FYI:

Hi-Lo- going out of business...

http://www.trailerlife.com/output.cfm?ID=2575099

Wavery
07-15-2010, 07:29 PM
FYI:

Hi-Lo- going out of business...

http://www.trailerlife.com/output.cfm?ID=2575099

That's a terrible shame.......a lot more RV manufacturers will bight the dust before this is all over.:(

grill-n-go
07-15-2010, 08:07 PM
It says something about Trailmanor.

Having lost my (sales) job in march 2009 I know first hand that being good at what you do is not enough. If you are going to be around tomorrow you have to be the best.

Hi-Lo was a heavy product that offered less square feet of living space compared to Trailmanor. No swing around tongue. I bet for many of us the swing around tongue was a deal maker.

When I first looked for a trailer in 2003 my decision came down to a Hi-Lo or a Trailmanor and in the end I went with Trailmanor because of the aforementioned reasons.

It is certainly heart breaking to see a business close. It's a crushing blow for each of the workers that never really goes away. Even if you find another job. It's kick in the stomach that leaves you breathless for a long time.

All of us who are in business owe to each other to do the best we can every day. You never know who's job you are saving.

P and B
07-16-2010, 06:34 PM
I just saw this on another web site. It will interesting to see how the RV market changes over the next 10 years as gas keeps getting more expensive and salaries keep going down relative to buying power. We were planning on doing some full time/part time RV living when I retire but I'm not so sure it will be possible (of course I have to figure out how to retire first ;-)

For now, we have the TM for our occasional excursions....

Phil

boater454
07-26-2010, 08:21 PM
That's too bad. I grew up about 10 miles from the Hi-lo Plant in Butler, OH. My family had a 19' Hi-Lo we took to the Rockys several times. Now I live about 20 miles from LakeCity, TN and own a TM. I like them both - the Hi-Lo had it's advantages as does the TM.