TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2016, 05:50 PM   #1
grubbyjeans

Default Curtain tape and glide source/ free curtains and pillows

We recently replaced the curtains in our 2720sl and will send our original curtains and pillows to anyone who wants them for the cost of shipping. Ours is a 2009 so the curtains are like new as our trailer was bought and unused by the original owner until we bought it in 2014. That's right! He took it home and let it sit in his garage until he decided to sell it while getting a divorce. He NEVER TOOK IT OUT!

Any way, my wife didn't like the colors so we changed colors. I've included a pic of interior of the trailer that was taken when we bought it as well as pics of the new colors.

The tape on some of the curtains needs to be replaced and the front curtain has slight water stains on the lower right corner due to a leak in the roof center seam. It is slight as we were able to get most of it out. It was only clean rain water.

We found a local source for snap tape and glides. The glides are a tight fit for TM tracks, but will work. I used a small file and made the track shoe a little thinner and they work smoother than at first.

Here are the links for the track glides and tape. The folks there are most willing to work with you.

Tape: https://www.curtain-tracks.com/recma...-the-yard.html
RECMAR 3091 Snap Tape - Sold by the Yard - Part # 3091Y

Glides: https://www.curtain-tracks.com/recma...nap-glide.html
RECMAR 3060 Plastic Snap Glide (14/bag) - Part # 3060

EDIT: Updated links due to supplier web change - 09-19-2018

They also have the guides for the privacy curtain which hangs in the bed area.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailmanor03.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	13667   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0006.JPG
Views:	397
Size:	295.6 KB
ID:	13668   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0008.JPG
Views:	395
Size:	297.6 KB
ID:	13669   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0017.JPG
Views:	359
Size:	287.3 KB
ID:	13670  

[SIGPIC]http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8372&dateline=1403045 022[/SIGPIC]
2010 Sport Trac -> 2009 2720SL
Travel accessories: Dobro style resonator guitar, Mandolin, Guitar

Albums
grubbyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 06:20 PM   #2
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Red face wondreing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grubbyjeans View Post
We recently replaced the curtains in our 2720sl and will send our original curtains and pillows to anyone who wants them for the cost of shipping. Ours is a 2009 so the curtains are like new as our trailer was bought and unused by the original owner until we bought it in 2014. That's right! He took it home and let it sit in his garage until he decided to sell it while getting a divorce. He NEVER TOOK IT OUT!

Any way, my wife didn't like the colors so we changed colors. I've included a pic of interior of the trailer that was taken when we bought it as well as pics of the new colors.

The tape on some of the curtains needs to be replaced and the front curtain has slight water stains on the lower right corner due to a leak in the roof center seam. It is slight as we were able to get most of it out. It was only clean rain water.

We found a local source for snap tape and glides. The glides are a tight fit for TM tracks, but will work. I used a small file and made the track shoe a little thinner and they work smoother than at first.

Here are the links for the track glides and tape. The folks there are most willing to work with you.

Tape: http://www.curtain-tracks.com/hardwa...-the-yard.html

Glides: http://www.curtain-tracks.com/recmar...nap-glide.html

They also have the guides for the privacy curtain which hangs in the bed area.

If you are interested in the curtains and pillows, send me a PM.
Your new curtains look really great and your wife did a bang up job on them...but I was wondering.....

Where do you store the 3 books, two plants, 4 pictures, the basket with the ??? balls in it, and the other big basket when you go traveling? How much extra time does it take to set all this stuff up and then tear it all down again? Do you go thru this procedure every time you stop at an RV park for an over night stay? I must admit, when Linda and I go traveling, the inside of our 3124KS doesn't look anything like this...it's a mess!...there's all sorts of personal junk spread all over the shell ledges and road related stuff is everywhere. It always looks like a tornado whipped thru there! But then we straighten it all up and put it back in the truck for the next days travel in the morning and when we reach our next destination, the inside gets trashed once again. It's all about personal comfort and how fast we can set up and fold down. Time is the key word when we travel....We want to get there...so we can trash it out all over again! Yours looks like something out of a magazine....very nice...how do you do it?
Tom
lnt123@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 07:02 PM   #3
grubbyjeans

Default Quick as a wink!

Hi, Tom,
Grubbyjeans' wife here. Thank you for the kind words!

Yeah, I'm the one who puts up and takes down all that "pretty" stuff every single time we set up the trailer. Oh, and you forgot to mention the 37" TV hanging on the wall on the right. It comes down first and goes face down on the sofa. All the rest of the items go on top of and around it, also on the sofa.

It sounds like a lot of work, but it's really not. Folding down and securing the flaps (with white gloves on, so the oils in my skin down't make the flaps look dirty) probably takes longer. No kidding, it only takes perhaps two minutes to put everything in place, every time, just as you see it.

3M Command strips hold the pictures on the walls, and the "books" are actually storage boxes, disguised to look like books. They hold a lot of little stuff--Scotch tape, safety pins, ballpoints, scissors, etc. the large basket in the corner holds the TV remote, plus whatever else needs a home and fits in there. The plant on the right hides the TV power cord and cable. The other plant and the basket with the ball "thingies" (I don't know what to call them either) are just to make the place look "homey." Most everything else onboard HAS to serve a useful purpose or it is left at home!

Grubbyjeans probably thinks my decorating efforts are a tiny bit excessive, I guess, since he said, "This isn't supposed to be 'House Beautiful', you know!" But I responded, "Well, it will be when I get through with it!" Ha!

All kidding aside, I wanted to make it look as nice as I could. As for clutter, we have no clutter, if we can help it. We bring only what we need and use everything we bring. The old adage, "a place for everything and everything in its place" really works for small places. Plus, it GREATLY helps that there are just 2 of us. If we had kids along, well, it would be much tougher to keep order.

So glad you liked how our trailer looks. Your kind words made my day!

Ladynew

[SIGPIC]http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8372&dateline=1403045 022[/SIGPIC]

Albums
Old 07-10-2016, 12:37 AM   #4
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Default Very Good then

Now I know your secrets and I am so glad to make your day...it really does look nice...well keep up the good work...Happy Trails(manoring)
Tom
lnt123@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 10:22 AM   #5
Bowfreak

Default Curtains

We would be very interested in your old curtains. Just figure up shipping to 2131 West Republic Road Suite 123 in Springfield, Mo 65807. I can send a money order, check, or paypal. Thanks
Bowfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 09:14 AM   #6
grubbyjeans

Default curtains have been taken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowfreak View Post
We would be very interested in your old curtains. Just figure up shipping to 2131 West Republic Road Suite 123 in Springfield, Mo 65807. I can send a money order, check, or paypal. Thanks
I'm sorry but they have been spoken for through pm and will be shipped today.

Albums
Old 08-19-2016, 11:01 AM   #7
Lifewith5

What a difference! The curtains really make everything look more home like. Can I ask what type of fabric you used? Does it need to be outdoor fabric? We are just getting started on fixing up our Trailmanor, and I wasn't sure if I needed to find outdoor fabric or if a regular indoor fabric is ok. I worry about when the Trailmanor is folded up and curtains are more exposed to the elements.
Lifewith5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 10:55 AM   #8
grubbyjeans

Smile

Grubbyjeans wife, Sheryl, here: Thank you so much for your kind words! We really appreciate them and are so glad you like our new look!

The patterned fabric I used is definitely indoor--for upholstery or drapes. It is quite heavy. If your seals work well, the fabric shouldn't get wet, even going down the road in the rain. Don't leave windows open when you're gone, in case of rain.

That said, outdoor fabric would be lighter weight and, perhaps, more practical, but we were going for a more luxury look, like the new high end RVs have, so we went for the upholstery fabric. It's a chore to make new curtains, but soooo worth it!!! Our original curtains were just too bland for our taste--solid tan twill fabric. We needed color!

The blue crushed taffeta fabric was bought "spur of the moment" just because I liked it, not yet knowing what I would use it for. Luckily, it matched the other fabric perfectly and I had just BARELY enough. I could never find any more of it. The fringe was purchased the same way, long before I got the other fabric. I bought the whole bolt of maybe 40 yards for $9.00--what a steal!!

I realize you're likely not interested in using the exact same patterned fabric we used, but just in case, it's called "Danny" and can be purchased on Amazon. Here is a link where you can see it up close:

https://www.amazon.com/Paisley-Drape...olstery+fabric

I actually bought ours locally (Houston), and the store also has a website:

http://www.efabricdecor.com

Grubbyjeans says he posted a link to a source for the curtain tape and snaps we used, on another thread, but he will have to look for it and send you the link.

Good luck with your project! Be sure to post pictures!!

Albums
Old 08-23-2016, 08:41 PM   #9
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

I really like the look of your new curtains!
Old 10-23-2016, 03:15 PM   #10
SMCrane1554

Default tv mount

How did you mount your TV on the wall of your TM?
2013 Ford F-150 SuperCrew
SMCrane1554 is offline   Reply With Quote