PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions

TM_Matt
06-18-2010, 04:03 PM
This is a very useful forum and I appreciate all the work and participation here. If I might, here are some suggestions. If any of these are user error, let me know!

The logo at the top is a bit ostentatious and undermines privacy in an open environment - can it be smaller? http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/images/tmownerlogo.jpg

I like the vbulletin forums which have a consistent look and feel but this one seems to have some different settings. It would be nice if you could continue to see prior day's postings under "new posts" or "today's posts". This would allow voracious readers to keep on going readily. This is possible within a given forum but not with new or today's. This is normally available with other vbulletin forums I visit.

Thanks much.
Matt

mac_falls
06-19-2010, 07:55 AM
First, are you a TrailManor owner? Which I did not see in your post. I like the feel of OUR forum just the way it is. You say, The logo at the top is a bit ostentatious and undermines privacy in an open environment, maybe when you become an owner this feeling will change & fellow workers will be wishing they had one!

Scott O
06-19-2010, 09:35 AM
Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your positive posts in the future. I do disagree with your comments on the current vBulletin format. I like the logo the way it is as it seems to be very visually pleasing to me. I'm not interested in any privacy issues. Of course, I am not using this site in the sort of environment where it is inappropriate. As far as the way this incarnation of vBulletin is implemented, I enjoy using it just the way it is. In fact, I wish other sites were as user friendly as this one is. Maybe they should be the ones changing!

Wavery
06-19-2010, 09:53 AM
Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your positive posts in the future. I do disagree with your comments on the current vBulletin format. I like the logo the way it is as it seems to be very visually pleasing to me. I'm not interested in any privacy issues. Of course, I am not using this site in the sort of environment where it is inappropriate. As far as the way this incarnation of vBulletin is implemented, I enjoy using it just the way it is. In fact, I wish other sites were as user friendly as this one is. Maybe they should be the ones changing!
Because of the content of that post, I am hesitant to click on that link. I just don't get that type of a newbie post and I am very suspicious of links from anyone that I don't know/trust.

gocntry
06-19-2010, 10:29 AM
Because of the content of that post, I am hesitant to click on that link. I just don't get that type of a newbie post and I am very suspicious of links from anyone that I don't know/trust.

I Clicked It..... :D All It Does Is Show The Trailmanor Logo At The Top Of The Page

rumbleweed
06-19-2010, 01:39 PM
My $.02.
I wish all forums were as well maintained and user friendly as this one. Spam barely gets a chance to have the ink dry and it is gone. We don't need to change anything.

Bob

TM_Matt
06-19-2010, 04:38 PM
Sorry the message was over the top. No offense intended. On the ability to read more by continuing to the "next oldest", moderator is welcome to PM me for illustration.

Bill
06-20-2010, 06:52 AM
Certainly no offense was taken, Matt. All information and suggestions are welcome, even if we don't act on them. It is one of the things I enjoy about this board - no one flames anyone else for making a suggestion.

As to using the "NEW POSTS" button, I can't help you because I don't use it. As a moderator, I need to see each new post in the context of the previous posts - and of course the "NEW POSTS" button doesn't present any history. Perhaps others can help.

Bill

PopBeavers
06-20-2010, 05:06 PM
I exclusively use the new posts button. I read at least 90 percent of the posts.

The only time I do not use new posts is when I want to search for something.

Most of the other forums I use do not have a global new posts button, so it is a lot more work to find everything that has been updated since the last time I looked.

I might logon and use new posts as many as 10 times a day at times.

MariaG
06-20-2010, 06:10 PM
I follow pretty much the same procedure as you do, Wayne. I check in at least once a day and usually more.

And I think the logo is very streamlined and simple, not really over the top at all. I use Firefox, maybe it looks different on other browsers. Some forums I visit are so colorful and bright with animations and sparkle text and so on that I can barely read the posts, this one seems very uncluttered to me. :)

Joseph
06-21-2010, 06:52 AM
If it works, don't fix it. This works.;)

ThePair
06-21-2010, 10:06 AM
I follow pretty much the same procedure as you do, Wayne. I check in at least once a day and usually more.

And I think the logo is very streamlined and simple, not really over the top at all. I use Firefox, maybe it looks different on other browsers. Some forums I visit are so colorful and bright with animations and sparkle text and so on that I can barely read the posts, this one seems very uncluttered to me. :)

Ditto to both usage and looks. I login as frequently as I am at the PC (it's a kind of addiction, I know :P ) and use the New Posts all the time. This board is quite clean and uncluttered, imo.