PDA

View Full Version : factory

zigzagguzzi
07-08-2010, 04:32 AM
Everything okay at the factory in Tn? Dealer has been unable to reach them by phone for parts, etc. .zz

P and B
07-08-2010, 05:57 AM
Their home page indicates some kind of big sale event going on but that shouldn't stop normal business I wouldn't think.

Phil

mbd4kids
07-08-2010, 07:42 AM
I know when I called a couple of weeks back one of the people in the parts dept had changed departments and someone else was taking their calls. I was told I had to leave a message, but surprisingly that person had personally answered the phone about 5 minutes earlier, so I convinced the receptionist to give a personal message (parts were being shipped to me that day). Maybe vacations?

zigzagguzzi
07-08-2010, 09:33 AM
I forgot about the sales . JD Sanders in Alachua fl has a BIG sale on TMs. I assume all dealers are doing the same. zz

Tom-417
07-08-2010, 10:30 AM
FWIW
I needed some parts for my old TM23 and had seen a lot of praise on this forum for Ed Lytle, so I emailed him in May. Got a response right back that Ed was on vacation for a week and that I should phone the parts department for my needs. I called and was told that I could just send my parts list to Customer Service. (Looks like he could have taken my order.) I sent the email and never got any response ever. We were going thru Dollywood on our way to Virginia last month so we slipped over to the factory. Got there too late for a tour but Ed came out and after hours rounded up the parts I needed. He said that they were not actually a retail outlet. Perhaps this means we should be going through a retail dealer for our parts and repairs. ?? If so, that makes it difficult for us that don't have a knowledgeable retailer close by.

07-08-2010, 01:20 PM
I have always had trouble getting anyone to return emails at the factory. i always have to send the same email 3 or 4 times before someone bothers to respond. It sound to me like they have a skeleton crew working. I hope it is not a bad sign.

kempert
07-09-2010, 09:29 PM
I sent an email to the Service Dept. last Friday. Since I hadn't heard anything back, I called Ed this afternoon. I had to leave a message since he was unavailable at that time. He returned my call and had already verified that my part had been pulled and was going to be shipped on Monday.

P and B
07-10-2010, 08:31 AM
I always go through a dealer for parts. Never have an issue. Of course they're just down the street but I bet they'd have them drop shipped if you call one.

Phil