PDA

View Full Version : St. Paul KOA

arknoah
08-06-2003, 11:32 AM
I know lots of people aren't enamored of KOAs and Jellystones, though we've generally found them to be clean and reliable. One that was good and well managed was the KOA in St. Paul Minnesota. Many of the sites were pull throughs, so they were great for folks just passing through, the pool was clean and the written material they gave you, including camp rules and tips and tourist information was very good. The only thing I would fault them for was the sewer connection was very far from the hookups, so that we had to use our extra 10 feet of sewer hose to reach the hole. Since we had the hose, it wasn't a big deal for us.

Happytrails
08-06-2003, 10:30 PM
Lol, I've run into that, nope, not too pleasant to be getting all set up, ready to do some "camping" and activities, and in the rush, find out.......Oh......gotta hold everything and do this now..........What's kinda scary about it is some campgrounds deliberately do that so's you'll be stuck paying two, to three times as much for the extra sewer hose at their conveiniant little "RV Campground Store". Just a heads up for those that might wander in such a place unprepared! (also a good idea to keep a pressure regulator firmly on your white water hose for the same reason, as well as several different AC power connecter adapters. Call me crazy........lol ::)

Happytrails........

arknoah
08-07-2003, 08:01 AM
A family friends sometimes laughes at us, but I carry not only our regular attached 25 foot electrical cord, but two extra 25 foot 30 amp extension cords, in addition to three 25 foot water hoses that can be hooked up together. Add that to the extra sewer hose length, and its no wonder I seem to have less storage space than some other TM owners -- but I've yet to have to buy one more supply from the high priced campground stores!