PDA

View Full Version : Meanings under "Loop" when booking reservations

modhatter
11-01-2010, 09:03 PM
I was on Reserve America to book a reservation, and I see something called "Loop" (my first time) Under this "loop", they have:
Awng
Coqu
Seye
Seau
Sand (I assume that means sand)

Can someone tell me the meaning of these terms and what to expect.

Wavery
11-01-2010, 09:09 PM
I was on Reserve America to book a reservation, and I see something called "Loop" (my first time) Under this "loop", they have:
Awng
Coqu
Seye
Seau
Sand (I assume that means sand)

Can someone tell me the meaning of these terms and what to expect.

Many campgrounds have several sections. These sections are often referred to as "Loops". You may have loop 1,2 or 3......A,B or C ........or the loops may be named. Each loop will have a number of campsites in it.

B_and_D
11-01-2010, 09:12 PM
Which campground were you trying to book?

"Loop" usually means a particular part of a campground and they usually show a separate map of that part.

I've never seen those abbreviations on reserveamerica before either.

???

BeerCan
11-02-2010, 06:58 AM
You must be looking at Florida SP maps. Those are just the loop names (AFAIK) Is it Anastasia State Park? Beautiful place BTW

modhatter
11-02-2010, 10:26 AM
Yes BeerCan, you are right. It is Anastasia SP. I called this morning and the names have no meaning. Just referring to different sections to the park. My first reservation. Most of the larger longer sites were taken. I picked a spot near a rest room (comfort station) It's across the street. Hope that wasn't a mistake.

I am guessing that the shorter length areas will contain more tents and kids, but not savvy in this department yet. I'm sure I'll learn everything the hard way.

BeerCan
11-02-2010, 12:29 PM
What a coincidence. That is the park where I went for the first time also. (like 2 weeks ago) I was in spot 54 (I think) and it was great. I am sure you will have no problems with the site. My area had a lot of kids during the day but at night it quieted down at a reasonable time.

brulaz
11-02-2010, 01:42 PM
We'll be spending a lot of time at Florida's State parks this winter, but mostly further South than Anastasia, the Keys and in Southwest Fl.

Never been to any of them but have heard good things. So if you see an Elkmont, do drop by, it's probably us.

moaboy
11-02-2010, 04:07 PM
In the winter months is it hard to get a spot in Florida State Parks in Southern Florida?
In other words are reservations a must? I'd think so in the Keys, but what about other sp cg's? Thanks for any info.

brulaz
11-03-2010, 08:01 AM
In the winter months is it hard to get a spot in Florida State Parks in Southern Florida?
In other words are reservations a must? I'd think so in the Keys, but what about other sp cg's? Thanks for any info.

Yes, we reserved last spring. In general, the parks close to the ocean are much harder to get. And for the few close to Fort Myers and the Keys, you have to reserve almost a year in advance.

And February March are probably the worst months.

Like I said, this is the first time for us too. Will know more about how it all works in a few weeks!