TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > General Maintenance and Cleaning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-22-2003, 04:30 AM   #1
Ettelson

Default Re: OWNERS MANUAL

If you write or call Trailmanor they will send you an owners manual for $20.00
Old 01-22-2003, 04:31 PM   #2
Gene

Wouldn't it be great if someone could put the TM owners manual on the internet to download.
Old 01-23-2003, 12:29 AM   #3

Copy rights *
Sounds like you are on top of it * good Idea *
:
Old 01-23-2003, 05:08 AM   #4

Has anyone asked TM about attaching one to their website. I know several manufacturers that have made them available that way.

Aaron 8)
Old 01-24-2003, 12:43 AM   #5
arknoah

You're right about the copyright issue, but couldn't TM owners get an access code to view the manual online?
Old 01-24-2003, 06:31 AM   #6
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Wouldn't it be great if someone could put the TM owners manual on the internet to download.
Eugene -

I would be willing to scan mine and put it up, but I would need
a) a web site to put it on - I don't have one
b) an OK from TM - the copyright issue

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 06:54 AM   #7
hal

I have found the hand book to be very helpful in a handful of situations.  It is full of things that are useful for educational purposes or to solve a malfunction of a part on the trailer.  It is not exciting ready but I suppose I would read it before I read "War and Piece" of Dr. Jivigo"  I have delved into the manual but will wait til the movies come around again.

While it is extremely generous of Bill it seems to be a lot of labor to scan so many pages that are of no value until the occasion arrises.  TrailManor has so few problems that aren't discussed on this site,  I would much prefer to contact TrailManor for a copy rather than spend the hours (days) copying pages I probably will never need. Then to spend numerous hours (days) printing each page could become a real task and probably cost more than the $20.00 charged for the book by the factory. By the way, with the exception of those pages that are written by someone at the factory, most if not all are available for dL at the specific manufacturers internet site.  Also, you might be surprised what you can learn by visiting a manufacturer's site.  
Richdupont..... with a name like that, you sound like you have a lot of money.  Just kidding of course.  If you need copies of a few specific pages, I am sure someone here (myself included) would be willing to scan them and send them to you.

I found it is great to have the book to read when I have a free moment.  It doesn't make exciting reading and there probably will never be a movie made from it. There is talk about a Broadway play but they can't get Liz Taylor to play the lead. I keep watching the New York Times for it to be reviewed.  But it keeps me from having to read "War and Piece" , let me at it.
Hal
Old 01-24-2003, 07:33 AM   #8

Hi Hal, thanks for the great reply to Richdupont. Yes I thought I had stuck lucky when I met him and heard his name was DuPont. Still poor though, wrong DuPont.  
Jean
Old 01-24-2003, 07:36 AM   #9

Hi Hal:
good show, information, I remember me Mother saying at 18 when I went off to find myself "Just Remember if anyone ask you Are "NOT" A Deleware DuPont"
the problem is with Jean and i is that the RV place we bought our T/M are as unfamiler with our T/M as we are, my concern is to know where is this and that and to make sure it is all "locked" open when we do pull it open to Camp! We pick it up on the 27th. Jan so we can not "Check it over" yet, We where shown once 4 months ago at a T/M  Dealer in Tampa Fl. ( GO Bucs)
thanks  R&J  
Old 01-24-2003, 10:52 AM   #10
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Hi, all -

My browser isn't bringing up the original post in this thread.  Who originally asked for the manual?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote