PDA

View Full Version : Camping Checklists

TravlinOn
12-11-2010, 07:32 AM
I suspect that most people are more organized than I am. I usually am guilty of leaving some essential ingredient to problem free camping at home. Some of you, however, might share my delight in finding this already prepared camping checklist of essentials:

http://www.rv-camping.org/CheckList.html

I made a couple of copies and shared with my DW who loves lists

B_and_D
12-11-2010, 10:35 AM
That actually is a pretty good checklist. Thanks for sharing it.

rumbleweed
12-12-2010, 08:30 AM
We put our list into excel format and added a few columns to make getting ready easier.
We have a column for dry camping and one for hookups also added one for where the item is normally stored when not in use ( ie garage, basement) aand one for where it gets packed ( ie TM, TV). This makes collecting and packing very easy. It also allows easy modifications when we must have more stuff

countrygirl
12-12-2010, 09:49 AM
Rumbleweed...please share yours!

scrubjaysnest
12-12-2010, 01:12 PM
Ditto what countrygirl said

knoxjere
12-12-2010, 03:18 PM
DW has modified the checklists we have found. She has one for supplies to take and one for pre-trip, set-up and take down.Each checklist has a column that she dates for each trip. She also has a diagram that she made to show what is stored in each cabinet/under bench seats. With time, I am sure we will be able to remember where we have certain items stored. But for now, since we are still so new at this, she can look in her notebook (or on the inside of each door) and see where items are stored. It has saved a lot of time digging thru cabinets. We have learned so much from others on this form that we want to pass it on!
Oops, it looks like I can't download excel files, so if anyone is interested, email me at [email protected] and I will send to you.

Bill
12-12-2010, 07:11 PM
Jere -

Your list sounds valuable to many members. As a Sponsor, you should be able to attach (not download) .xls files to your post. The most recent version of Office creates .xlsx files by default, and I'm not sure the board accepts them yet. Is this the problem? If so, open the file on your own computer, re-save it in .xls format, and see if that works. If not, please contact me by PM and let's see if we can beat the problem.

Bill

Joesjunk
12-13-2010, 06:30 AM
The camping checklists along with the set-up and take-down procedures will really help someone new to TM camping.

I really need to update my picture and show the new to us 3124KS.

rumbleweed
12-13-2010, 07:42 AM
Rumbleweed...please share yours!

Will send out later list is on other computer.

knoxjere
12-13-2010, 08:25 AM
We are working with Billy to try to get our checklists posted on the forum, but because they are in Excel, we have been unable to do so. Billy is working on the problem and we will post as soon as we can.

ng2951
12-14-2010, 07:46 AM
We made ours using the TM floor plan of trailer from the TM website. Then we had a list under each area of the TM and what was located there.

I then laminated the lists and we use a dry erase pen to check off items on the list. When each page is completed I put a big check on the page to indicate it is complete.

When all the pages are complete, we wipe them clean and go or close up them TM. When the lists get too old, I print out another one and laminate it. They last years.

knoxjere
12-21-2010, 05:50 AM
OK, now DW can post her checklists!

scrubjaysnest
12-21-2010, 09:05 AM
Thank you very much for the sheets

knoxjere
12-21-2010, 02:57 PM
You are very welcome. We have learned so much on this forum that we wanted to pass on what little we can!

Wavery
12-21-2010, 04:23 PM
I really need to update my picture and show the new to us 3124KS.

I've been thinking that same thing......:p

Wavery
12-21-2010, 04:31 PM
OK, now DW can post her checklists!

I really like your set-up/tear down list.

However, you missed one vital item (one of the most annoying things if you miss it).

In the bathroom tear-down, you might want to add, "Pull toilet t-handle out" ;). It should be the 2nd item on the list. This may also be a better place to state (or restate) "make sure external plumbing valves are closed and sewer line is capped". That should be #1 in that section.

One other minor (but important ) detail.......right after "Unhook top/bottom bathroom door sections" You might want to change that to read, "Pull-out then swing downward"...........you'd be surprised how may people pull the screws out of that slide because they forgot that little step........however, I don't know who would do such a thing......:rolleyes:

knoxjere
12-21-2010, 07:57 PM
Thanks, Wayne, it's always good to have extra eyes to check over things like this. Plus the fact that we are new, I was sure to miss something. I will make those changes and repost.

knoxjere
12-21-2010, 08:03 PM
Thanks to Wayne for catching these needed changes.

Wavery
12-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Thanks, Wayne, it's always good to have extra eyes to check over things like this. Plus the fact that we are new, I was sure to miss something. I will make those changes and repost.
Hey......you did a GREAT job!!!

That one thing just happens to be the one that you really don't want to miss. When you get all hooked up at the dump station (after waiting in line for 30-minutes) it is an awful feeling when you pull that gate valve handle and........nothing......... You look at the line of campers waiting to dump and realize that you now have to open the trailer ALL THE WAY.....to get to the T-handle on the toilet..... while all of those people glare at you. Not a fun feeling....just ask me.....I know.....:o

rumbleweed
12-21-2010, 08:19 PM
Sorry this took a while. Also it may be more useful as a format example than as a detailed pack list as many of our things in large plastic containers that contain similar type items and stay packed. One very useful item is a large plastic tote with two sets of plastic drawer organizers in it. It contains kitchen items such a plates, mugs and silverware as well as common small kitchen tools. When set up we turn it on its side so drawers pull out normally and set it on the end of the picnic table. It saves many trips back into the TM. During wet weather, we just put lid on it and stand upright. This method makes packing simple and quick.

knoxjere
12-28-2010, 11:13 AM
Rumbleweed, I like your pack list. Makes it a lot easier to "remember" where you put the stuff the last time you unpacked and where you put it in the transporting and camping mode. I'm going to use this list too!