PDA

View Full Version : TM Parts Replacements

TravlinOn
12-13-2010, 01:38 PM
Occasionally, I see archived posts that refer to parts that have been ordered and received directly from TrailManor. I need some parts that I haven't been able to find elsewhere, but on the TM web site, all I can find is this link that offers only contact information but no catalog nor order info:

http://www.trailmanor.com/WebDocs/Service/Service.htm

Question for those who have made parts orders: How?

ShrimpBurrito
12-13-2010, 01:44 PM
Call the factory. That's the only way. Then flip a coin and hope you get lucky. From the parts feedback I read here, sometimes I think there are 2 totally different factories.

Dave

TravlinOn
12-14-2010, 05:40 AM
Call the factory. That's the only way. Then flip a coin and hope you get lucky. From the parts feedback I read here, sometimes I think there are 2 totally different factories.

Dave

Thanks. I got called away before finishing that post. I meant to end it by saying that from the difficulty that I personally have had in describing a problem part, how can anyone easily pinpoint a specific bolt or catch by phone without at least TM parts list name/description?

Personally, I would love to see something such as Sears puts out with its tools; ie, a diagram with labeled parts and stock numbers per model. Oh well, necessity is the mother of invention (so I hear). :new_newbi

scrubjaysnest
12-14-2010, 06:21 AM
Thanks. I got called away before finishing that post. I meant to end it by saying that from the difficulty that I personally have had in describing a problem part, how can anyone easily pinpoint a specific bolt or catch by phone without at least TM parts list name/description?

Personally, I would love to see something such as Sears puts out with its tools; ie, a diagram with labeled parts and stock numbers per model. Oh well, necessity is the mother of invention (so I hear). :new_newbi

I like the idea of parts lists.
Something that may help is some items are named in the owners manual.

B_and_D
12-14-2010, 07:55 AM
What I've done in the past is take a picture of the part that I'm trying to describe and email it to the TM factory, then follow up with a phone call.

Bill
12-14-2010, 10:54 AM
What I've done in the past is take a picture of the part that I'm trying to describe and email it to the TM factory, then follow up with a phone call.I've done the same. Works like a champ. The bonus is that the parts guy (or the parts order invoice) will tell you the actual name of the part, for future reference.

Bill

T and C
12-14-2010, 11:39 AM
What I've done in the past is take a picture of the part that I'm trying to describe and email it to the TM factory, then follow up with a phone call.

I called the factory a couple of weeks ago. I talked to a fellow who said his name was "Eddie, not Ed in Customer Service." Nice fellow. Fortunately, having been born in Texas, I can still speak and understand heavy Southern accents. ;)

Seriously though, I just described the parts to him and he told me the names I needed. I offered to pay by credit card, but he said he would just include an invoice with the parts and I could pay by check. The parts arrived in about a week and I mailed them a check.

What this says to me is that TM is a small company that depends on the competence of individuals. There are many complaints about quality on this board where people speak of the "Quality Control Department". I have a hunch that that means a foreman watching what the guys on the line are doing.

TM is not Toyota or GM. However, overall I am completely satisfied by my experience with the Parts Department.

Tom

ng2951
12-14-2010, 04:07 PM
I have kind of given up on TM's parts department. Several times they have promised to deliver parts and fail to so. It makes you long for a far east call center...

kempert
12-14-2010, 04:36 PM
I have ordered parts from TM on several occasions and have not had any problems. They've delivered parts to places that some other businesses wouldn't even attempt. I always wait a couple of days after first contacting any business to make sure that everything is clear. I've discovered (not with TM) that sometimes emails seem to go into cyberspace and not to the intended recepient.

RejoiceWay
12-15-2010, 07:02 PM
I recently took pictures of all the parts that I needed. Sent a descriptive email posting a picture next to the description and got an immediate reply stating that they would send the parts along with an invoice - they didn't need pre-payment. In about a week the parts showed up on my door and I simply sent my check for payment. Easy to order - but, haven't had the time to install the parts, so that will take longer than ordering.

B_and_D
12-15-2010, 07:28 PM
The reason I started doing this (sending pictures first) is that once I received the wrong parts. There are things on the TM that are very hard to describe. Even describing them here on the board is hard sometimes. How often do we get the question: "Could you please post a picture?"

I kept the wrong parts they sent me, as they will probably need to be replaced sometime within our TM's life, and they sit flat under the front bed.

Also, their nomenclature for parts is not easy to understand (at least for me).

TravlinOn
12-16-2010, 05:52 AM
Thanks to all of you for your remarks and suggestions. I am encouraged that for the most part TM is still considered to be better than most but discouraged because I will have to ask Santa for a camera and learn how to use it - even my cell phone (which I do have) only works for talking into it. Guess some of them fancy thin's are worth hav'n - 8^).

Note: Bill already has some extensive info on this topic at the link below which I am sorry to say that I didn't see until now.

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7202

Thanks Bill.