TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 01:29 PM   #1
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Default New screen door for the Trailmanor

A new camping season is upon us, and the workshop is humming making new screen door kits. New this year - the kit includes a pre-fabricated hinge, which simplifies construction. Less fussing, less cutting - it’s all good.

The screen door mounts in the top half of the TrailManor’s two part entry door opening. It can be attached or removed in seconds, giving you light and ventilation, while blocking flying insects.

The kit includes all parts, and requires only simple tools for assembly. For current pricing, check the latest information or query me directly. Pricing will always include shipping by Priority Mail to your US address. The information and the email addresses posted here in last year’s announcement are still valid.

The email address for the kit is [email protected]. Please include the word INFO in the subject line for questions and general information. Include the word ORDER in the subject line for speedy response to your order. Either way, please include your forum login name to help me identify you.

We’re looking forward to a cool and bug-free summer of camping, and we hope you are as well!
Old 03-20-2015, 04:55 PM   #2
MarkoPolo
TrailManor Master

I've got my order in for one! This will be my spring project and I think the idea of a screen door is just great. Frankly, I wish Trailmanor would buy your kits and install them as an option when ordering a new trailer.
Old 03-20-2015, 07:50 PM   #3
Bill
Site Team

So do I, Mark. I have offered, and they have expressed interest, but they have too many other things ahead of it in line. Someday. Why don't you write them and prod them?

Bill
Old 04-07-2015, 08:41 PM   #4
Bill
Site Team

A number of folks have asked for "a bit more info, and some photos", so I put together a stop-motion video (an animated gif file), attached. It is a little crude - I am no artist - but it shows you what is going on. The first few seconds show it being mounted in the Dutch door. The last two or three frames show it being dismounted. Hope it helps.

Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen gif annotated.gif
Views:	412
Size:	5.07 MB
ID:	11974  
Old 04-15-2015, 06:11 PM   #5
duvalbirder

Looks interesting. Do you have to remove the screen section when closing the top and bottom doors? Like when you are leaving your TM and want both doors closed for security.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:40 PM   #6
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by duvalbirder View Post
Looks interesting. Do you have to remove the screen section when closing the top and bottom doors? Like when you are leaving your TM and want both doors closed for security.

Yes you do.

The upper part of the Dutch door is decoupled from the lower door and clipped back against the TM. You then pop on the screen door.

When you want to close the full door, you pop off the screen door (takes two seconds) and then re-attach the upper and lower doors together.

Easy, simple, and I love having the screen door.

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)
Welcome Sophie DOB 1/5/2021
Mini Goldendoodle (who's not so mini)

New to me 2010. 2720SD TrailManor
New to me 2010 Chevy Traverse

Both purchased July 2013

Factory installed 80W solar panel.

New batteries June 30th 2018.
(SLIGC115 Duracell Ultra 6V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery x 2)
New bag seals Sept 2020
Rohent R7 HD 1080P RV Wireless Backup Camera Installed Sept 2020
Old 05-04-2015, 06:53 PM   #7
GolfingDebby

Default New Screen Door

We assembled our screen door kit on Saturday and it is AWESOME! The screen looks like it was custom made to exactly fit our door. It was very easy to put together with the instructions that are included. Very stable when you open the door with it installed and it closes so snugly that we'll no longer have flying critters in the trailer with the top door open. Trailmanor should definitely offer this screen door option with their new trailers. I can't thank you enough for the time it must have taken you to design it Bill!! An engineering marvel (worthy of the TM), for sure!

Debby & Doug Williams
Old 05-17-2015, 12:53 PM   #8
Bill
Site Team

Thanks, Debby. I'm glad you found it to be simple and effective. That was the purpose of all the engineering work that went into it.

My wife and I have arrived in Maine, and the wheels are turning in the workshop again. I have worked through the small backlog that accumulated while we were on the road, and we are now ready to ship new screen door kits.

Summer is upon us, and now is the time to add a screen door to your TM!

Bill
Old 06-02-2015, 09:28 PM   #9
MarkoPolo
TrailManor Master

Default New screen door for the Trailmanor

We finally will be able to take out our TM for our first trip this season. Our first planned trip was literally rained out.
I have just finished building and installing Bill's wonderful screen door. We really look forward for the extra ventilation, more light and fewer bugs! I'm not the handiest guy, but Bill's thorough instructions made this a very reasonable project.
Old 07-02-2015, 07:01 AM   #10
fordmech
Site Sponsor

Default Screen door

I assembled the new screen door kit. Very nice addition to the TM, Will make camping even more enjoyable this year. Instructions are good and it was easy to make. We already have had several good comments by other TM owners.