day.

That would be Moccasin Creek State Park near Helen, Ga

kije19
04-27-2011, 11:43 AM
While camped at Bahia Honda SP (Florida Keys) earlier this month, another TM with Maine plates on it set up a few sites from us. A couple days later, the lady from that unit walked by and asked how we liked our TM. My response was something like "we love it, thanks to you"; two years ago, we were at the same campground, in our pop-up, when we saw the same couple setting up their 2720SL. This was the first TM we'd ever seen, and she was kind enough to show the unit to us. We had talked of upgrading, and had even looked at a Hi-Lo the previous summer, and after seeing this one we knew what we wanted. We found a nice 07 2720 when we returned to MI, and have been very pleased with it.

Clever fellow that I am, I never thought to ask for a name, but she did say that they were also on the forum, so if they happen to see this, thanks again.

tim

Bluegrass
05-06-2011, 04:03 PM
Spotted a relatively new 2619 or 2720 at Capitol Reef NP this morning but they left before I could get to talk with them.

Keith.

ShrimpBurrito
05-06-2011, 05:23 PM
Spotted a later model TM (maybe a 2619 or 2720-series) going north on US 101 this past Sunday, May 1 about 30-ish miles north of Santa Barbara around 1:30pm. I didn't get a real good look because I was more focused on identifying the next opportunity to slam on the brakes to go from 70 to 20 mph, but it looked like it was a F-250 / GMC 2500-sized pickup, maybe a crew-cab, greenish in color.

Dave

kempert
05-06-2011, 08:41 PM
There's a '10 2720 in Bryce Canyon NP. I asked about CRNP and they said they were in Zion yesterday and saw 2 TMs there. They stopped by mine and could see the damage from the Big Crash last April.

greasyford
05-07-2011, 09:41 AM
I was on my way to San Marcos, CA last week when I spotted a 2720SL right beside me. I got so excited at the sighting that you would have thought I had seen a celebrity!

T and C
05-08-2011, 11:57 PM
Spotted a later model TM (maybe a 2619 or 2720-series) going north on US 101 this past Sunday, May 1 about 30-ish miles north of Santa Barbara around 1:30pm. I didn't get a real good look because I was more focused on identifying the next opportunity to slam on the brakes to go from 70 to 20 mph, but it looked like it was a F-250 / GMC 2500-sized pickup, maybe a crew-cab, greenish in color.

Dave

We went through that section of 101 on Sunday May 1, towing our 2008 3023. We were on our way to San Jose. We had a late lunch in Buellton, so the time matches. However, our crew cab Ford is white not greenish.

Tom

mtnguy
05-23-2011, 07:09 AM
There was a newer (2004+) Trailmanor hooked to a Honda Ridgeline from Pennsylvania parked at a Ruckersville, VA. eatery yesterday, Sunday morning, May 22nd.

Beach Boy
05-25-2011, 05:51 PM
I saw a Trailmanor being pulled northeast on Interstate 59 just outside of Trussville, Alabama. I was wondering if it was the 2720 that was for sale in Birmingham. Would like to hear from the owner.

PopBeavers
05-31-2011, 02:46 PM
Monday May 30 around 3:00 PM I was driving home, northbound on US 101 about 10-15 miles north of Paso Robles.

I was passed by a small SUV, blue/green as I recall, towing a TM. About the length of mine (2720) but not sure.

Kwantau
05-31-2011, 09:10 PM
Spotted a TM this morning being towed by what looked like a Ford Explorer. Too far away to indentify model or year and it got away from me due to stoplights. First one we have ever seen here in Calgary Alberta Canada. It was turning onto the Deerfoot expressway and was long gone for me to catch up due to stop lights that got me. Sure made me feel good to stop one.

countrygirl
06-16-2011, 05:58 PM
On Tuesday, June 14, 2011 at about 11 am we were north bound on I 95 between Jacksonville and Brunswick and saw a smaller TM south bound on I 95...lol...we got excited and failed to notice any detail about the tow vehicle. I think we were about 20 minutes south of Brunswick at the time. We think it was a 2619.

georgiapeach
06-17-2011, 03:32 PM
The last day that were were at Anastasia State Park in St. Augustine, FL last week, we saw that a TM had set up in a nearby slot. I don't know which model it was (looked to be the size of a 2720?), and the people were not around. They were, no doubt, at the beach!

countrygirl
06-17-2011, 07:34 PM
A little off topic...but I can't resist.

I am finding it funny...that we live near St. Augustine and went to Brunswick, Ga. to go camping at Blythe Island campground...and play in the surf on the beach at Jeykll Island beach, and then to dinner at St. Simons Island and lunch at Little St. Simons....AND meanwhile Georgia Peach left Georgia to come to St. Augustine beach. Guess the surf looker bluer for both of us across the state line. ;)

jacob mccandles
06-19-2011, 02:21 PM
First one that I have seen on the road. I dont think that I am very observant.

Lindsey and Southern headed south. Was fun to see.

HIKERZ
06-24-2011, 06:44 AM
While at Bahia honda in the Florida keys we saw two separate 2619s

PopBeavers
06-27-2011, 12:16 PM
Saturday 6/25, Coarsegold, CA 1:00 PM headed towards Bass Lake a 2619 pulled into a gas station. I think it was towed by a white pickup.

Beach Boy
06-27-2011, 01:08 PM
Saw a TM going south on I-65 near Montgomery this morning.

klv5920
06-28-2011, 07:17 AM
I have decided when I get out and start roaming in my TM I am going to mark it somehow so you will know it is ME! LOL!

Beak12
07-01-2011, 09:38 PM
Driving through a campground about 5 miles south of Lone Pine Ca, On highway 395 (July 1,20011). Saw a 2619? in the distance. Did not have time to even say hello.

John :)

B_and_D
07-02-2011, 12:26 PM
I have decided when I get out and start roaming in my TM I am going to mark it somehow so you will know it is ME! LOL!

http://ginnservices.com/trailmanor.html

How about something like this?

klv5920
07-02-2011, 06:11 PM
Wow!! What a paint job!! Beautiful but just a tiny bit over the top for me!!! lol!
Hope someone bought it though. I would love to see that on the road or parked somewhere!! It would definitely create interest in a campground or parked at an
event!!
Thanks for sharing!!

T and C
07-02-2011, 10:36 PM
This evening I was heading east on I 40 after eating supper in Winslow, AZ. I was past Holbrook, perhaps 50 miles west of Gallup, NM when I spotted a TM going the other way, (westbound). It looked like a 2619 or a 2720. The TV was green, either a full sized SUV or a pickup with a color matched shell.

I saw the driver looking at me so I beeped my horn, but he was just passing so I doubt he heard me.

Tom

countrygirl
07-03-2011, 10:58 AM
HA!....I am thinking of the Eagles song..."Take it Easy!" ;)

T and C
07-05-2011, 04:28 PM
HA!....I am thinking of the Eagles song..."Take it Easy!" ;)

The line to remember is "Don't let the sound of your own wheels make you crazy."

Last night I had to exercise a little "take it easy". We were coming south on I 25 one mile from the offramp for the KOA we had left the TM in. Two guys were racing on the freeway behind us. One passed us in the left lane going like the proverbial bat. Then we felt a hard shove from behind. A second car had caught our bumper and squalled past us fishtailing like crazy. He went out about 150 feet in front of us, turned sideways in both directions. :eek: The DW braked hard. Then he ran off the road to the right of us and rolled over.

When I got back to his car he was standing outside of it talking to other people who had stopped.

My damage was a scraped left bumper end and a broken taillight lens.

We are appropriately thankful. :)

Tom

MariaG
07-05-2011, 05:41 PM
Saw a newer TM with roof air going east on I-94 just west of Jackson, about 6pm today, July 5th. Didn't get a good enough look to tell what the TV was as I was driving the other directions and had to watch the road. *G*

klv5920
07-05-2011, 06:52 PM
And we are thankful that the (bad words) didn't wreck you also!!
Karen

countrygirl
07-05-2011, 07:35 PM
The line to remember is "Don't let the sound of your own wheels make you crazy."

Last night I had to exercise a little "take it easy". We were coming south on I 25 one mile from the offramp for the KOA we had left the TM in. Two guys were racing on the freeway behind us. One passed us in the left lane going like the proverbial bat. Then we felt a hard shove from behind. A second car had caught our bumper and squalled past us fishtailing like crazy. He went out about 150 feet in front of us, turned sideways in both directions. :eek: The DW braked hard. Then he ran off the road to the right of us and rolled over.

When I got back to his car he was standing outside of it talking to other people who had stopped.

My damage was a scraped left bumper end and a broken taillight lens.

We are appropriately thankful. :)

Tom

Wow...Glad you two are okay!

My dh also named Tom has had that song playing in his head...every since I posted that. :) LOL!

rjsmalley
07-06-2011, 10:43 AM
Wow. Very first time I saw a TM on the road & going in the same direction as we were this 4th of July weekend - 2011. Took place on Friday evening July 1st around 5pm, I-78 heading west in New Jersey. Must have been an older model as the size was something like a 2518? Nice to see them even if just to wave hello to another TM owner.

MudDog
07-08-2011, 11:19 AM
Just saw a TM on Montana hwy 2 near Coram headed east towards West Glacier. Think TV was a truck with a kayak on the roof. We were stopped for early lunch before heading for Yellowstone.

Barb&Tim
07-08-2011, 06:53 PM
We are in Myrtle beach State park and while riding our biles this afternoon we noticed a 3023 and the TV had Maryland plates. Did not see anyone around to talk to though.

Tim

Barb&Tim
07-10-2011, 06:04 PM
Still at Myrtle Beach, another Tm showed up today, a 2720 with a Georgia plate on it.

Tim

07-11-2011, 07:34 AM
We are in Myrtle beach State park and while riding our biles this afternoon we noticed a 3023 and the TV had Maryland plates. Did not see anyone around to talk to though.

Tim

Probably the same guy I met at the Williamsport, MD KOA a couple of weeks ago while on our way to Cape Cod. I don't recall his name, but he did mention that he was heading to Myrtle Beach around this time. He has a 2006 3023 identical to mine

Shandysplace
07-11-2011, 03:35 PM
Andy and I are big "Closer" fans. A recent episode featured a script with several scenes in an LA RV campground and there it was--looked like a folded 2720.

MudDog
07-12-2011, 10:03 PM
Saw two more today. First was setup at the Salt Lake City KOA. Appeared to be a 2619 pulled by a charcoal colored 4x4 pickup. We hit the road early and saw it on our way out.

The second was in St. George Utah. TV was a dark colored SUV and they were headed north on I15 at about 1:30 pm.

rtcassel
07-13-2011, 06:56 PM
Andy and I are big "Closer" fans. A recent episode featured a script with several scenes in an LA RV campground and there it was--looked like a folded 2720.
Episode 4 of season 6 (disk 1), entitled Layover.

B_and_D
07-13-2011, 08:19 PM
DH saw a 2720 at Seacliff State Beach today, it was a 2720, there was a father with 3 small children, about 5 -6 spaces from the end.

He didn't recognize them, was just driving through and was short on time.

klv5920
07-16-2011, 02:47 PM
Saw a 3023 being towed by a grey Honda Odyssey. Was an older model, I think. Not sure it had side windows in the back shell and had a hard spare cover on the back. I was driving and was so excited to see it! Thought I would get to follow it for a while but it got on 75 northbound north of Saginaw and then got off at next exit!! Bummer!!
Karen

irenepl
07-19-2011, 03:46 PM
Saw one in my small town today and other than the 2 currenetly parked at my house we have never seen on in Cheney, WA I was so amazed thatI did't even get to see the model #. It was towed by a white truck and appehared to be similar is size as the 2720 with the air on top. WOW a first. In the 5 or so years that I have owned the 2720, I have only seen one other on the road until today.

trisht
07-21-2011, 04:54 PM
Maybe a 3024 toward the end. Didn't see the people though! What a gorgeous state park. A must if you are in the area.

Saw maybe 4 pods of dolphins and a roly-poly sea lion!

B_and_D
07-21-2011, 08:25 PM
Bry & I walked down there one weeknight, and it was a 3023. The lady hanging out outside looked so relaxed that we didn't want to go chat her up, with Bryan sometimes that can be a long process and she looked like she was really enjoying her lounge session.

When we have time, we like to walk down there, but we usually go hike around Manresa Uplands because it's so close to the house. It's even better when it's closed during the winter, we have the whole campground (for hiking) almost all to ourselves.

Were you at New Brighton? We didn't see you at Seacliff...

Steppy
07-21-2011, 10:23 PM
On July 9 we saw what I thought was a 2619 TM turning left onto Rt 16 S. from Rt 41 while we turned onto Rt 41 towards Madison, NH. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to see in what state it was registered.

trisht
07-21-2011, 10:23 PM
We were there from 7/15 until late 7/17 (paid for the extra night but didn't stay -- had to go back to work). I'm sure it was Seacliff. :-)

Factor
07-24-2011, 09:28 AM
There is one from Texas parked at the KOA Thunder Bay, Ontario. Have not seen the occupants e

namklg
07-25-2011, 06:54 PM
Saw one heading north on US 12 between Lake Geneva, WI and Elkhorn, WI today around 1130. Older model I think.

Kwantau
07-28-2011, 07:47 AM
Yes they do exist although they are a very rare bird indeed here in Canada. My wife spotted one going south on the Nanaimo Parkway near Jinglepot road. I saw it in my rear view mirror but could not make out the model or what was towing it. DW mentioned that it would be a treat if they ended up at Living Forest campgrounds where we were staying. Later that day when we were tback we toured the grounds and lo and behold there they were, a 3124KS towed by a Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel. We had the pleasure of meeting with BOBSAN. Great people. They had already knocked on our TM door to see if we were in. Had a nice conversation later that evening with Bob about the various aspects of the TM. Well onto our next sighting.

Hans & Riet

gcubed
08-01-2011, 11:58 AM
We spotted two on our trip this last week to Yosemite. Both were 2619's. The first was at a campground called Yosemite Lakes. By the time we got around to saying hi it was gone. The other happen to be Muddog at The Ventura Ranch KOA on our way back. Now my wife is questioning why we can't put all that stuff in our Trailmanor. Thanks Muddog ;)

M&M Hokie
08-01-2011, 02:59 PM
There is one in San Clemente State Beach Campground. I need to get a second look at it because it is of a vintage heretofore unseen by me.

Update: it appears to be a 2720 style. The body color is tan. The stone guard for the front window actually runs the full width of the camper. I hadn't seen that before. The TV is a maroon Mercedes

TexasCamper
08-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Never saw so many TMs!
Saw two on Monday 7/25. First one heading east on rt 70 out of Burlington Co. second one heading south on rt 25 out of Fort Collins Co.

Then saw two TMs in Colter Bay campground in Teton N.P on 7/26 and 7/27.

namklg
08-07-2011, 11:24 AM
Saw one in the parking lot of Comfort suites/comfort inn in Custer SD last week, Tuesday. We were camping in Custer State Park during that week.

namklg
08-13-2011, 04:19 PM
Between Laramie and Rawlings, headed west bound around mile marker 265 on Thursday, August 11.

Redhawk
08-14-2011, 01:00 AM
Saw a nice new(er) TM on I-25 coming into Colorado Springs this morning about 11AM. A 2720 I think. had the newer brown decals on it. I think the TV was an Explorer or Yukon, didn't get a good look at it.

scrubjaysnest
08-16-2011, 11:51 AM
Must be the day for seeing TM's......4pm sitting at the camp site in Julian Price BRP and there goes a 2720. Turned out to be a SD, 2010 from Ocala, Fl. Good folks and mentioned the forums.

larrylifelines
08-17-2011, 01:56 PM
DW and I watch for other TMs whenever we're on the road, with or without our TM. Mainly in the NY and NE area so far, but nary a sighting. Is that pop-up in the distance a TM? Nope, just another ragtop. We look in vain for another TM at the CGs, and get plenty of the usual questions about ours...but no one else seems to have one.

It's gotten so I wonder if we'll even see one at the rally we're going to next month on Cape Cod!

namklg
08-20-2011, 07:12 AM
3124 headed west on I 70 just before Kipling on Friday, 8-19. Around 5:15. TV was a toyota tundra.

jwarrensite
08-21-2011, 05:22 PM
Driving over Red Mountain Pass (Million Dollar Highway) at about 4:00PM on 8/21/2011!!

http://jeffreyandkelley.com/images/DSC02197_640.jpg
http://jeffreyandkelley.com/images/DSC02198_640.jpg
http://jeffreyandkelley.com/images/DSC02199_640.jpg

Binnster
08-21-2011, 06:54 PM
Mueller State Park this weekend! (Colorado) - my next-to-last camping trip with the old soft-sided popup, the only TM in the park was set up right across from me. Great to meet them and learn how much they love their (third) TM!

thewitzclan
09-04-2011, 12:22 PM
Not sure if anyone has posted this or not, it is "sort of" a Trailmanor sighting. We were watching an episode of "The Closer" the other day called "Layover", and there is a scene where they go to the airport and there are several trailers that the flight staff stay in for layovers. Behind the trailer that the police enter, is a closed Trailmanor. My husband and I at the same time said "There's a Trailmanor!"

Scottie Dogs
09-04-2011, 02:06 PM
First one that I have seen on the road. I dont think that I am very observant.

Lindsey and Southern headed south. Was fun to see.

Wow, you live in Mesa 10 minutes from us...

We just got ours in May, and have not seen one yet, you are lucky, snowbirds here don't use the TM, wonder why? TM is so much better then a camper on a truck bed, and most of them are very expensive. I do see lots of truck campers in the winter months here not much room in them.

Dave

M&M Hokie
09-04-2011, 05:00 PM
Santa Maria, CA approximately 3PM on September 4, 2011. I was driving s/b on US 101 with my new (non-TM) trailer in tow and was passed by a 2720. The 2720 was a blue graphic vintage model. Don't remember the tow vehicle.

fallsrider
09-05-2011, 12:15 PM
We saw one Friday evening, heading east on 57 on the west side of Martinsville, VA. Before it occurred to me what I was seeing, it was gone. I don't know the model, but judging from the bright graphics, it looked to be a late model. That's the first one I've ever noticed on the road. DW, who almost never cares about campers seen on the road, even noticed it.

CAmark
09-06-2011, 01:08 PM
While we were headed N101 (w/o TM) -- both sited mid-dayish Sept 5

Looked to be a 2720 of some sort headed S101 near Los Alamos area; TV a RAM1500 and a 2619 headed S101 near Santa Maria; TV unknown.

Barb&Tim
09-06-2011, 04:55 PM
We saw one Friday evening, heading east on 57 on the west side of Martinsville, VA. Before it occurred to me what I was seeing, it was gone. I don't know the model, but judging from the bright graphics, it looked to be a late model. That's the first one I've ever noticed on the road. DW, who almost never cares about campers seen on the road, even noticed it.

We came back to NC through Danville, Va (west of Martinsville, VA) on friday evening but it was not on 57 -- so I guess it was not us. :)

Tim

fallsrider
09-06-2011, 07:12 PM
We came back to NC through Danville, Va (west of Martinsville, VA) on friday evening but it was not on 57 -- so I guess it was not us. :)

TimWere you on 220 in that area? There is a section of 220 that we were on for a brief while that connected us back up to 57. We may have been on 220 come to think about it.

Barb&Tim
09-06-2011, 07:28 PM
no, we came down 29 to danville then took 86 through Hillsborough to I-40

ShrimpBurrito
09-19-2011, 11:21 AM
Spotted a 2619 towed by a silver (I think) late model Toyota Sienna minivan at Montana de Oro State Park in Los Osos, CA this past weekend. We didn't get a chance to stop by as we had reservations for a tour up the road, and by the time we were up and about the next morning, they pulled out.

Dave

Bluegrass
09-25-2011, 11:59 PM
Spotted a TM on California hwy 41 northbound between Lemoore and Fresno this afternoon. Looked like a 2619 or 2720 towed by a white SUV. We were headed south so we only caught a glimpse.

Keith

namklg
10-02-2011, 09:02 PM
Saw an older model headed north on I 25, just south of Castle Rock on Saturday at 1000. Blue decals on the unit.

Beak12
10-09-2011, 10:42 PM
Today Sun 9,11 drove buy a 2720 just West of Lone Pine Ca. On the road to Whitney Portal. They were camping at Lone Pine Campground. It was about 40 outside to cold for me to stop and talk. :)

scrubjaysnest
10-10-2011, 11:19 AM
TM23 pulled into the CG near Cumberland gap. Nice folks, it was a 1991 model. It was their second one:)

hillbillyhotel
10-11-2011, 08:37 PM
We was the ones that scrubjaysnest spotted @ cumberland gap,nice to meet ya's, was first trip out in our vintage 91 tm 23,

ShrimpBurrito
10-23-2011, 06:28 PM
Spotted a later-model TM going northbound on I-5 along the Grapevine climbing the Tejon Pass on Friday 10/21/2011 around 12:30pm. TV was a darker color Dodge pickup, IIRC. As we passed you, we honked hi, and then you moved over to the right a lane. You may have noticed our smiley face spare tire cover.

Anyone here?

Dave

Barb&Tim
10-23-2011, 10:11 PM
We were coming back from Port Canaveral today and spotted a late model TM heading south on I-95 around the 287 mile marker - a little north of Daytona.

Tim

robertkennel
10-23-2011, 11:46 PM
Dave(Shrimp Burrito) We did notice the happy face on the spare tire. I really admired how you passed us on the hill. We were returning from a week down in Anaheim, taking the kids to Disneyland and Legoland. I thought it could be a local; we live in San Mateo. Robert

ShrimpBurrito
10-24-2011, 07:25 AM
Dave(Shrimp Burrito) We did notice the happy face on the spare tire. I really admired how you passed us on the hill. We were returning from a week down in Anaheim, taking the kids to Disneyland and Legoland. I thought it could be a local; we live in San Mateo. Robert

A mutual sighting! Very cool! Yes, we were indeed cruising up the hill. I was already at highway speeds at the start of the hill, and after switching to a lower gear, I can usually maintain a decent cruising speed as long as I don't have to stop on the way up.

Dave

Camperwantabe
10-24-2011, 07:57 PM
We had never seen one up close till we bought ours. On the way across SD. we happened to see one being pulled going east..I don't know which one it was, but it was exciting non the less to just see one.

2005 TM 3023
2004 Honda Pilot TV
4WD V-6

rvcycleguy
11-29-2011, 10:54 AM
Wife and I were out in the Texas hill country over the Thanksgiving holiday and we were towing our TM on Saturday between Junction and Fredericksburg Texas on TX hwy 290 ( eastbound) , and saw a TM being towed the opposite direction. Its always a pleasure to see another unit on the open road. Too often its the opposite direction and no interaction available...

T and C
12-02-2011, 01:31 AM
This morning I was pulling out of Tucson, AZ after visiting my son and his family. As I went toward Phoenix on I-10 between the Ina and Cortaro offramps I looked over at the southbound side of the freeway. There was a TM set up on display at an RV lot next to the freeway. I don't know if it is new or used, but since it was the only one I suspect it was used.

Tom

commodor47
12-29-2011, 07:25 PM
We spent Wednesday night, 12/28, at the Baileyton RV Park. When breaking down this morning, we spotted another TM diagonally across from us. It was being towed by a white Toyota pickup with Virginia tags and the TM appeared to be a newer 2720 SL. We left before sunrise and didn't get a chance to meet the owners. Anyone from this board?

Dick