PDA

View Full Version : Bedding Suggestions

rvmi312
04-21-2010, 01:31 PM
Well, we did it! Got ourselves a 'new' 2006 3124KS. Now we have to 'move in'. We were thinking about going with the Travasak idea for bedding although I don't see them anywhere now that we think we could use them. Thought I remembered seeing some folks talking about alternatives to them; at lower cost no less. Like the sound of that!

Suggestions??

Jim in Mich

PopBeavers
04-21-2010, 03:00 PM
We bought ours at Camping World.

They may be cheaper online.

B_and_D
04-21-2010, 07:48 PM
We just use an old down comforter with a duvet cover. If it's cold, it keeps us warm. If it's hot, we just push it off.

When the kids come with us they use sleeping bags.

mcgyver210
04-21-2010, 09:36 PM
IMO Travasaks are worth the investment. We purchased two with 4 matching shams.

I will try to remember the name of the online retailer where we found best price.

allenj
04-22-2010, 05:34 AM
A recent thread I saw on rv.net indicated that Travasak has gone out of business.
A few can still be found on closeout at various online retailers.

I've been interested in them for a while but never got a chance to see one in person,
and didn't want to buy one without being able to at least feel the material first.
There is another system still around called the SuperBag, but they are more expensive (around $300).

P and B
04-22-2010, 06:22 AM
We have the same model. We use a 2" foam topper and cover it and the base mattress with a fitted sheet. We make the bed when we set up by pushing the bed pull out in a bit so we can fit the sheet in the corners. My wife made an arrangement with two twin sheets buttoned onto two twin down comforters for the top arrangement. This way, the top sheet is kind of "built in" but if it get's warm, you can just throw off the comforter and use the sheet that's buttoned on to it. This makes it pretty easy to make the bed and you have some individual control over your comfort.

It should be noted that we rarely go camping in the summer (spring and fall mainly) so it's usually chilly, not hot. She made sure she put the buttons on the side that we're likely to throw off the comforter. Seems like a detail but you will usually do it when you're half asleep ;-) I should also add that she's an excellent seamstress so these little projects appear effortless to me (although I'm sure they're not!).

Phil

OneMoBear
04-22-2010, 09:59 AM
We absolutely love our Travasaks. We gave them quite a workout on our big trip and two big dogs and a big fat cat didn't damage them at all. I'd grab a set while you can if it is true the company is going out of business.

Malinda

mcgyver210
04-22-2010, 10:07 AM
A recent thread I saw on rv.net indicated that Travasak has gone out of business.
A few can still be found on closeout at various online retailers.

I've been interested in them for a while but never got a chance to see one in person,
and didn't want to buy one without being able to at least feel the material first.
There is another system still around called the SuperBag, but they are more expensive (around $300).

Seems you are correct from what I could find I am glad we already purchased ours along with extra sheets & shams WOW the economy must have hit them hard. RVUpgrades is where I purchased from & I noticed they have replaced Travasaks with the SuperBag mentioned.

Just in case someone could use one I noticed RVUpgrades has a listing for original Queen TravaSak in Blue at 139.00 original Queen TravaSak in Blue at 139.00 (https://www.rvupgradestore.com/items_248__travasak,%20rv%20bedding,%20rv%20sleep% 20system,%20camper%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%2 0%20bedding,%20rv%20sheets.html)

Beak12
04-22-2010, 05:16 PM
Well, we did it! Got ourselves a 'new' 2006 3124KS. Now we have to 'move in'. We were thinking about going with the Travasak idea for bedding although I don't see them anywhere now that we think we could use them. Thought I remembered seeing some folks talking about alternatives to them; at lower cost no less. Like the sound of that!

Suggestions??

Jim in Mich

In the May issue of Trailer Life there is a add in the back with a web page of www.hacksack-leisure.com Phone #1-800-521-1876 the add states 4 sizes and 5 colors.

LizarooK
04-22-2010, 06:06 PM
I ordered a Travasak for Christmas 09, I got it online at the Tuesday Morning website- I paid $79 plus tax and shipping. At that time, I had a choice of colors, too!