PDA

View Full Version : TrailManor value

chason
07-26-2010, 05:44 PM
Hello, I live in central Ga. and am doing some research on TrailManors. As it pertains to the value of something, I can usually get a pretty good feel of how much it is worth by comparing model/year/price. I have noticed that with the TrailManors, there is a very wide swing in price for the same trailer model/year. I know that different conditions would would contribute to some of this wide parameter, but here is an example. 2001 2720sl in "like new condition"...$6500.00 1995 TrailManor 18...$16,900 Now I know these are different models, but am I missing something when the older one is so much more, or did I just happen to find what looks to be a really good deal and a like the worst deal of the century. I guess I am just looking for a base value, and then I could adjust up or down depending on the condition. I know it is hard to put a price on something without seeing it, but I believe I will have to drive a good ways to find one(not many for sale around here) and I dont want to waste my time on a deal thats "too good to be true" or one that isn't worth dragging home if it was given to me. Maybe I cant get a concrete answer, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Chason

Al-n-Sue
07-26-2010, 07:33 PM
A '95 model for $16,900 to me is way out of range. I'd suspect that is a misprint of something - year or price. A 2001 for $6500 seems pretty reasonable.

When I did my research I found as many models similar to what I wanted and plotted them on a graph in Excel - year vs. price. I had Excel draw a std deviation line through them to get an "average." Gave me a little bit of a reference to see if something was high or low. The trick is to use as many points as possible.